Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir sometime my eyes become red when I go outside in sun. Some time suddenly I get some pain in closing of my eyes. So please help me out.
I am not getting sleep, in night. I am a model because of my dull eyes im getting problems in my profession. Please suggest some ways to prevent it.
I have vision problem. So I need to know, difference between vision and eye sight? And how vision is calculated, my vision is 6/20, what it means?
I my left eye there is a short of small fly thing appeared. I am worried because of that. I had consulted some doctor. The doctor says it is floater and for that no treatment is possible. It would not harm. My eyes got operated for cataract. Please advise me for my problem. Thanks and regards.
I have dark circles below my eyes And face having problem of oil and very pain in eyes and mind not focus on any thing eyes get very pain on concentrate on any thing please help me what should I do.
I have a abdomen tb. I completed my course of tablets. Now I didn't took Madison from December 25th onwards. Now my condition is see bellow. 1) today I have some fever type condition is there with temperature 100.2 2) my weight is also reduced by 1kg Please help me what I have to do. These conditions represents any regenerate abdomen tb for me.
If we suffer from short sightedness at the power of-1.50 from teenage (13), is there any possibilities of it getting cured as we grow up?
Hi ,I am 45 years and now my near eye vision is not clear .doctor say I have presbyopia. Also my far vision is poor - 4.00 in both eyes for which I am wearing contact lenses. Pls suggest what to do to avoid wearing a specs or glasses n still my both near n far vision are clear.
Myth: It's best not to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. Taking a break from them allows your eyes to rest.
Fact: If you need glasses or contacts for distance or reading, use them. Not wearing your glasses will strain your eyes and tire them out instead of resting them. However, it will not worsen your vision or lead to eye disease.
I always have red eyes. Most of the time my eyes look like blood red as if I have drinker for days together although I never drink. Please help.
I am 17 years male. And have glasses on eyes.-2, and-1.5 in right and left eyes. Is there any treatment for reducing lens no. In homeopath or ayurved. Without surgery.
I am not getting sleep properly since 1 month and my eyes are became very tired. What is the problem I had and how to overcome it?
I have red eyes from 3 days and they are also watering. What should I do? And I am also having urine problem.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.