Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Neha DuggalYour feedback matters!
Body is paining a lot, Back pain and thighs pain. I do gym but because of work pressure I did not since 8 days. Energy is too low.
I am 19 years old male I have some problems when I was running at morning few days before I have pain in my left leg joint for this I can't run properly suggest me.
I am 25 years female and have back pain last 5 years and haven't got any relief what should I do now?
I have a dislocated shoulder on left side .all the time it pains please suggest some remedy and some physio therapy exercise for it. Plz.
I am 35 year male have a knee problems, some time I feel there is no knee, feel pain during using toilet and not easy to band down
I am 30 years old person. My job is a sitting job. I have backache since last month. Kindly give some advice.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I m 23 years old, and I have right knee ligament injury from 3 month, I have met several Dr, after 2 month one Dr. said its not ligament injury and he took out some water and pain decreased by 70% but, some times it still pain what may causes. Did it because of ligament injury or not.
I am 25 year old age male and have backache for. Last 2 month. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple. Of day but couldn't have any relief. What should I do now.
I have pain in my left hand, I m a gym goer and I eat kfc chicken which have contained monosodium glutamate is it the reason for my suffering or also I think that due to sleeping in left side. Suggest me how can I get rid of it.
Sir, I am 59 years old, body weight 67kgs height 5. 8 ft I am suffering from both leg heel pain from last 15 days.I dont have sugar or b. P problem daily 8 km riding bycycle, please advise me,.
Damaged hips can cause great distress in carrying out daily activities, such as walking, getting dressed and many more. If you have damaged one or both of your hips, and it causes you great pain, you may require a hip replacement. It is a common form of surgery in which a damaged hip joint gets replaced with an artificial one. This is known as prosthesis.
Conditions which lead to hip replacement
- Osteoporosis where the cartilage inside a hip joint gets worn out, and the bones rub with each other as a result
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is caused when the immune system attacks the hip joint lining by mistake
- If the hip joint gets damaged severely during an accident or fall
The purpose of a replaced hip joint is to provide pain relief, improve the hip’s function, improve your ability to carry out day-to-day activities and improve your overall quality of life.
A hip replacement is usually carried out under general anesthesia. An incision is made in the hip by the surgeon and the damaged hip joint is removed through it. It is replaced with an artificial metal alloy or a ceramic joint. The surgery takes approximately 60 to 90 minutes for completion.
After the surgery, a walking aid such as crutches is required for up to four to six weeks. You may enroll for an exercise program, which aims at regaining and improving the new hip joint functions. Regular activities can be restored within two to three months. A year is required for utilizing the new hip joint normally.
Risks of hip replacement
There may be several complications as a result of a hip replacement. They include:
- Dislocation of the hips
- Infection at the surgery wound
- Injury to nerves and blood vessels
- Difference between the lengths of two legs
Hip replacement surgery has an alternative type of surgery, which is called hip resurfacing. During this surgery, the damaged surfaces of the bones within the hip joint are removed and replaced with a metal surface. Less bone is removed in this surgery. However, the metal surface may cause complications and health hazards.
Hip replacement is being improved upon with the advent of technology. Stronger and newer materials are being developed for prosthetics, which will allow enhanced joint mobility and a longer wear. New cement-less implants are also being developed. Also surgery assisted by computer is being used for generating an image of the hip joint. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.