Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeti AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, my grandson is 40 months old. His hb is very low. He hesitates for any type of food. Can I get solutions so that he will start eating food.
Hello Doctor, my daughter is 5 and half months old, on 19th she will start her 6th month. My baby is suffering from loose motion and vomiting. When ever she drinks milk she starts motion and after finishing her milk she starts vomiting like curd. Medicine which I give her for vomiting and loose motion are ONDEM, oral solution and VIZYLAC, dry powder. We give our baby cows milk. She becomes well for a while and again starts motion. What to do doctor, is there any best home remedy. Please reply.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
1years old boy. Motion several (3--4) times in the afternoon with little mass and more fluid, and the skin around the anus get irritated with red colour and the child cry loudly for a long time. The fluid seems to be acidic. The child take only homely food such as rice, wheat, milk, banana and thrice NAN milk powder. What to do? Any change in the feeding?
I am losing hair fall. Which shampoo is better to control hair fall and home remedies for hair fall. I want to reduce my weight. Can you tell some tips for weight loss. What are the weaning foods for 5 month old baby.
Hi I have a 3 year old child, he is in play school. Before going early morning school he takes only a glass of milk and some biscuits or cakes in his tiffen box for break time, is it good for him. I am really confused about his healthy food schedule. Please suggest me, what kind of food I should give him during his schooling and after?
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
We have six months old baby. Currently he is at my in-laws' place with my wife. I am planning to bring my family to Bangalore. We have a question regarding buffalo milk feeding. As we get the milk from a dairy here, is it ok to feed him this milk. My wife's milk production is not much, please advise on what things to take care regarding feeding our baby. Thanks in advance.
My child age is 15 month year old now he have not a single teeth born and now before 2 days he vomiting when we are giving some food to eat and loss potty 3 times in a day whats the problem he have and what type of remedy we will take or medicine.
My son is 6 years old he repeat the things again & again if I purchased fruits for him he ask me again & again mom I can eat but it will finish & if he found qty less than do not eat when we purchase again than he will eat and dont want to eat anybody. Every time intrested to go my old house and dont want to go any other city. He is studying class 1st getting good marks 80% but some times forget same thing again & again he is like singing music. Many time ask same thing again & again so pls suggest what should I do for his better future.
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?
I have one child. He is 5 years old. My sister also has a baby. After watching my sister breastfeeding her baby, my son also wants breastfeeding milk from me. Please suggest how can I breastfeed my son.
My child's age is 3 years old and His weight is only 10 kg and I consulted Dr. for gain his weight but nothing happen. Kindly suggest me what to do for gain his weight.
1. How much useful/not useful goat milk (properly sterilised) for infants below 12 months of age? 2. What benefits of it to human life?
My baby is 6.5 month old. She is doing vomiting since yesterday. We have introduced curd in her diet recently.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.