Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neerja VarshneyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from PCOS since long, due to which I suffer from irregular periods, is there any permanent solution to it apart from regular medicines and pills?
Pregnancy and child birth are some of the most important functions of a woman’s life, and they have a life long bearing on how her body functions as well. A normal delivery or a vaginal delivery is something that a majority of women prefer because it is one of the most normal ways of delivering a baby without having to go through an invasive or surgically induced method that will also include the aid of medication. So what all can you expect when you are going through a normal or a vaginal delivery? Here is a quick list.
- Birth plan: During the final trimmest of your pregnancy and especially during the ninth month, it is important to have a birthing plan in place. By this time, it will be clear that you are going through your pregnancy in a normal manner without any problems or complications that may have a bearing on the way you will deliver the child. It will be pretty clear that you are going to have a normal delivery, in which case it is important to talk to your doctor and your partner about who will be with you when you deliver the child, and at what point you may ask for an epidural. Also, remember to include the complications that can lead to the employment of other delivery methods like forceps or a caesarean section.
- Early phase of delivery: During the early phase of your delivery, the amniotic sac, which is a fluid filled protective sac, will burst. This sac usually protects the baby. Once this water breaks, you will be in active labour. For many women, the contractions and labour pains begin before the water actually breaks, in which case, the doctor may have to rupture the sac manually or with the help of medication.
- Contractions: The tightening and releasing of your uterus is known as a contraction. These contractions will start to come in lesser intervals as the delivery progresses. It is important to keep track of the number of minutes between each contraction as this will help the doctor monitor the delivery. These may not be the most reliable indication of the progression of your labour and delivery, because sometimes, these contractions may also be false alarms like Braxton Hicks contractions, which may happen at various points during your third trimester.
- Opening of the Cervix: The opening or dilation of the cervix will usually take place eventually along with the contractions. Usually, this opening is about 3 to 4 centimeters with a passage connecting the vagina with the uterine cavity. When this dilation reaches 10 centimeters, it means that the baby is ready to start crowning. At this point, the contractions will also be closer and you will be urged to begin pushing so that the baby may enjoy a safe passage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Will doctor say if I am pregnant by checking my body because my urine pregnancy test kit said negative. I have my regular periods and thyroid is normal and also prolactin is also normal. No periods for 7 days. So If I go to the doctor and will they be able to the result.
My periods had to occur on 19th. But it's 27th today. N I hv yet not got my periods. I hv taken an ipill. Is the delay because of ipill or m I pregnant? Can anyone plzz help me out.
As confirmed from usg I am 8 weeks and 3days pregnant acute pain started in my back and abdomen. What is this please one miscarriage occurred earlier before 9 months.
I am 37 years and married. Last year went through failed IVF. For some time I got my periods regular but for the last 4-5 months the periods have stopped suddenly and there is no pregnancy. I have already been treated for cyst also before the IVF. What would you suggest.
Hi I am married just one month back and I think that my breast shape is very small. And I feel lump in my breast. I am really worried is that a sign of cancer. Also I want to increase my beast size .pls help me how do I do it?
Food’s relation with depression is a complicated one. A person can suddenly lose appetite or become extremely voracious. There are instances when you feel hungry, but do not eat due to the lethargy of cooking. Either way, it is a difficult task to eat healthy during a depression. Here is a list of tips that will help you to refrain from eating and drinking unhealthy and unhygienic food items such as alcohol, junk foods, chocolate, caffeine and ice-cream.
Prepare frozen meals well in advance:
During depression, not many people feel the urge to cook a meal. The alternative, in this case, is to prepare as many meals as you can and freeze them for future consumption. Food items such as black beans, pasta and chicken can be cooked and stored in the refrigerator for quite a few days. Store the cooked food in as many jars as you have. This cooked items will act as a life saviour when you feel hungry, but do not feel like cooking.
Use fewer dishes:
Minimising the number of dishes will save your life. A lot of people lose the urge of cooking or eating healthy when they see a pile of undone dishes in the wash basin. Use a minimum amount of dishes that is required for daily use and immediately wash them when you are done eating. This way you will fell motivated to cook and eat healthily.
Do not go for complicated meals:
They are a lot of easy to cook healthy meal options out there. Do not go for a dish that is difficult to prepare. If you mess up, chances are that you will neither enjoy eating the dish nor it cook in the future as well. The best thing to do is to prepare simple and easy to prepare healthy meals. Refer to a recipe book if you need help.
Listen to music while preparing food:
Cooking can be boring if you do not enjoy it. A good alternative is to listen to music while cooking. This will keep boredoms at bay and meals will be prepared in a whisker. Not to mention music will also keep your motivation level high. If work and play are not your things, you can watch the cooking shows to get your motivation level up.
Eating out is not a crime. If you feel the urge to eat out, go by all means. You need not eat junk food when you are out. Instead of going to a fast food joint, go to a good restaurant that serves healthy yet tasty food. It is a great way of improving your mood and eating healthy at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 4months pregnant and doctor suggested for triple test. I want to know what is the use of this test.
I am experiencing acne and facial hair from past 4 years. Now my face is filled with scars. My sister is diagnosed with pcod, just wondering if even I have the same and is it the reason for acne and hair. I did my hormone test as prescribed by the endocrinologist but didn't get time to show him the results. I have even thyroid and taking the thyro norm doses regularly. Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of acne and facial hair. I am 34.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: The upper limit of safe caffeine intake is one cup of 12 Oz of coffee every day or less than 200 mg per day. A small quantity will not adversely affect the baby. It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine over the mentioned limit, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self-meditation.
3. Heavy Exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to fetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioral disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
Sir/madam After marriage I do not want baby for one year. Can I take anti pregnancy medicine. And what medicine is safe and not side effects.
I am 12 I don't have my periods. All of my friends doli, kusum, chesta, divya and priya got their i am not able to tell to my mom too please help me doctor. Thank you.
Am just 17 and had unprotected sex while on my last day of periods. To avoid any prgrenancy I took I pill. Is I pill bad for me? What are the possible side effects of I pill in this age on me?
I have problem in my mensuration cycle ie without taking medicine it don't happen now I am married and planning to have child suggest me some solution.
Helo I am 30 years old boy and my wife is 28 years old girl. We married 45 days ago and my wife is pregnant from one month. My question is can we continue sex in these months if yes then tell me how long? Is it safe?
To be continued.