Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neerja DayalggalYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my girl friend without using condom right ofter her periods. I have used delay spray and pulled out before ejaculation. Will there be a chances of getting pregnant. Can we use Ipill. And she is 19 years old.
Hello docter I am 23 year old and got married on 6 dec 2014 from some day I feel like vomiting when I go for eat something and also pain on my left side of stomach my last period date is 20 march. What is the reason behind it? please tell me fast.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
My tsh level is 11.8. I want to conceive within august 2015. Will it be a riskfull pregnancy? which kind of risk may occure?
I am 50 years old female diagnosed with cervicitis in ultrasound scan. My mother 74 yrs of age was diagnosed with ovarian adenexa mass and was operated and without chemo on tomaxifen leading normal life. Do I hv any chance of having cancer in life as I have heard it is in genes,
My wife's period is not coming, I will check pregnancy .result negative But she's period date last today. What is the problem?
Your brain is strongly influenced by hydration status.
Studies show that even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can impair many aspects of brain function.
In a study of young women, a fluid loss of 1.36% after exercise impaired both mood and concentration and increased the frequency of headaches .
Another similar study, this time in young men, showed that fluid loss of 1.59% was detrimental to working memory and increased feelings of anxiety and fatigue .
A 1-3% fluid loss equals about 1.5-4.5 lbs (0.5-2 kg) of body weight loss for a 150 lbs (68 kg) person. This can easily occur through normal daily activities, let alone during exercise or high heat.
Many other studies, ranging from children to the elderly, have shown that mild dehydration can impair mood, memory and brain performance .
Bottom Line: Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.
Having low lying placenta. Now 17 weeks crossed. I am on Complete bed rest due to brown spotting. Position has much improved, but not fully stopped. Latest usg reflects all OK for baby. Whether I can resume office.
Is ED and PE curable. How i M 35 n suffering from both .m do a lot of work out.But somehow I have fear for sex whether I ll be able to perform. What is the best medicine sildenafil or tadalafil. I have performance phobia. As m patient of IBS I don't drink milk and use ssrl drugs peiscibed by doc. What are it's effects on my sex life and how to counter it's side effects. please suggest me the remedy as it's spoiling my self esteem and I am getting dependent on sildenafil and tadalafil. Will I get addicted to them. please help.
My baby is 3 months old I was feeding him breast milk plus formula milk as milk supply is less. My problem is now he is not at all sucking me.
Hi, after iui my doctor asked me to use susten 200 twice a day for 18 days as suppository. I am getting periods like cramps in my lower back. It is now 13 days post iui. Is it a sign of periods or does it happen? Am very curious. Ovulated on day 13.
If after taking abortion pill at home and pregnancy not clear after 5 days of bleeding then what shall I do?
Is there any chance to effect on stitches as increase the baby weight by close to the delivery time if I continue second pregnancy after 11 months (Caesarian with LSCS stitches)?
Hi I have high sugar level because of PCOD so shall I start diabetic medication or should just have balance diet n no stress.
I am suffering from stomach ache since few days, It's been 2 months I have missed my periods also the urine test goes negative every time I am not sure what to do next.
We had sex and just 2 hours after that, she got her periods. I don't think we had a protected sex. The condom slipped off. Its been 12 hours by now. Can I give her i-pill. Does she have the chance of pregnancy. Just 6 days before only she ate that i-pill because of unprotected sex. So because of that her periods got delayed by 5 days. Now she got her periods. What should I do? I'm very scared.
My wife from today having white milky discharge from breast. Both the breast and having a irregular periods. Please tell me the problem.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.