Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am 26 year old girl. When I was 12 yr old I operated for ovarian cyst and Dr. Removed my right ovary afterthat my periods started which are regular. I got married for 1 and a half year and we are trying for past 8 months. I am not conceiving. Please help.
My menstrual cycle is not proper. Last periods had 21 January. And I am not physically fit. Please suggest me.
My wife (30+ yrs) is currently in 34-weeks of her 2nd pregnancy. We recently had our Doppler USG, which indicates most of the parameters are normal, except the baby weight (2.1 kg) is a little low & AFV is just adequate, which makes the GA by USG 5-days behind than that of LMP. The radiologist asked to increase her protein intake in terms of food (egg, milk & fish), while the OBG prescribed couple of supplements like 'Proteinex Mom' & 'Rigin plus sachet. Based on the baby's current condition, should she just increase the daily intake of egg, milk & fish or, is it advisable to go for the supplements?
Pregnant lady what are food items she required to eat. Pls suggest me, or fruits. So that baby should grow inside well.
Hi doctor, I am 23 year old girl. I didn't got my periods this month that is I am 5 days late from the actual date of periods. I had sexual intercourse in September last which was although a protected one but it also happened without protection but sperm didn't come out there was only some light weight water but then I got my periods timely in October. I am quite worried and confused for can there be a chance of pregnancy or this delay is due to any other reason. Kindly help me out from coming out of this confusion. Please suggest the best possible measures.
I feel itchy around the mons pubis and around the vulva area. My vaginal discharge looks like thick cheesy color. And also itchy around perianal area. What should it be? And how I can treat this.
For push ups ensure that the back is flat and core muscles engaged. The placement of the hands is important to target the correct muscles. Make sure to have someone who is spotting or assisting to keep the bar back and not too heavy. Or else injury can happen
Hi could you please suggest best contraceptive pills to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Is it good to take regular pills?
Gardening as a hobby has been a great way to grow plants for many households. In many cases people have confirmed that watching these plants sprout and grow can be a therapeutic experience altogether and provides them with positive energy and vibrancy. However, in the fast diminishing land space, growing a plant may not be the option anymore. “Not necessarily”- state some homemakers. It is very much possible to have some plants grown indoors and the positivity of growing them can be channeled across to your homes. These can benefit both the body and mind respectively.
Here are 5 plants you can grow indoors. You do not need a huge terrace or balcony,all you need is a little space right inside your home and a little care for these beautiful and useful plants.
- Areca Palm: This leafy plant can be grown anywhere in the house and it doesn’t require direct sunlight. These plants can grow as high as 25 feet outdoors but you can restrict them to about seven feet at indoor locations. Put them in a small container and once the roots get crowded the plant cannot grow in size and they work best as an effective natural humidifier. They also cleanse the air from impurities and can keep the air fresh.
- English Ivy: This green plant is a household name and helps in reducing airborne fecal matter particles. The plant needs sun light, hence it is best to keep it near the windows or stilts where you have adequate sunlight. Take care while watering and make sure that the soil is completely dry before watering it again.
- Aloe Vera: One of the most used plants in beauty products can be grown in-house. Aloe plants like to be dry and warm, and you can keep them in small pots and they do require sunlight. Do not keep these plants in a place where there is moisture as it may harm the leaves of the plant.
- Indian Basil: Commonly known as Tulsi, growing this plant is common across Asian regions, especially India. It requires no maintenance and you can plant the seeds easily. It requires normal sunlight and be even kept near the window slits. Basil leaves are one of the most enriching super foods that can keep many ailments at bay. Simply water them and watch it thrive.
- Spider Plant: This lovely plant combats benzene, formaldehyde, and xylene, a solvent used in the leather, rubber and printing industries. The plant derives its name from the uniquely shaped leaves that resembles a spider. The plant is also completely safe if you have pets. Water required is very minimal and if at all the plant turns brown, there is nothing to worry as it will get its green self back soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi doc. M 6 week pregnant m taking susten sr 300. Since 15 days can I continue it. I have pcos and endometriosis problem also. And when I go to Dr. For checkup and ultrasound.
I am 30 weeks pregnant having O-ve blood group with 10.2 hemoglobin. Weight is 72 kg height 160 cm. Please advise me the natural diet and supplements.
During menses I was participated sex with any girl pregnancy possible or not briefly explain what happened that time.
Mujhe Dr. ne 2 judwa bacche bole h 5 & 6 week pregnancy but ek bacche ki Heart beat nhi aai sonography me Dr. ne 20 din bad phr bulaya h kya bacche ki heartbeat return aa Sakti h ya nhi bhut tension ho rha h mere dusre bacche ko koi problem to nhi hogi?
Hello everyone. My age is 21 and I have PCOS and from the last 40-50 days I am undergoing its treatment. As prescribed I am taking Tablets B-LONG", APCOD Sachet 5g, THYRONORM 12.5 MCG, and diane 35" Last month I had normal periods. But this time it is very different. It started on 11.04. 2016 and then lasted for full 4 days (ended on 15.04. 2016). But after a couple of days it again started and is still continuing. The amount is very less like 1-2 drops only but it has lasted for more than 20 days. I am very tensed, please help me why this is happening and what should I do? Please give detailed answer.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Sedentary lifestyle? welcome sex problems with open arms
Modern lifestyle has led to a sedentary lifestyle, which has already made way for several health problems. While problems like cervical, back and neck pain, diabetes, blood pressure, cancer, heart ailments etc are some of the most common, sex problems are also on a continuous rise due to this lethargic way of living.
The sedentary lifestyle that most young couples live has restricted their physical movement to almost nil and thus making them so sluggish that they just don't feel like performing the sexual act with much enthusiasm. As a result, they can suffer from sex problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
The main reason behind this sedentary lifestyle and subsequent sex problems is the working conditions. Young professionals usually spend most of their hours at workplace either sitting or doing least amount of legwork.
Here are some easy clues to let you know if you are also a victim of this sedentary lifestyle. Take a note of these and make sure you do not let them hinder your sexual pleasure...
1. Seating stress: if you continue to sit in one posture throughout the day, you end up taking the undue strain on your back. Either your back position is too erect or it bends a little too much. This may put you at a risk of having some spine troubles, which would further cause sex problems. As spine muscles are used to a large extent while having sex, such a lifestyle would never allow you to enjoy an interrupted pleasure. Those who suffer from such spinal and back problems would, in most cases, end up getting up in between the sexual act and hence leaving their partner unsatisfied in bed.
2. Exercise exertion: it's believed that walking few minutes and leading an active lifestyle and exercising our pelvic muscles is beneficial for sex. Lack of this exercise may lead to sexual problems like infertility or impotency. It has been medically proved that there has to be a proper exercise routine not only for your body but for your sexual organs too
3. Thinking tension: with a continuous concentration on your work and other career related anxieties, this will lead to your sexual senses failing to get aroused easily and thus you may not feel emotionally and physically attached to your partner. Also, when you cannot focus on your sexual performance, sex problem like erectile dysfunction (not getting a proper erection) is sure to harm you.
4. Physical pressure: as you remain deskbound and do not get involved in much of moving, your lower body, especially legs become very slothful and you would find it tough taking any pressure while performing sex as well. In such cases, you fail to experiment much with sex positions, as you cannot move your leg freely fearing some pain or strain and thus sexual problems like premature ejaculation can ruin your sexual performance. Due to this sedentary lifestyle, you keep sitting on the chair most of the hours during the day and this leads to a low physical stamina, which shows its adverse effects while you are performing sex.
5. Weight woes: weight gain is the foremost consequence of living a sedentary lifestyle. As you remain inactive for more than required time, you tend to put on extra weight and even become obese in extreme cases. Under such circumstances, you are more prone to developing sex problems and an overweight person anyways also finds it uncomfortable to perform in bed with ease. Imagine with your weight troubling you already, you would never want to bear that additional weight of your partner, so your sexual relationship can go for a toss.
6. Bad blood circulation: do not forget that more you walk and get yourself involved in physical activities, better would be your blood flow in the body. But as modern individuals have to cope up with their professional and academic preferences, they get very less time to focus on any outdoor activities and they don't indulge much in the legwork. As a result, there is a lack of blood circulation in the entire body. Even the blood that is circulated to the sex organs is not proper, hence chances are high that you face problems while erection or intercourse.
7. Cardiac crisis: lack of physical stamina leads to lack of blood circulation, which further leads to cardiac problems and they can, in turn, make way for several sex problems and vice versa. So this is a vicious cycle and the ignition point for all these problems is your lifestyle, which is less of moving and more sedentary. Also, you often fail to understand the reasons behind sudden heart problems, minor heart attacks, and chest pains but it's important that you should know that it's your sluggish lifestyle which may be leading to all these cardiac problems.
Therefore, I suggest you immediately change your lifestyle pattern and incorporate a regime of exercise in your daily life and reap the benefits not only in your day to day life but energize your sexual energy too