Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Dhamija
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj DhamijaYour feedback matters!
I have dark circles prblm n it seems my daily diets does not fulfill the required nutrionprotiens n vitamins help me with some good supplements to reduce my skin problems.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am 25 years old working man. I have a small mark on my nose which is visible. Is there any way to remove it with the help of ailments? If it's not done through medicines what will be cause for plastic surgery? Where can I Approach in Bangalore and who is the best one available in metro cities.
I wants to tell you about the problem of skin whitening in my body this problem is increasing day by day. I have already take the more and more treatment to not feel relief in my body please tell me the solution of my this problem so that I can feel relief?
What is the best way to increase my skin tone (fairness) without side effects. My skin is sometimes oily and sometimes dry.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!