Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neera Hari SinghaniYour feedback matters!
There are some commonest misconceptions about infertility and these misconceptions should be eliminated as soon as possible so that the actual facts can be known. There are many online sites where you can find detailed information on the scientific explanations regarding infertility and you can follow them.
List of myths and facts regarding infertility:
1. Myth: The menstrual cycle of a woman is for 28 days.
Fact: Normal cycle ranges between 21 to 36 days.
2. Myth: A woman can have pregnancy on the day one of menstrual cycle.
Fact: The released eggs remain viable for almost 12-14 hours and a woman can get pregnant after an intercourse done two days after ovulation and five days before ovulation.
3. Myth: Infertility occurs due to stress.
Fact: Ovulation can surely get delayed due to hormone suppression, but infertility does not occur due to stress.
4. Myth: Sperms stay active for few hours.
Fact: Sperms stay alive at least for five days.
5. Myth: Men with a higher sexual drive will have a normal sperm count.
Fact: There is no relation in between fertility and virility. Sometimes, it has been found that men having a higher sex drive do not produce sperms.
6. Myth: Women have to wait for three months to conceive after stopping the usage of contraceptive pills.
Fact: As soon as a woman stops pill usage, hormonal levels go back to normal condition, as a result of which ovulation begins immediately.
7. Myth: Only females have infertility troubles.
Fact: Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles as per the current scientific studies.
8. Myth: Ovulation occurs in a woman on the 14th day of menstrual cycle.
Fact: Ovulation can be calculated by counting 14 days backwards from the past menstrual cycle's last day.
9. Myth: Daily sex can increase conceiving chances.
Fact: During ovulation, having sex each day, especially in between 12 to 16th day of the cycle can be the best timing.
10. Myth: Fertility troubles occur at 35.
Fact: Peak fertility timing in a woman's life is 20 and this might continue until late 30s. Fertility troubles might even arrive at a younger age. With age, conception chances get declined, especially after 35.
While she is sleeping that time I feel so much heat in my wife body pls suggest what was the problem and also she s feet full cracked.
I took an ipill on the 25th of December and then again on the 1st of Jan. I got my period also on the 1st of Jan, and they weren't due for another 17 days as per my cycle. They started with slight bleeding and are still going on with the flow like a regular period. Is this normal?
Why do periods are irregular painful irritating, annoying and why do they come every month and y do only girls come in periods?
We are well aware that our kidneys perform one of the most important jobs for our body, they drain the waste. Yet, it remains one of the most neglected organs in a lot of cases due to our not being aware. Our kidneys also need nourishment and apart from drinking adequate water at regular intervals, following foods ensure kidney health.
1) Having Cherries - Cherries help reduce the redness & swelling. They contain a good amount of vitamins c, k & b6, folate, citrate as well as magnesium. Cherries are known to reduce uric acid levels in the body and, lowering the risk of gout attacks.
2) Eating Cranberries - There are high levels of vitamin c and manganese in cranberries. Traditionally, cranberries were used to women to cure utis. Pure cranberry juice when mixed with water reduced levels of oxalate and phosphate in the urine, thus reducing risk of kidney stone formation.
3) Consuming Cinnamon - Known for its quality to regulate glucose levels, cinnamon helps the body by offering protection from disorders in blood sugar level. Diabetes can be damaging for the kidneys, by keeping the blood sugar level constant.
4) Kidney Beans - Kidney beans are said to be effective home remedy for kidney stones and have high healing potential.
5) Using Garlic and Onion - Onions and garlic both have a powerful flavonoid called quercetin which protects smokers from kidney damage. Non-smokers get the added advantage of improved metabolism.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Hi doc. My last LMP was on 5th august 2016. And the earlier was on 15th july 2016. I took a home pregnancy test on 28th day of cycle and it came positive with one slightly faint line. I took a home pregnancy test again on 30th day of cycle but with different brand and it showed one dark c line and one t very faint line. What does it indicate? Am I am pregnant or not? I am worried because I had a miscarriage of 23 weeks fetus 6 months back.
I Am conceived and taking arip mt 5 nd qutipin, 25 And in blood test report during 12, weeks in interpretation they hav given negative risk of down syndrome 1: 26479. Screen negative downs risk in this preg. Am so much worried. Pls help me.
My girlfriend is 22 years old and she's not in her menstruation cycle from last 4 months. And she is fat also. She just tell me about all this. Please help me out for the same. Thank-you.
Sir, my last period was on 24oct. I had unprotected sex on 2oct. After taking unwanted 72 in 64 hrs on 15th day ie. On 19oct bleeding occurred. Was it my periods or withdrawal bleeding? Now 9 days passed away from my actual period date but periods haven't came yet. I got home pregnancy test result negative on 3 days before. What should I do? Help me.
We had unprotected sex on 27 December evening. But got periods on 28 December noon. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Should I need to take any contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy?
What is period. How we avoid period if we not want? Kindly tell me. Period is happening due to pregnancy. Is this right. In which age of girl. Period have take place. How care vagina at that time.
I have PCOD in both ovaries and don't want to take contraceptives. What should I do to loose weight? Help.
Can I give (I-Pill & unwanted 72) to my wife. Even she has a problem of thyroid please reply soon already 48 hrs gone. thanks waiting for your reply.
Meri gf ko 4 sep ko mc hui aur 11 ko band. 16 sep ko humne sex kiya aur 17 sep ko mene use ipill kila di. But 20 sep ko use fir mc ho gai. 28 sep tak. Uski agli date ab kab aayegi. Kya vo pregnant h.plz help me. Ager date nai aai tho kya krna chaiye please plz help me.
Now I am 8th months pregnant. At my first scanning report 8 weeks 6 days length of the cervix is 3.1 cms. What does it mean. Is their chance for normal delivery. After that I have done 2 scanning in 5th month ending and 7th month ending but in that 2scanning not mentioned about cervix length. How I will know about normal delivery or not.
Hi. I am 43 got my periods on 27th Dec and I want to prepare my periods as I'm traveling on 26th January for a week so pls suggest me a medicine and it's dosage and it's side effects Thank you.
I have pcod, I used medicines for 1 month, I got my periods regular& this month I got my periods before 1 week of the date, is that a sign of curing pcod?
The World Health Organisation defines health as "A state of physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." And, this state of physical, mental and social health is obtained when we surround ourselves with happy people who love and care for us. A sibling is one such person. Ever since our childhood, siblings are the ones we depend on. We fight them, argue with them and even torment them at times. And, with time, our love for our siblings only grows stronger.
How can your sibling help you achieve good health?
An elder or a younger sibling can help you achieve good health. How? Let's find out.
- Physical exercise is extremely important in order to maintain good health. Whether it is tennis or badminton or any other sport for that matter we need at least two people to play. These games help you keep fit. In fact, siblings can partake and compete in different activities together like running, hopping and skipping.
- The competitive approach between kids while playing helps them become more sportive and playful. It helps them treat failure or loss in a positive spirit.
- With the growing technology, the human generation is becoming lazy. And, a single child will be much more interested in staying indoors, glued to the television than go out and have fun. His physical activity is more or less suppressed. But in the company of a sibling or a friend, people tend to lean more towards going out. Hence, keeping their lifestyles healthy and fun.
- A single child will find it boring to even occupy a swimming pool or stroll down a hill for fun during holiday tours to other places. A holiday trip with a sibling makes swimming at the hotel pool, or strolling down the pathway a lot of fun. Swimming and strolling are in fact physical activities which help a person keep fit.
- Over a period of time the generation gap between the child and parent becomes so vast, that the child is not able to share emotions and feelings with the parent. This under severe circumstances leads to depression and in worst cases suicide. This is a case of mental ill health. Generation gap between siblings hardly exists and they find it a lot easier to share their emotions and private feelings with each other. They support and guide one another to boost each one's morale, and thus contribute to one another's mental wellbeing as well.
So, having a sibling may seem troublesome at times, but, it sure does have its boon!