Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neera Hari SinghaniYour feedback matters!
Hello my age is 21 height 5. 4 and weight 67. I am suffering from pcod since 5 years. And now again I did ultrasound test it shows complex cyst of 5. 4 cm on right ovary. Is this something related to ovarian cancer? I have irregular menses and strong abdominal pain I do have exercise in my daily routine but still gaining weight. And hair is much thin and short. And front forehead side I am getting bald. Because of all this I feel depressed and have stopped contacting people. I would like to get some help regarding weight loss and hair problem.
Hello dear, I am 27 year old, I have married last year, I have no any child till. My period date is 7th of month but this month periods has not come till date 27-11-15, I have checked pregnancy two times today also, pregnancy test show negative result, some one say this is happened because of harmonic disbalance, please suggest me medicine for getting period Or please tell me because of this I will face any problem in pregnancy in future.
I have fissure. Do I have to undergo surgery? Is it painful? Wats d time period required for healing post surgery?
Good morning doctor. Me and my wife had sex soon after her periods got over .not only once but twice. After few days when we did a prega news test the result came negative .and we both are very upset because we want a our own baby child. Please suggest me what can we do?
I am 18 years and my hemoglobin percentage is 8.3 before two year I had an minor breast surgery that time it was 4.8 and I had transfusion last year it was 11 and doctor said it was due to lack of iron and now before 2 days I had a test and its 8.3 is it a thing to concern. I should consult a doctor? or it will be normal if I have a good diet?
Dear Sir Is it safe to sex with other married woman without condom? She is healthy. please guide me.
HI Need to know that is vagina smell is sign of HIV. And if not then why smell come from vagina. And what all precautions should be taken to avoid vagina smell.
We are wife and husband. We got married 2 weeks ago we are mating regularly from 2 weeks. Now what should we do to not get the pregnancy.
Flatulence, loose stools
50 - 70 gm curd + 3 -5 gms Haldi/turmeric mixed it. Take it for 3 days once a day only.
My wife cycle is not regular since her first menstruation, always having tablet deviry 10mg as prescribed by physician for regular periods. We are trying for a baby since 3 year but not yet succeeded instead of consulting lots of expert. All kind of test prescribed by doctors to her/me are normal. Is it suggestive to have such tablets regularly? and please suggest what can I do for a baby?
Hello I'm 29 years old girl my problem is bleeding is continuing after my period is over daily one or two drops of blood come out also lumps (blood) please help me what should I do for my problem?
I had sex with my gf. On 9th feb. She taken unwanted 72 with in 1 hrs. Her period date was 20 feb. But she told me as she was feeling terrible pain in her stomach . And she got her period on 20 feb only for 2 days. And pain was terrible so she consulted for doctor and doctor suggested for ultrasound and she go through for test and there was stone in her stomach. So she taking treatment. But now it is 21 march but she has not got period till now. On pressing liquid is coming out from her breast, is it because of treatment of stone or she is pregnant or other thing please answer.
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with birth control pills (BCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of BCPs leads to a number of side effects.
Read on to know more
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: BCPs are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.