Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neera GuptaYour feedback matters!
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have a problem of irregular menstruation. In a year I get only 3/4 times menstruation but I don't feel any pain during menstruation time. How can I get my menstruation regular? Can you suggest me?
Is it normal to have watery discharge from both breast while squeezing then I have one 3n half year old boy prolactin test r normal.
I'm 22 year old female I have pregnancy problem and I consulted doctor, they told Harmon imbalance so what precaution is better please suggest me.
If sperm only spread on top of vagina no any ejection of penis in it. Then it can be chances of pregnancy or not? Its all first time for both n no any ejection. please suggest N its effect her periods Wht should b reason for that Without ejection pregnancy is possible if sperm spread only on that part or near about vagina please kindly suggest.
I'm a 24 years old girl. My mensuration not come yet. It already late 20 days. I test three time pregnancy usking kit. But result is negative. What should I do. Why my mensuration not come yet. Please help me.
Hey doctor. How to get rid of leucorrhea problem. Because of this problem I became skinny and my body is ache every time.
Dangers Of Teflon Cookware
Non-stick cookware has become enormously popular because of its convenience factor, and is now the most popular cookware. However, millions of people are unknowingly sacrificing their health to save a few minutes in the kitchen.
Sure it's easy to clean, affordable and incredibly popular, but this cookware is considered toxic by many experts, so this article is to help you help you pick the safest option for your family.
Teflon may be the most popular cookware sold, with some serious advantages when it comes to easy cleanup and also allowing cooks to use less oil and butter. However, it has come under fire in recent years over concerns about toxic chemical emissions, as dozens of reports and studies from both industry and outside sources. So I have talked to numerous experts and looked at the major studies conducted to find out what we should do about this issue.
A Little Background on Teflon
The chemical name for Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and it contains an entire set of fluorine-containing compounds called Fluoropolymers, (which are generally toxic) and are the reason that foods don't stick. This combination has been used commercially since the 1940s.
Another potential problem with nonstick cookware comes from a chemical used in making Teflon called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), as it has been linked to cancer in laboratory animals, and possible connections to elevated cholesterol, thyroid disease, and reduced fertility. PFOA has come under scrutiny by the EPA because the chemical has shown up in samples of people?s blood, which is concerning because PFOA lasts a long time in both people and the surrounding environment.
Depending on who you talk to, you may find that the majority of people in the know, feel that Teflon cookware is technically safe as long as it's not overheated, but when it is, the coating will begin to break down at a molecular level, that you can't see, allowing toxic & carcinogenic particles and gases to be released.
How HOT Is Too HOT?
It is said that Teflon pans start to overheat at temperatures at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and above, as smaller chemical fragments are then beginning to be released, and DuPont, inventor and manufacturer of Teflon, Kurunthachalam Kannan, Ph.D, agrees that 260�C is the recommended maximum temp for cooking with these items. However, other findings show that the coating begins to break down and release toxins into the air at only 230�C. The next question is how fast will a nonstick pan reach 230 - 260 �C? What was found is that it only takes 2-5 minutes to hit these temps, and for non-stick cookware to emit at least six toxic gases.
During some nonstick cookware lab tests, the results were surprising when showing how quickly some pans got too hot, and at very high temperatures. At 348.8�C and above, these pans can significantly decompose, emitting fumes strong enough to cause "polymer-fume fever, a temporary flu-like condition marked by chills, headache, and fever. These fumes won't kill you, but they can kill pet birds, whose respiratory systems are more fragile. After about three to five minutes of heating, when the pans reach 360�C, they release at least six toxic gasses, including:
Two global pollutants
MFA, a chemical deadly to humans at low doses
The manufacturer of the leading non-stick cookware brand, claims that the coating does not cause a problem under ?normal use.? with significant decomposition of the coating only occuring only when temperatures exceed 348.8�C, and say that these temperatures are well above the normal cooking range. However, results from a study conducted by a university food safety professor that found a generic non-stick frying pan reached 391.1�C in three minutes and 20 seconds when heated on a conventional, electric stovetop burner. And the temperatures continued to rise after the test was stopped. The leading non-stick cookware rose to 382�C in five minutes under the same conditions, and if you heat non-stick cookware to 537.7�C, the coatings will break down into a chemical warfare agent known as PFIB, that is a chemical analog of the WWII nerve gas phosgene. So your best friend in the kitchen may actually be your family's worst health enemy.
Dr.VARINDER SINGH CHANDHOK
I am 14 weeks pregnant. My report as per urine analysis shows: Appearance: Slightly Turbid Color: Pale Yellow Reaction: Acidic Albumin: Faint Trace Sugar: Nil Bile Pigment: Negative Bile Salt: Negative Also I have a little irritation at vagina Doctor May I know is there any problems with the result? Is it normal/Complicated? May I know please. Urgently.
I had unprotected sex just 2 days before my periods and I took ipill on the same day of having unprotected sex. Nw it is already 3 days of my actual periods day. I am very much tensed how would I get my periods back and how long it will take to get back.
Hi, I am Dr Sowmya Nair and I am an Ayurvedic physician with more than 13 years of experience in Ayurvedic treatments. I am specialised in Ayurvedic therapies. So, today I am going to speak about Panchakarma therapies.
In Ayurveda, Ayur means "life" and veda means "science". IN Ayurveda, we are treating patients according to the doshas i.e. vaat, pitt and cough. If a person has any imbalance between the vaat, pitt and cough then they will suffer from diseases. In order to balance the doshas, we are doing Panchaklarma therapies.
Panchakarma means 5 karmas. It is the main treatment in Ayurveda. Panch means "five" and karma means "treatment". There are
- Rakta moksha
These are the main treatments in Ayurveda. With these therapies, our body will be healthy and it helps in maintaining all the doshas- vaat, pitt and cough.
- For problems like- sinusitis, chronic sinusitis, psoriasis, we do Vamana therapy.
- Virechana is a loose motion therapy. In the pitta problems also we do Virechana therapy.
- Nasya is the main treatment for the sinusitis, allergic rhinitis related problems.
- Basti is the main treatment. It cures all the vada related diseases. LIfestyle diseases liek spondylitis, cervical spondylitis, lumbar spondylitis, slip disc cases, multiple psoriasis. In this, we are giving medicated decoction and medicated oil through anal route.
- The last is the Rakta moksha. It is a blood ducting. It is a Kerala therapy and it is a Leech therapy. Leech therapy is very good for all pitt dosh related problem and skin related problems.
Nowadays the slip disc and osteoarthritis are very common. In osteoarthritis, there is degenerative changes in bones. If it affects your neck, it is called cervical spondylitis. If it affects your back, it is called Lumbar spondylitis. If it affects your knees, it is called ankylosing spondylitis. Osteoarthritis of knees are very common now a days.
How to prevent Osteoarthritis of knees?
- Maintain your diet. Avoid eating junk food and oily food in order to maintain your body weight.
- Do regular exercises. Do walk and yoga asanas to help preventing Osteoarthritis.
- Maintain the right postures.
If slip disc affect the neck, you will have pain and numbness. If it affects the cervical, you will get cervical pain, neck stiffness, neck pain. If it affects the Lumbar region, then you will have difficulty in movements and pain in both the legs. For such problems, we have excellent treatment in Ayurveda.
In Osteoarthritis problems, we are doing janu basti, janu pichu, abhyangam, elakiri, podikizhi. All these treatments are very good to cure Osteoarthritis.
If it is cervical disc related problem, then we give greeva basti, greeva picchu, nasyam are very good for this problem.
We treat Lumbar disc related problem with Kadi basti, kadi picchu, abhyangam.
These are the main treatments for all the diseases.
For more information, you can contact me through Lybrate.