Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neera Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neera GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a working women. I have a 2 months child. I need to store my breast milk for my kid. How long can I store the milk in the fridge?
Hi ,i am 37 years old, yesterday my pregnancy was conformed, what care should I take. And I have wait sensation.Please tell.
I married last 3.5 yrs. I have pcos (irregular period) problem. I try to conceive last 2 yrs. Old suggest some ayurvedic medicine.
I had aborted thrice before using pills. Now again I am pregnant even after taking precautions. I want to abort now. Will it be safe for 4th time using pills. Can I have my baby afterwards? I am very much tensed.
I had sex with my girlfriend without protection and she checked that she is pregnant. We had sex on Jan 25th 2016. Please suggest us something we don't want baby now. What we can do?
I am 25 years old not married .I have skin problem like pimples so I consult skin specialist she done blood tests and given aldactone and isotroin tablets since 6 months I am using that tablets from last 3 months I am facing one problem that is brown spotting in mid cycle exactly 14 days of after periods .what it causes. I don't have any pcod problems. I never facing any periods problems. And that spotting is no bad smell and no itching feeling .and I just have board line thyroid but that is with in limits now. I am using thyronorm 25 MCG.
My wife is 32 years old and had an abortion after 3 month pregnancy due to the abnormality found in baby during NTNB scan level 1 i.e. Nuchal Trans. Please suggest the way forward.
My friend is suffering from frequent urination. This problem is started from December 2015 she consulted a doctor he has taken urine test in which there is infection in urine. So he gave medicines for 15 days after 15 days everything becomes normal but after a month this started again she used to go washroom frequently after 10 min and only very little urine come sometimes she can't control toilet she has to rush to the washroom very fast. She also feel pain in vagina during urination. Then again she tested again infection came she again taken medicines. Then everything becomes normal. But. This problem takes place some time after 10 days or 15. I don't know what is happening to her. Sometime it happens when she is empty stomach. After having some food she feels good. N she also do dieting. Sometimes she skip meals. N only takes veggies and pulses. No chapatis no rice. So is this problem is due to skipping meals. Also she do not drink milk from 8 year. So can you please tell what is the exact problem?
I am 19 years old. From my 15 years old am eating tablet for stomach pain on periods first day. All are says to me it is very bad for my health. It causes do not get pregnant. On periods first day I have very stomach pain and vomiting. So that time I eating tablet for reducing pain. Tablet name is" meftal spas" It is correct or wrong? Any difficulty for getting pregnant?
Hello I am diagnosed with pcod and wants to conceive so suggest me how and also suggest me the diet plan to control my weight.
Sir I am 22 years female and my boyfriend did intercourse without penetration. He ejaculated at my mouth. And then he fingered my near clitoris only. He didn't go deep inside. But now it's 11 days I missed my period. Can I get pregnant without penetration?
My father is suffering from cystitis with hematuria, since 3 months. His ct scan report is as follows- 7 mm calculus is seen at rt Vesuvius- ureteric in bulging in the bladder lumen. It is persistent at its rt Vesuvius- ureteric jn even in prone position. No proximal hydronephrosis or hydroureter is seen. He was in LVF & had an acute coronary syndrome 3 months back. No coronary angiogram was done. He had also suffered a pulmonary emboli in July 2016. At present he is on following meds-flavedon mr, monotrate 30, lasix 40 mg, 1/4 tab, cardivas6. 25 mg & clopilet7 mg. For his UTI he has taken fosfomycin 3 mg & Zifi-cv (200) mg. Kindly advise if we can consecutively treat him for his calculus as we are against surgery considering his cardiac status & age.
I am doing sex with my partner from 4 days of his period till 16 days of his period is there any possible to become pregnant.
I had an intercourse with my guy on Oct 16 and the very next day within 24 hours I had a contraceptive because I felt he has ejaculated in me. My period due date was on 1st-3rd of November but I haven't got it yet. I've had no bleeding symptoms with the pill either. Why is there a delay. If it does. How long can it delay maximum. And is there any chance of pregnancy.
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I got my last period on 24th nov after that I had unprotected intercourse from 6th dec to 8th dec and I had taken unwanted 72 pill on 9th dec. Still I didn't get my period which was supposed to be on 22nd dec. I am married and has a 2 years kid. And also I am breastfeeding him. And now if I am pregnant, I want to continue this pregnancy. So I wanna know is there any side effect of the pill to my fetus.
Hello Dr, I have "pimple in my vagina" its my problem so what can I do please help me And give some medicine name.
Im married 7 months back I have an irregular period if I participate in sex with my husband for the first tym will I bleed heavily?
Lovemaking is an essential aspect of any healthy relationship yet some couples are not aware of how the bodies change during the intercourse. While making love, a woman’s body goes through four different stages that trace the evolution of her sexual desire. Each stage has its own characteristics of specific physical responses and the woman’s breasts play a vital role in making the experience a pleasing one.
1. The excitement phase: This is the first stage of having sex where the mutual stimulation prepares the vagina. The first sign of sexual arousal is experiencing a vaginal lubrication that typically happens within 10 to 30 seconds of the stimulation. As the excitement builds up, the amount of fluid increases and the nipples also become erect. This happens mainly due to the contractions in small muscle fibres that respond to the sexual arousal.
2. The plateau phase: This is when the sexual stimulation is even more intense and the orgasm is just about to occur. The opening of the vagina narrows by about 30 percent for gripping the male genitals. Sometimes the colour of the inner vaginal lips also changes from pink to bright red. And the whole body reacts to the sexual arousal, and about 50- 75 percent of women across the world experience red spots resembling measles in and around the breasts, face, neck and buttocks. This is called as sex flush.
3. Orgasm: This is the juncture when the female body reaches the throes of the sexual pleasure and is immediately followed by relaxation. The breasts can swell by up to 25 percent at this stage. This makes the breasts ultra-sensitive and much larger than their original size. The nipple stimulation leads to the activation of same areas of the brain like the vaginal, cervical and clitoral stimulation. And the nipples turn from a pale to a deeper hue with the increase in the blood flow during the arousal.
4. Resolution phase: At this stage, the rate of blood pressure as well as heart rate fall as the woman calms down at this stage. But if sexual stimulation continues, then the resolution phase would span a very short time and the woman is likely to go back to the first three stages for further orgasms that lead to temporary enlargement of breasts.
Thus there is nothing to be worried about if you experience swelling of breasts when you are sexually aroused. However, if you feel that your breasts have become tender or causing any sort of abnormalities, then you must speak with a sexologist without further delay.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.