Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neera GuptaYour feedback matters!
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Muje pcod ki problem h. Im 27 year unmarried girl. Aur muje 1 mnth se continuously periods aa rhe. continuously bleeding. Muje meri doc ne ginette 35 prescribed ki h. Is it safe?
Hlo I do sex with my husband after 7 days of menopause now after 12 days of menopause. Bleeding start in little bit. Pls tell by I qm pregnant or not if I am then pls tell me medicine to avoid pregnancy. Thankyou.
I find difficult in intercourse. So if I masturbate n spill on d outer opening of vagina, are there chances of my wife getting pregnant?
Hi doctor. My age is 20. And am physically involved with by boyfriends. I have no problem. is it right for my future health or not?
Can pregnant can have a periods like normal days cause one of my friend had sex whit is partner nw the stomach is increasing day by day bt she s having periods from past 2 months.
My sister , she is going for a holiday trip and she have her periods date in that duration. She want to stop her period for that time. She want to delay her date of periods. So what medicine she will take for this?
I am in relationship with my girlfriend we r unmarried couples, I wanted to know best birth control methods other than condom, or pills I tried to use condoms but its not so comfortable with me pls let me know the best alternatives.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Other lifestyle related reasons could be excessive alcohol consumption, aging, diabetes, obesity, high pressure and as a side effect of radiation therapy or other medications.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others.