Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam SehgalYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 19 April but then I got my periods on 20 April and on 9 May I had unsafe sex now I'm having minor backaches though I had ipill within few hours. Am I pregnant?
While fucking my girlfriend my condom was torn and sperms has gone inside her vagina and I have done sex with her many times without using condom will she be pregnant and if she will so which medicines will help her out.
I have leukorrhea problem till 5 year I have consult many doctors for this but no positive result are shown The abnormal discharge is pale yellow heavy and smell very much I have also back pain and the cervix part is itches very much I feel very weak I have also problem to normal breath What should I do.
I'm entering into my 9th month of pregnancy and I'm getting frequent pain in my stomach like it's pulling badly kind of pain. Is this early stage of delivery. Kindly help me out.
I got my period last month (on 10 Feb). Then had unprotected sex on 13th Feb. Now I missed my periods. I tested through pregnancy test kit, result is negative. Can I take regestrone to get on my periods. Periods r delayed 10 days already.
Hi, Last month humne baby ke liye plan kiya tha but main concieve nahi kar payi. Mere periods bhi irregular ha last month date of my period is 17 march 2016 or 10 april 2016 ko muje periods aa gye. Mujhe kya karna chahiye please help. Conceive na karne ka kya reason ho sakta hai.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.