Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveen
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
Spondylosis is a disease of the bone which involves wear and tear of the discs. The latter is the cushion between the joints of the neck and the neck bone. While it is mostly observed in aged people, it is not too uncommon among the youth as well. It can present with symptoms such as numbness, neck pain, headache, stiffness near the shoulder area etc. Ayurvedic treatment has been extremely promising in treating both cervical and lumbar spondylosis.
- The food connection: Ayurveda states that there is a close connection between Spondylosis and food. In Ayurvedic terms, an increase of Vata Dosha can lead to the problem of Spondylosis. For instance, consumption of frozen or processed food, sodas, junk food, low consumption of water, excess consumption of curried food heighten the chances of Spondylosis.
- Habits matter: As per the books of the Ayurveda, a reckless lifestyle increases the chances of Spondylosis. Habits such as day sleep, regular walking for a long distance, urging the suppression, rigorous exercise daily, work that involves bearing of weight on the neck, head and shoulder, night awakening etc. can wreak havoc and result in Spondylosis. On the other hand, healthy lifestyle changes can help a person refrain from this condition.
- Psychological Factors: Ayurveda states that even psychological factors can go a long way in making a person suffer from Spondylosis. Certain factors such as excess stress, loss of interest in day to day work, fear of failure, feeling of frustration, too much anger, grief resulting from personal loss etc. play a major role in Spondylosis.
Visible Symptoms of Spondylosis:
Some medical symptoms that can be easily identified as the signs of Spondylosis include fatigue, pain in the arm, shoulder and forearm, difficulty in functions pertaining to neck rotation, extension, joint stiffness, muscular spasm, headache, weakness in the arm, difficulty in movement, difficulty in muscle coordination etc.
Some ayurvedic treatments to deal with Spondylosis
- Mild Purgation- When milk, castor oil and Aragwadha phala majja are mixed together and applied to the neck area, the pain can be curtailed and gradual improvement is seen in a Spondylosis patient.
- Greeva Basti- A compound created with Bala Ashwagandhadi oil, Medicated oil and black gram paste is applied on the affected area. Regular application of this can regenerate the muscle bone and reverse Spondylosis to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Spondylosis
Some ayurvedic herbs are known to be extremely beneficial for treating Spondylosis. When these are consumed or applied on the affected area, they can fetch surprising result for a Spondylosis patient. Some of these herbs include Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sida cardifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Shallaki (Boswelia serrata), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Castor root (Ricinus communis) etc.
I am a male of 20 eyers I play cricket for Karnataka state. After bowling 1 overs I face problems in waist and thighs joint what we usually call a grains problem wat shall I do to correct it.
I have pain in joints specially in morning. Presently I am 18 years old. Is this symptoms of arthritis?
Suffering from too much knee pain boyh doctors said cartilage is torn take regular pain killers but still no relief also dine physiotherapy for 2 months after that pain as it is alsompatient of hypothyroidism pls help me my pain is getting worse.
Sir I have a elbow problem. And I want a treatment for my elbow. Sir can you solve my elbow problem. Please suggest me something for that.
Dr. My son aged 24 yr. Old having pain in right feet. Digonesd slightly high uric acid. He has pinching pain.(No injuries. Pl suggest some medicine.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.