Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain. during the work my back pain always occur. I am very trouble for it so please give me any advise or therapy to solve this problem.
Hello dear Sir / Mam There is a RTA pts with brachial Plexus Injury he is having severe Pain from Shoulder to forearms so kindly Suggest the suitable Neurologist or other solutions to reduced the Pain Levels of the client. Thank You so Much.
I m having a back pain problem from near about 1.5-2years. No medicine is helping me to cure it. Suggest me.
I am 18 year old male and have backache for last 2 months I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but have got any relief what should I do now.
Hello Doctor, Does cervical spondylitis pain spread to front shoulder and upper chest also Does physiotherapy help in this.
I am 30 years old weighing 74 kgs, since last 10-20 days I have mild pain on both my flanks, please help me?
I am 22 years old male I have pain in backbone from last 4 months I have take medicine in that during I feel relief after stop medicine pain is continue. The pain is start after turn around 120 why should I do?
I am 45 years old and suffering from neck pain.I am a professor in mathematics please suggest me a medicine.
Hi doctor, i' m 34 yrs old. I have problem in my knee, without kneepad .I'm not able to walk fast. Please doctor tell me what should I do?
I was suffering from chickengunia but now I am cured from it but I am still getting pain in my joints so what should I do get relief from pain?
I am 25 years old female since I got married I am suffering from vaginal infection stomach ache. Backache and legs ache . I am not able to conceive also it as been since one years please help I also got operated taller bladder stone also. Please help in conceive my husband family is forcing me please help.
Respected doctors, I have a problem. My age is 22. My right knee sometimes pain little bit. A crushing sound comes from it when I move it. But shocking thing is im just 22 college going boy. Plss tell me some effective home remedy solutions.
The human body is able to move fluidly because there are various joints, muscles, tendons and cartilages that work together to make this happen. Movements of the hands, legs, back, hips, knees and wrists are controlled this way. For various reasons, however, these tissues grow stiff, thereby, reducing free movement. Any movement causes pain and stiffness and swelling of the joints, which forces the patient to reduce physical activity. This reduced activity further leads to the joints becoming stiff, thus putting the patient in a difficult position.
What causes it?
The ends of the bone are covered by softer tissue called cartilage, which is responsible for allowing the free movement. In patients with osteoarthritis, this cartilage is lost and the bones rub against each other, producing pain and a crackling sound with the movement. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Age is the most common cause for osteoarthritis, with lifestyle habits playing a major role in this condition. Most joints would be affected here.
- Obesity is another major cause for osteoarthritis, as the additional weight of the person puts extra pressure on the knees and the legs, leading to the wearing of the joints. The back and lower extremities are more affected than the hands in this case.
- Joint injuries are another common cause for osteoarthritis, which is more localised to the area of injury.
What are the signs and symptoms?
As noted already, painful movement is the most common symptom of osteoarthritis. There could also be swelling and redness around the affected joint(s).
Diagnosis: The doctor will usually be able to identify osteoarthritis after an examination, but in some cases, an X-ray or MRI may be required to confirm the diagnosis.
The treatment for osteoarthritis is multipronged.
- For immediate relief of the pain, non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. In cases of localised symptoms, even topical creams or gels may be used.
- Weight loss is extremely essential, if there is obesity that is causing the osteoarthritis.
- Vitamins and supplements in good amounts can improve bone health and help in preventing and reversing the damage in some patients.
- Heat therapy has proven to be quite useful in many cases to provide temporary relief
- As much as the movement of the joints is painful for the patient, it is only with regular exercise that the joints can be made more flexible and mobile.
- The affected joints need to be specially cared for by avoiding injury and reducing unnecessary movements.
- Role of physiotherapy in the management of OA - Strengthening exercises, Taping, Manual therapy, Education/lifestyle changes, Modalities, Agility and perturbation training.
- The definitive therapy of OA is joint replacement (total/partial knee/hip joint replacement).
In addition, support groups and counselling may also help significantly in patients who find their quality of life being reduced due to this condition. Remember, not all is lost with osteoarthritis. It is definitely possible to get your life back to its earlier days when you were able to move about freely.