Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naseer
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NaseerYour feedback matters!
Back pain is generally associated with problems related to bones at the back. The bones forming the back is known as vertebrae that form the human spine. The disc between the vertebrae absorbs shocks and allow spine flexibility. With advanced age and increasing wear and tear, the discs tend to become dry and break. The degeneration of the discs can lead to compressing of the nerve originating from the spinal cord. While disc prolapse can affect any part of the spine, the ones that are most vulnerable include lumbar disc and the cervical disc.
Common symptoms of this condition include lower back ache, sciatica etc. The pain from the back can get transported to arms, neck, leg etc. The homeopathic mode of treatment can be extremely beneficial for fixing disc prolapse. Since there are no side effects of homeopathy, this is the perfect choice for many patients.
Some typical symptoms that homeopathy can address:
Some of the typical symptoms that homeopathy can address include the following:
- A person suffering from lower back pain that increases while sitting but normalizes while in motion.
- The back pain increases while lifting weight.
- Stiffness is experienced around the lower back area.
- A person finding difficulty in bending the body.
- Increased thrust for water resulting in a more than required consumption of water.
- Dull pain in the lower back area leading to numbness.
- Sharp pain while getting up from a sitting position.
What are the possible causes of this condition?
There is no single reason for disc prolapse. It can occur due to wear and tear of the vertebrae, a nasty accident, aging, water limitation in the disc, weight lifting, prolonged wear and tear of the disc etc. The lumbar is the most vulnerable area that gets affected because of disc prolapse.
Advantages of homeopathic treatment
- The biggest advantage is the fact that there are no side effects of this mode of treatment.
- Homeopathy can repair the lumbar area from advanced level degradation.
- Homeopathy can treat the most stubborn disc prolapse irrespective of the condition.
- Chronic back pain can be treated with homeopathy better than any form of medicines.
What are the few important medicines of homeopathy to treat this condition?
- Rhus tox is prescribed to those patients who suffer from back ache or disc prolapse but get relief while in motion.
- Bryonia is referred to those patients whose pain gets normalized after sitting.
- Colocynth and Magnesium Phos are given to those who suffer from bulging of the disc leading to sciatica.
- Gnaphalium is referred to those patients who suffer from sciatica along with numbness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I'm having pain in my hips extending to my left knee and also a little bit in my left bladder/bottom left testicle.
Gone are the days when back pain affected a person only in their old age. Nowadays, almost every second person suffers from some kind of a backache. From sedentary lifestyle to certain diseases and ailments, the back pain can result from the amalgamation of various factors, making the condition painful (mild to chronic) and uncomfortable to the hilt. In this article, we will mainly stress upon the factors responsible for a back pain.
Underlying factors that often triggers a back pain
More than often, prolonged and chronic back pain interferes with the daily activities of a person, thereby jeopardizing their lives. For a proper treatment and management, one should first identify the factors responsible for the back pain. Some of the common and critical triggers include
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a neurological disorder whereby an inflammation or injury of the sciatic nerve (considered the largest nerve in the body) triggers numbness and a shooting pain that moves downwards, often from the lower back (the lumbar region) through the buttocks and hips into the back of one leg. Sometimes, a person may experience a pain down both the legs.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine: This is a painful degenerative disorder of the spine that mainly affects the neck and the lower back. Here, the cartilage of the discs and joints (lower back and neck) are damaged causing pain and weakness. In some people, the pain is so severe that it limits their motion to a great extent.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Stenosis of the lumbar spine results in severe back pain, especially in the lower half (lumbar area), triggered by narrowing down of the spinal canal.
- Osteoporosis of the spine: This is a bone disorder where the bones become so porous, thin and weak that they start to crack and break (including those of the spine), a condition known as vertebral compression fractures. These fractures are a common cause of weakness and back pain.
- Shingles: This is a viral infection (varicella-zoster virus) characterized by the appearance of a rash which is often painful. Shingles can occur in any part of the body including the spine. The viral infection in the spine is what triggers the back pain.
- Spinal Cancer, muscle spasm or ligament tear and strain on the back can give rise to back pain.
- Back pain can also be an outcome of rupture or disorder of the discs that act as a defensive shield between the spinal vertebrae.
- Leading a sedentary life can be dangerous, often causing back pain.
- People who are overweight or obese (especially the lower half) are known to suffer from a back pain.
- In many people, rigorous exercise and physical activities can be a major contributing factor, triggering a back pain.
- Women who wear high heels are more susceptible to developing a back pain.
- In addition to these, bad posture, stress, a poor quality mattress can equally contribute to back pain.
- Do not neglect the condition if the pain persists for more than a week. Get medical assistance to avoid further deterioration and complication.
Ageing is a process which is not always kind to people. One of the things which occurs along with ageing is cervical spondylosis, which causes extreme pain and stiffness of muscles. Although it may be an excruciating thing to have, it really does not mean that it cannot be treated, especially with herbal medicine.
In a lot of cases, cervical spondylosis (sometimes referred to as neck arthritis or cervical osteoarthritis) ends up being related to a neck injury that was suffered by a person and it gets progressively worse as he or she gets older. It is a condition in which there is a degradation of the joints of either two or more vertebrae.
To say that herbal remedies can go a long way when it comes to an issue such as cervical spondylosis is an understatement. Take a look at Ayurveda, the ancient, yet super effective body of medicine.
- Triphla: To start with, there is triphala, which is a herb. Take triphala powder, mix it in a glass of milk and have it. Do ensure that the milk is warm as triphala may not have its intended effect, if the case is otherwise.
- Gugglu: Simbananda Guggulu, which is the resin extract of the Guggulu plant, is considered an effective medicine.
- Aloe vera: Aloe Vera or Kumari Saar, as referred to in the Ayurvedic terms, is known to be a wonder plant and there is a good set of reasons as to why it has earned this reputation for itself. One of the reasons is surely the potential of its juice to help with treating cervical spondylosis.
Ayurveda requires general changes in a person’s diet and the way he or she lives life, as well. For this reason, when a person is looking to get rid of cervical spondylosis, it is important to stay away from eating fried food or food that is either sour or bitter. Relief from cervical spondylosis can be as easy as popping a medicine in capsule form a few times a day!
Make sure you visit a qualified doctor before you consume any of these medicines. It is to be kept in mind that a doctor should prescribe the dosage of medicines and the duration of the treatment for cervical spondylosis and only after this is done should you undergo the treatment. Soon you can look forward to living a higher quality of life with lesser pain.
Ayurveda provides permanent cure for this ailment. The treatment includes external therapies like greeva basti, abhyangam, kizhi etc. Along with some therapeutic diet and regimen and internal medication. Therefore, cervical spondylitis is completely curable with ayurveda.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.