Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NanditaYour feedback matters!
Sir I had married last week and my wife don't want to be pregnancy for 2 years. Is there any way without medicine and which is the best days for safe sex?
I have pain in my lower abdomen often. During periods the pain is unbearable and the flow is heavy. This is since my delivery which was cesarean in the year 2006.
I have an problem of cyst on my ovaries so I had to ask that this is some critical problem And it is yes then what are the measure to solve it with out operation Because I had 2 operations before and the recent one was before 5 month Sooo plzzz help me.
Gm. I took 2 period postponing tablets 3 days ago, one saturday night and the other on sunday morning and still no periods. Am worried about this. Is there any problem that I should face in future or now?
Hi sir/madam by the grace of Almighty god my wife got pregnancy and it's her 1st month and my job is in Dubai I have to move so I wanna ask if I do not intercourse will the pregnancy be there for the rest of the months thanks.
HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
CHANGING TO A HEALTHIER lifestyle will improve your chances of living longer and enhance your quality of life. To find out exactly how healthy your current lifestyle choices about diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking, and stress.
Identify those aspects of your life that you want to change, then set yourself realistic targets to help boost your future health and wellbeing. To help your achieve your personal targets, turn to the pages listed where more detailed information and advices on that particular issue is provided.
ARE YOU EATING A HEALTHY DIET?
- Do you eat a lot of processed, convenience foods?
- Do you treat yourself to sweet snacks such as chocolate or cookies?.
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you eat late-night snacks?
- Do you go on diets, then gain the weight back in a few weeks?
- Do you usually choose white bread and pasta instead of the whole wheat varieties?
- Do you eat in restaurants more than three times a week?
- Do you need to take mutrient supplements?
- Do you often eat on the run?
Lastly Opt Homoeopathy for your family health......
Future Scope Of Homoeopathy
It will be the second most sought after system , second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics , in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs , for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases , it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases , it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more .And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk . Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis –Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis ,glaucoma ,recurrent stye or hordeolum. etc
Allergic rhinitis ,recurrent tonsillitis ,pharyngitis, epistaxis,adenoiditis,chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear ,sinusitis ,nasal polyp,laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders,infertility, and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes,night sweats, headaches,fatigue,anxiety and depression . Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception,reduce morning sickness,remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia ,Mania , Depression , Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety , Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders ,Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia ,Social phobias ,Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism , diabetes and adrenal problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE ENOUGH?
- Can you climb three flights of stairs without becoming breathless and exhausted?
- Do you sometimes walk or cycle instead of driving or talking the bus or train?
- Do you exercise three times a week?
- When exercising do you always warm up properly?
- Do you wear all the necessary safety equipment when exercising or playing a sport?
If you answered No to the first there questions, you are out of shape. To keep fit, you should exercise vigorously for 20 minutes, three times a week . it is easy to start. Answering No to the last two questions means you are not exercising safely and could injure yourself. Learn to exercise safely.
ARE YOU ABUSING YOUR BODY?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke cigars or a pipe?
- Have you tried to stop smoking and failed?
- Do you regularly drink more than the recommended limits for alcohol intake?
- Do you drink when you are alone?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happened the night before when you have been out drinking?
If you answered YES to the first two questions you should stop smoking. If your answered YES to any of the last three questions, you need to cut down on your drinking.
ARE U UNDER STRESS?
- Do you feel that your never have enough time to do all the things you have to do?
- Is your home life a source of stress and conflict?
- Is your job highly stressful?
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may not be dealing with stress very well. Find out how to cope with stress better, see if you have any of the early signs of too much stress, discover how stress can make you ill, and learn what to do if stress is making you anxious or depressed.
A brain stroke can affect anyone at any point of time when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted. It can threaten major physical functions and can prove to be fatally dangerous at times. The brain stem which is placed right above the spinal cord controls the breathing, heartbeat and levels of blood pressure. It is also in charge of controlling some elementary functions such as swallowing, hearing, speech and eye movements
What are the different types of strokes?
There are three main kinds of stroke: ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attacks. The The most common type of brain stroke is the ischemic stroke is caused by narrowing or blocking of arteries to the brain, which prevents the proper supplyof of blood to the brain. Sometimes it so happens that the blood clot that has formed elsewhere in the body have travelled via the blood vessels and has been trapped in the blood vessel which provides blood to the brain. When the supply of blood to a part of the brain is hindered, the tissue in that area dies off owing to lack of oxygen. The other variant of brain stroke is termed as hemorrhagic stroke is caused when the blood vessels in and around the brain burstor or leak. Strokes need to be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible in order to minimize brain damage.
What are the common symptoms of a brain stroke?
The symptoms of the brain stroke are largely dependent on the area of the brain that has been affected. It can interfere with normal functioning, such as breathing and talking and other functions which human beings can perform without thinking such as eye movements or swallowing. Since all the signals from the brain as well as other parts of the body traverse through the brain stem, the interruption of blood flow often leads to numbness or paralysis in different parts of the body.
Who is likely to have a stroke?
Anyone is at a risk of developing brain stroke although ageing is directly proportional to the risk of having a stroke. Not only that an individual with a family history of brain stroke or transient ischemic attack is at a higher risk of developing stroke. People who have aged over 65 accounts for about 33 percent of all brain strokes. It is important to point here that individuals with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, cholesterol, cancer, autoimmune diseases and some blood disorders are at a higher risk of developing brain stroke.
There are a few factors which can increase the risk of developing stroke beyond any control. But there are certain lifestyle choices as well which aids in controlling the chances of being affected by stroke. It is crucial to refrain from long-term hormone replacement therapies as well as birth control pills, smoking, lack of physical activity, excessive use of alcohol and drug addiction. A brain stroke is a life-threatening medical condition, and when an individual has symptoms that resemble that of stroke, it is crucial to seek immediate medical help.
Treatment for stroke:
- Treatment depends on the type of stroke.
- Ischemic strokes can be treated with 'clot-busting' drugs.
- Hemorrhagic strokes can be treated with surgery to repair or block blood vessel weaknesses.
- The most effective way to prevent strokes is through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What is TPA?
TPA is a thrombolytic or a “Clot Buster” drug. This clot buster is used to break-up the clot that is causing a blockage or disruption in the flow of blood to the brain and helps restore the blood flow to the area of the brain. It is given by intravenous (IV). This can be given only within 45.5 hrs of the onset of symptoms
Time is brain
Remember Every second Loss means brain cells die.
Rush to the nearest Stroke Centre whenever you experience such symptoms.
You can save the brain cells dying if you reach within 45.5 hrs by the CLOT BUSTER.
Another treatment option is an endovascular procedure called mechanical thrombectomy, strongly recommended, in whichtrained trained doctors try removing a large blood clot bysending sending a wired-caged device called a stent retriever, to the site of the blocked blood vessel in the brain
The good news is that 80 percent of all strokes are preventable. It startswith with managing keyrisk risk factors, including
- High blood pressure,
- Cigarette smoking,
- Diabetes Atrial fibrillation and
- Physical inactivity.
More than half of all strokes are caused by uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure, making it the most important risk factor to control.
The best way to get better after a stroke is to start stroke rehabilitation ("rehab"). In stroke rehab, a team of health professionals works with you to regain skills you lost as the result of a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist. Homoeopathic Remedies which may be helpful during stroke or after stroke: Creategus, Terminalia Arjuna, Arnica, Glonoine, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Lachesis, Opium, Staphysagria, Gelsemium, Phosphorous etc.
Note : Do not take any Homoeopathic medicine without consulting any Homoeopath.
From last two months my periods r missing. Pregnancy test is negative. Right now I am feeling that may b periods will start. But I want to delay it for some family reasons. Can I take tablets to delay the periods .will it work or not. please let me know. My age is 41 yrs.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.