Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi, I am male 29 years old My wife's water broke on 01/08/2016. We did scanning on 03/08/2016. The doctor told that labor will start soon. The water was blowing every day. We waited till 10/08/2016. A slight pain started in her back on 11/08/2016. We rushed to hospital. After 3 hours we had a still born baby. He was our first baby, a boy. We are very upset. The weight of the child was 3.5 kg. We want to know the reason of death of my baby.
Winter is the time when people cherish food for several reasons, be it the seasonal availability of certain food items and their unique flavor, color, taste, etc. Also, during winters we need to add food that warm us and helps to build immunity to fight against common cold, cough and flu.
This season brings with it hearty winter greens like palak, methi, sarson, muli and high energy and protein grains like Bajra and makki which are loaded with warmth giving quality.
All this calls for higher intake of food leading to more calorie intake than usual. Here are some winter foods with high nutritional value coming in a low calorie package.
1. Methi leaves: In winters, methi leaves are available in abundance and are fresh. It is an excellent source of folate, vitamin A, B6, C, and K. It is excellent in boosting immunity during the winter months. Methi instantly increases body heat which is perfect for cold days. Methi also helps in lowering the cholesterol and control diabetes. It can be consumed in many ways either make a parantha out of it or a subzi, its goodness remains there.
2. Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits especially orange and grapefruit are at their juiciest in the wintertime. Loaded with vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also rich in flavonoids, which are known to boost ‘good’ HDL cholesterol and lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Carrot: It is the “powerfood” of winters, packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, K, and B8, beta carotene, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. Good for vision as it is a good source of vitamin A. Pectin present in it lowers the cholesterol levels. Carrots are known to possess anti cancer properties. Try to have a glass of carrot juice daily.
4. Hot soups: Nothing is better than a bowl of hot soup during chilly winters. Less in calories, higher in nutrients, satisfies the taste buds, provides heat to your body. What else can be a better appetizer than even a simple tomato soup or chicken soup.
5. Ginger: Ginger acts as an antioxidant. It makes your immune system strong. It is an excellent remedy against cold and flu especially when taken with honey. It boosts the metabolism and keeps the body warm. A hot cup of ginger tea is the best way to protect from winter chills.
Let’s gives this winter a healthy break by adding above mentioned foods in our diet
While period problem suffering from one sided strongly headache every month. I had completed medical course of three month but once I stop it again facing the same problem, feeling very week, body pain n tiredness. Kindly suggest me best of the medicine on this.
A widely used surgical procedure, laparoscopy involves the insertion of certain surgical instruments, small tubes and video cameras in your abdomen through small incisions and cuts. This procedure is used to diagnose a number of ailments such as ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and pelvic inflammatory diseases to name a few. Even though laparoscopy is a very popular form of surgery, there are quite a few myths associated with it, which are:
1. Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality
This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
2. Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy
The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
3. Myth: If you have large fibroids and ovarian cysts, you can't have them removed through a laparoscopy
False. Even though the incisions made by a laparoscopy are really small, they still allow the safe removal of large abdominal structures by the use of certain devices. For example, a cylindrical tool known as morcellator can be inserted through a laparoscopic incision and be used to remove large fibroids and ovarian cysts.
4. Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy
No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made.
I'm a 21 years old girl have been missing period since last two months i'm very active in sex but I m not getting any symptomp of pregnancy neither postive hpt.
Am trying to get pregnant from last 3 years. I was having pcod but with homeopathic medicine its cured now my husband also had his semen analysis done and the results are towards positive side. My last date of periods were 29 April and I got my upt positive also. But after 2 months I miscarried. So pls help me out of it. I want to conceive my age is 24 and my husband's age is 25. We passed six years of our married life. I want baby.
My wife having problem infection problem in vagina (outside) a kind of red red dots all over and a high itching sensation with pain if its being touched. This problem is from one year. Already being consulted two gyno doctors. But to no avail. Problem is in control if medicine is taken. Otherwise it again be same.. Kindly suggest what can be done.
As my friend and her boyfriend doesn't have sexual intercourse but is their any chance of getting pregnant with inserting finger and she had period last month but this Month she missed her period and she gain weight also please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I had a protected sex on 11th may 2016 with a women don't know about her status but I have doubt that she is in sexually active with multiple partners. During sex I used condom and there is lots of blood and other liquid on it when I removed it some part of condom touched my open penis head. After that I was to anxious about hiv and did continues study about hiv and its symptoms on internet. After few weeks I felt continues headache, burning sensations, low fever, sore throat, white tongue with red bumps on it, extreme tiredness, brain fog kind of symptoms. One night I suffered from oral thrush (Candida growth) & mouth ulcers. I tested for hiv antibody next day (7th june 2016) came negative. After that my symptoms didn't stopped. I became more anxious. I tested again for hiv antibody one week later (16th june 2016) came negative again. After few days I visit an infectious diseases specialist he advised me for p24 ag / ab Eliza. This report also come negative (after 6 week of exposure) But still I am facing anxiety of hiv. Can't able to concentrate on my work. Please guide me I am dying. Thanks.
Doctor please help. Meri wife ne humare unsafe sex k bad I- pill li but humne 24 ghnte se pehle dubara unsafe sex kia nd I eject inside of her .kya wo pregnant ho jayegi. please help doctor.
I am 24 year married woman. I gain weight after my first child birth. What type of diet or exercise can help in weight loss.
Last periods was on Dec 26 2015 after that She had a intercourse on Jan 13th without condom. In January no periods on Feb 4 she checked UPT it was positive and took a tablet mtp. Den it started bleeding very thickly for 2day after tat it ws normal bleeding and she was feeling very tried vomiting and nose. Everything til March 1st week after tat it ws normal. Bt till nw der his no periods happened from past 7 week y his dis.
Regulate Irregular Menstrual Cycle ( for all age female)
One of the prevalent problems among women is the irregular periods or menstrual cycle. Delayed menstruation can lead to a lot of issues for women and can also affect their overall health. Since menstrual cycle is a natural process that happens after every 28 days, irregularities might affect the functioning of the body.
A Balanced Diet
To keep the body functions normal especially menstruation where women are concerned, a balanced diet is very imperative. Green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, juices and nuts plays a very significant role here. Along with this it is important to maintain the intake of three large meals every day that are full of nutrients and provide you with the required quantity of the same. Make sure you also adhere to small quantities of food in between the larger ones to fill in the gap. This will make sure that you do not lack any nutrients
Drink Abundant Water
Water is one magical potion that is a remedy for most of the health ailments. 10-15 glasses of water everyday keeps the body clean from toxins and impurities as well as regulate the functioning of the body and improve blood circulation. This in turn will help you in regularizing periods in case you are suffering from this issue. So make sure you drink plenty of water on a consistent basis!
Avoid Alcohol and Smoke
Smoking and consuming alcohol are two of those habits that can really trigger the problem and might escalate to a serious level. It also hinders the menstruation cycle according to many researches. A lot of professionals also believe that excessive smoking and alcohol can also have a bad impact on fertility of a woman. Therefore, try and keep away from both of these especially if you are suffering from irregularity of periods. This will not only prevent but also treat the issue to a great extent.
Limit Caffeine Intake
Caffeine is another form of drink that can really heighten the problem of irregularities in periods. Try and avoid tea and coffee as well as energy drinks as much as possible. This will only help you in maintaining good health and normal body functioning.
Along with this refined foods like refined sugar, refined flour and rice should be kept away from. Salt intake should be totally limited during the time of the cycle.
Meditation and Exercise
These healthy habits will make you stress free and relax your senses which in turn will trigger the proper secretion of the hormones in the body. Consistent meditation for at least 45-60 minutes everyday will get you freedom from the problem of irregular periods. Walking, jogging and light exercises are some of the other ways to achieve your goal without much hassle.
Benefit of Asafetida
All you have to do in fry a dash of asafetida in a little of clarified butter and use a teaspoon of the same to mix in with a glass of buttermilk. Now have this liquid once everyday until the problem totally subsides. Remember, that a home remedy can only be effective if followed regularly without skipping.
Acupuncture or Acupressure Treatment for Menstrual cycle
I have treated many cases of Acupuncture method , what I mentioned above if facing problem in initial stage if this Menstrual problem sustaining for long time need to be treat, that too young age female need to get treatment as soon as possible for their normal cyclic life ? taking medicine most of the time become addict to the medicine some time prescribe dosage may not give preferring result and be aware of side effect of this medicines , My treatment method 100% drugless and effective method can contact me for more clarification or treatment ?live with healthy menstrual cycle ? Acupuncture Healer Nazir Sheriff- +91 9789908903- www.Acuheal.In
Hai sir/mam. This is srija. My period time is 14 of every month. But period didn't came. For me one doubt. I think that I am a pregnant. How can I verify this is the pregnancy or not? Please clarify this doubt.
Does cuddling reduce firmness in the bust line? Are exercises for pectoral muscles helpful in maintaining a proper bust? Is there a proper diet for people staying away from home to maintain health too?
Hello, In last month till my period date. I have many pregnancy symptoms like nausea, sore nipples, back pain, fatigue etc. But yesterday (2 days prior to due date) I have my period. I don't know why this happened. Anyone please advise me. First day I had only spotting of pink and brown. But next day I have red flow. Thanks.
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.