Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Mehta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Namita MehtaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Namita Mehta provides answers that are knowledgeable, well-reasoned, sensible and professional. Thanks for the update....Planning to coach/train people in field of sports
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be knowledgeable, well-reasoned, thorough, professional and practical. Thanks a lot Doctor.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be very helpful. Thanks doctor, any perticular medicine you can suggest.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be knowledgeable. Can relate to the same.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be very helpful. Helpful.. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Namita Mehta to be very helpful. Ido that Thank you
Dr. Namita Mehta provides answers that are inspiring. Thank you
I have routine urine test. There is BLOOD in Urine Present as per report. My urine was yellow. What are the further tests needed now? 6 months before the urine report was no blood in urine. Now this report says I have blood in urine. I am going to test urine again or other tests needed?
My husband (33 yrs) his urine was light red (very light) color once. After it is normal. He doubted there is any blood leakage in urine. Is it very big issue. What should I do? For this. Please tell me the solution.
Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant now about 1 week ago I noticed that there is swelling in one side of my left breast. Is it normal to have like that.
Hi my wife have negative pregnancy test after 5 week of taking mifepristal and misoprostol tab. Can we now confirm to be a successful abortion?
How to increase my breast milk the milk is not there to feed my child. My child is not even touching it she is just 12 days old how I can make her to drink my milk please suggest.
Which is most safe, using condoms or pills? Without affecting my life partner's health If she's using pills.
I am a 20y. O. Female and do not know yet if I am pregnant or not. I will get a home test done, and in case of a positive result, want an abortion done in Kolkata, India. I am not married and my parents would not accept a child. Will I face hassle of any kind despite being an adult? What is the best abortion center for me to approach?
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My family and me are so very eager to have a girl. I have come to my native place. People are looking at my stomach and saying it's a boy saying I have small stomach. I am fully aware this is not legal but I think in my present stress situation I would be much better when I know the gender. If it's a girl il be happy and if it's a boy I will mould myself to stay happy so I won't go into depression later on. Please advice.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.