Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Joshi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namita JoshiYour feedback matters!
Me and my partner had non penetrating sex before 8 days but I rubbed my penis on her vagina. She is having some symptoms of pregnancy. Is it possible?
Hi, I would like to understand the key dos and don't for first trimester of pregnancy, specifically around : Diet, Gym, Intercourse 5-6 hours train travel.
Hi I am 30 weeks pregnant and last week I got to know tht my sugar level is high it was around 10.8. Currently I am in UK and getting treated here. They have given me the test machines through which I am taking the reading 4 times in a day. Now my reading is almost at the border of higher side the baby weight is also 3.4 lb. So tey said its pretty normal in pregnancy, and they have suggested, me to start taking insulin from today because if the baby size will grow then it might be a problem for normal delivery and can lead to many other things. Being indian can someone please suggest what should be the diet and things to taken care.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
Period is on but few drops only. Not regular one. Bloated can't breathe. Stressful month. Burning vagina.
I am 32 week pregnant. My scan Dr. noted that my uterus status is an unicornuate uterus. So my Dr. suggested take bed rest. They give tablet for this. The tablet is duvadilan 10 mg. Is it ok for this? Is unicornuate uterus serious in my pregnancy state? Bed rest means?
What is Karyotyping? Is this help to knw genetic disorder that can be transmitted to child from mother before conceiving baby?
We often fear change in our daily routines, it makes us anxious and jittery. But sometimes change is often required to shake up your life and inculcate better and healthier daily habits. We are creatures of habit and linearity, and like to keep it so. Soon these new habits will be a part and parcel of your life in no time. But it is important to push yourself and be disciplined and not slack off when your body refuses to comply.
- Exercise daily: This habit can never be stressed upon enough. It gets your body up and running first thing in the morning, and helps to make you feel good about your body. When exercising daily, your body is fit and healthy, decreasing the risk of lifestyle diseases. The kind and level of exercises that you do is completely dependent upon your goals.
- Eat right: What you eat everyday by way of habit, makes more impact than you think. Stick to well-balanced meals that supply your body with just the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Food also has an impact on your moods and it is important that you understand what each food does to different kinds of moods. Make sure you eat a power-packed breakfast for it is the only meal of the day that gives you enough energy to get through to the next meal.
- Limit your online time: Social media has become so much a part of our lives. But being online and making your social media presence felt all the time isn't all that 'cool', but a rather unhealthy habit. Checking your phone constantly for those incessant notifications, hearing ghost rings, can make you have extremely jumpy nerves. Limit the number of times you check your phone in a day, and have phases where you don't touch it at all, especially just before you go to bed. The glare of your smartphone can not only ruin your sleeping patterns but also your eyesight.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, to wash out all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. This helps to boost your metabolism and raises your energy levels. Drink enough water the rest of the day to keep up this cleansing effect.
- Meditate: In a world that is now so virtual, it is integral that you take out time for yourself and yourself only. Meditation is a way by which you can find inner peace and clear your mind of all unnecessary thoughts. It helps you to focus on yourself, your goals and wants. Starting your day peacefully with intent and focus is the way to go.
It's all about trying and being disciplined enough to keep at it and succeed. It is for your betterment and will go a long way to keep you healthy mentally, physically and emotionally.