Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naini Kohli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naini KohliYour feedback matters!
My boyfriend kisses me and sucks my breast. Is this effect periods? Please tell me. Before marriage is it good to do this?
Irregular period problem, when period comes flow is very less also the colour is very different. Have done required pregnancy and blood tests, reports states no pregnancy and all the blood tests are normal. As per ultrasound report-its PCOD.
Im checked my urine using with the pregnancy test kit. The result is positive. Then im checked from the laboratory then also the result is positive. But my period date is not over. Before my period date I get the result. My last month period started from 19 th january and ended on 26 th january. Is it ture result.
Mam meri wife ko period 10 ko huye h aur meri chutti 18 ko h toh kya mai us raat sex karu toh kya wo pregnant ho jayegi.
My wife is four month pregnant and she is currently suffering from kidney stone. Can anyone help me out for stone treatment which is also safe in pregnancy.
Hi, From initial home test it found to be faint positive. I went to doctor and she performed several blood and urine test. My B-HCG is found to be 28.15 and shown nothing in Sonography. I am worried whether I am pregnant or not? What should I do now.
One of my inner labia is noticeably bigger than the other. I am a virgin. I am not sexually active. I have noticed it when I was 13 years old. Doctor Please tell me its normal or not? I am so worried. Please help.
I am 19 years old .I am having irregular menstrual cycle. I took treatment ,during the treatment my periods will b regular. But after leaving the treatment it start delaying. I have done my hormonal test also. Everything is normal This problem is since from 2 yrs. Doctors says it is due to deficiency of vitamins. What is the solution. please help me.
I am bleeding on the 17th day after period. I am using clear strip ovulation kits and it says im at high fertility not peak (got high for 4 days) so I can't be ovulating right? Trying to get preg so worried!
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.