Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Vasundhra Singh ThakurYour feedback matters!
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society.
I had been prone to heroine use from last few years. Post withdrawal I encounter diarreah, nausea,sweating, irritability,depression n craving. Been clean in b/w for 2-3 days but got back to drugs. I don't want to continue it anymore but feel low while normal. Any help appreciated . Thanks.
I feel like avoid best friend and I have lesser self confidence I think lots of my problems and faults un necessarily I think and dream so much how can over come this problem but I can not work out that What can do my self.
Respected All, My Parents are now senior citizens. Since last few years, I am observing that both mom and dad are becoming irritating, short-tempered even over simple things. Even though our family is facing few hardships and stress over recent years, the extent of their irritation is simply becoming unendurable, day by day. Due to frequent quarrels and heated debates between ourselves, even I am experiencing short-termparament ever than before. Especially, my mom thinks too much negatively, becomes stubborn and dominant whenever she feels something is not going as per her way. Is is the impact of menopause? Years ago, I read in newspaper that Flower Odour Therapy can be used to heal behavioral problems such as "hyper irritation", short temperament etc. Is their any ayurvedic or odour therapy that can help me and my family? Thanks.
Sir one of my best buddy have one bad habits he drink wine so can you give me solution how stop him to drink wine.
Im suffering from chronic body ache. Please give me some solution to prevent from this chronic body ache?
I am 22 year old Male and have depression kind of feeling. Remains sad all the time, not able to socialize, what should I do now?
Hi i am Confused between love and infatuation as now I am living in live in relationship and too many adjustments and responsibilities and it's not the same anymore. Wanna test myself if I actually love my guy. Or it was just attraction.
Hello I am basically having issues with my emotions. I am not able to live peacefully because of my past. I was in a relationship with a boy and I was always sure that he will never leave me. He will always be there by my side. He supported me alot he helped me in everything. He cared for me alot he even helped me in studying and was very much concerned about me. But suddenly last year because of his parents pressure he married someone else. And after that things changed for me. Its been one year since he is married but we still talk he still cares for me sometimes he is even rude to me but till today we are in contact and I am unable to imagine my life without him. I cried alot nd today also I am crying hurting myself and unable to come up from all this thing. Please suggest something for me. I really want to live but am not able to live happily.
Hi doctors I am 25 year old girl I dont know what exactly is happening with me I am in a relationship by the grace of allah he is very loyal to me but I always think that he is cheating on me when he says he is going ofc I start doubting on him for pruf I ask him to give pics of himself when he says he is going out with friends I start thinking is he is telling truth I calls him randnmly throughout day just to chck whtr he picks up my calls or not but he does pick my calls evrytime but still I cant get out of this problem.
I got married in the year 1998, from beginning I don't know it may be a curse to me that my thinking/like/dislike etc. Is nothing matching with my wife, as a result I never felt easy in my married life and there is always a conflict between us.Gradually it become a irritation of my life, thus though I am married I feel always alone which makes me sleepless night almost everyday. Hardly I can sleep 2-3 hours at night and day long I am always busy with my office activities. Sometime I feel tremendous headache and sometime for giddiness I can not work properly. So if you kindly give me your valuable suggestion I will be grateful to you. Thanking you.
I am hurt very badly by someone, I am very upset and tensed all this days. I am not feeling good, what should I do?
2. Child parental issues. Due to nuclear families.
3. Inter personal relations, wife and husband.
4. Pre divorce or post divorce.
5. Sexual doubts.
6. Feeling loneliness or depression.
By phone call or video conference, by consulting at stress management lab or clinic.
Dear sir, my brother suffering from parkinson's decease from past 7 years, we tried hard for treatment but no treatment in english medicine. His hand is continuously shaking. Is there any treatment. Please provide details. How and where it can be treated.
I am 24 year old I have anxiety -Since 2 Year. I am talking Homeopathic treatment now. But not feeling Better Symptoms are as under. 1. I have problem in walking so much 2. Feeling I will fall when standing 3. Thinking always about health Please look into this matter.
I am 38 yrs old not yet married as I dont like girls. Wht should I do get myself used to girls and get married?
I want to study nd concentrate my mind in books. But whenever I to do so I got sleepy eyes. My body become so lazy tht I cnt awake for much tym. please suggest me some ways to get rid of tht too much sleep nd laziness.
I lost somebody close that year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. please help me.
Every cigarette shortens your life by 11 minutes. Don't do this to your family.