Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mona GuptaYour feedback matters!
A healthy mind is responsible for a healthy and relaxed body and both are imperative for attaining better orgasms during intercourse. Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby, a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes, which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
- Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
- Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
- Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
- Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
- Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
- Certain prescription drugs like antidepressants
- Stress or high fatigue
- Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
- Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
- Inability to attain orgasms
- Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
- Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
- Eat well and get enough rest
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs, or smoking
- Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
- Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
- Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
- Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
- Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises
Related Tip: "5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting An Orgasm"
Hi concerned. After the intercourse. The injected ones are flowing out .can you tell me measures to avoid the flow as we are planning for pregnancy.
Hye Dr. I am pregnant so I can ask you something. My body was very paining at tha night. During the sleeping. My hair also falling so tell me what can I do.
If sperm only spread on top of vagina no any ejection of penis in it. Then it can be chances of pregnancy or not? Its all first time for both n no any ejection. please suggest N its effect her periods Wht should b reason for that Without ejection pregnancy is possible if sperm spread only on that part or near about vagina please kindly suggest.
I am a 29 year old men. I have a problem. I have lesser attraction towards girls vagina. I have much more attraction at girls anus. What should I do now?
Hi I am a Girl. 24 age hai meri . Mai Jab. Apney. Partner. Ke. Sath. Intercourse. krti hu. Maiko. Acha. Lgta. Sub. Khuch. Achaa. Mahsus. Hota. Energy. Me. Hoti. Hu. But. Jab. Krty. H. I feel. This. But. Jab. Tak. Ciloris part. Rub. Na. Kru. To. Tak. Mera. Hota. Hi. Ni. Vo. Krty. Rhty. But. Jb. Tk. Rub. Na. Ho. To. Tk. Meri. Trf. Nhi. Hotaa. Kya. Y. Koi. Kami. H. please Suggest. Me. please I very. Tensed. My. Sexual. Life. please Help. I need. Help.
My wife age 27 she is pregnant but child was not growing & abortion was done by doctor. After 4mnth of abortion we tried again but she was not getting pregnant. Follicular study was done. After ovary size 40 mm HCG 10000 Injection given by doctor but egg not rupture & size was increase around 55-60 mm it become in form of cyst. Please reply why she was not getting pregnant.
I am 21 year old woman, from last 2 months my period flow is very low. I do not know sudden what happen from last two months?
Hi my friend Asha is not getting periods it's already 10 days over the date as she had sex with her bf but she took unwanted 72 and now she checked with preganews it's result negative what she will to get periods is der any risk? Please help her.
Our bodies are around 60% water, give or take.
It is commonly recommended to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day (the 8*8 rule).
Although there is little science behind this specific rule, staying hydrated is important.
Water Helps to Maximize Physical Performance
If we do not stay hydrated, physical performance can suffer.
This is particularly important during intense exercise or high heat.
Dehydration can have a noticeable effect if you lose as little as 2% of your body's water content. However, it is not uncommon for athletes to lose up to 6-10% of their water weight via sweat .
This can lead to altered body temperature control, reduced motivation, increased fatigue and make exercise feel much more difficult, both physically and mentally .
Optimal hydration has been shown to prevent this from happening, and may even reduce the oxidative stress that occurs during high-intensity exercise. This is not surprising when you consider that muscle is about 80% water .
So, if you exercise intensely and tend to sweat, then staying hydrated can help you perform at your absolute best.
I took abortion pill, today it is 26 days, I have heavy bleeding sometimes, yesterday also, so I asked then they told that some particles remain inside, do pelvic ultrasound, is there any others procedure to clear those particles as without going to hospital, actually I feel shy please help.
I have 5 years old baby. I had aborted in June 2016 (10 weeks pregnancy, Reason - bleeding/no growth of baby find in ultrasound). Now, I am pregnant (6 week). Age 32 years, height 5 feet 4 inch. TORCH test is conducted by Doctor. IgM are negative for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii, Rubella, Cytomegalovirus & Herpes simplex). IgG are positive for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii - 74 IU/ml, (Rubella - 26 IU/ml, (Cytomegalovirus - 54 au/ml, (Herpes simplex - 1.1 ratio). What is the meaning of this test result. Should we need any treatment.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
keep yourself healthy by following these tips:-
1. Breakfast- breakfast means break the fast. They provide the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast.
Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty like trying to start the car without petrol.
Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking.
Breakfast foods are good source of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and vit-b as well as protein and fibre.
Breakfast also restores glucose level, an essential carbohydrate that is needed for the brain to function.
Many studies have shown that eating breakfast can improve memory and concentration.
Eating breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduces obesity, high b. P, heart disease and diabetes.
Some breakfast items:-
Cereals and bread, eggs, milk, upma, idli, dosa, poha, cornflakes, fruit/fruit juices, sprouts, etc.
2. Fruits:- fruits are good source of vitamins and minerals so try to introduce, a portion of your daily diet.
These are essential for the proper functioning of the body rich in dietary fibres.
It also helps to improve the function of digestive tract.
Those who want to loose weight; fruits is an important healthy diet.
Fruit help you to stay away from health complications like stroke, high b. P, cancer, heart problem, diabetes.
Fruit effectively fight skin disorders and promote healthy hair growth.
Suggested to eat row.
3. Physical activity:- regular physical activity improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight. Reduces anxiety and stress, increases self esteem and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
It should be done 60 mins or more of physical activity daily.
4. Brushing;- brushing is important to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
They are an important part in preventing gum disease and reducing your risk of tooth loss and dental problems.
Only 2 mins brushing twice a day can not only save your teeth and keep your smile looking beautiful it can also literally save your life.
5. Washing hands:-
Washing your hands correctly is the most important thing. I protect against a number of infectious diseases such as influenza, common cold.
Proper methods of hand washing:-wash your hand with soap and water for at least 20 sec ds.
Wash the front and back of your hands as well as between your fingers and under nails.
Rinse your hand well under warm running water using rubbing motion.
Don’t use a common hand towel.
6. Benefits of sleep:- sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing under eye circles.
Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. Can benefits your heart, weight, mind and more.
Sleep plays a critical role in immune functions, metabolism, memory, learning, and other vital functions.
We should take 6-8 hrs of sleep daily.