Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
If I have sex with my wife multiple times a month without any protection is it safe. We both are healthy and do not carry any disease.
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Hi, I am a girl' i married last years. My husband like anal sex. But I do not like. please advise me.
My son is 11 months old baby, now only my period is come, I would like to plan a next baby. Is this OK for that my health.
I am 3 months pregnant now and taking THYRONORM and folxt tablets. Today all of a sudden I vomited blood twice in span of half an hour. I usually do have vomiting in evening once r twice ever since I am conceived but never had vomited blood. So I want to know why this blood vomiting happened and will this affect me or my baby in anyway. Thanks in advance.
I am under treatment for pelvic cyst. It has almost cured. But I still experience pain while having sex. Even my vagina is too dry so there is no lubrication.
Which time is correct for having sex without condoms. She doesn't want pregnancy. So please tell me which time is perfect having sex with my partner. I hope that you will give me prefect advise. Thanks.
I am 34. First pregnancy. 6.5 week pregnant as per ultrasound. 7.5 week as per lmp. CRL is 5.7 mm. Feral pole and yolk sac seen. But there is no cardiac activity. Radiologist says pregnancy not viable.
Many think that a combination of honey and hot water, green tea with honey and lemon juice is a healthy practice and that it will help to reduce weight.
The truth is that it doesnt. And even if it have had such an effect on some people, ut isnt healthy.
Honey should never be heated or mixed with hot food, drinks or water.
It will lose its good qualities and become incompatible.
It will result in decreased immunity or in allergic conditions in the person or in his/her generations yet to come.
So its a request to everyone not to follow such so called healthy practises which are actually not healthy.
I am 39 years old, and me and my wife planning for a baby for last 8 months, but suddenly since april first week there is no erection at all while doing intercourse, I quit smoking for last 8 months also did not drink alcohol, and going for jogging regularly and doing some exercise, but really do not know what to do, please advise.
I am 23 years old , female , not married. I am getting back pain, lower abdominal pain and vaginal discharge for more than one week. Vaginal fluid is slight thick. My periods is about to come. Is this any serious issue.
How to avoid pregnancy after having sex She is feeding Baby still, and she didn't had periods till now.
I have polycystic (pcod). Consulted to doctor and as suggested I was under medication" for 3 months. Now after 3 months I consulted doctor again. But she asked me to stop medication and asked me to check whether my periods are regular or not. But how to know whether my pcod is reduced or not.
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious. They are packed with energy, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins and various minerals, all of which are essential for the normal functioning of the body. These kidney-shaped nuts are not only delicious but are loaded with tons of health benefits, which are:
1.Dental benefit - The chemicals present in cashew nuts kills gram positive bacteria and other dental afflictions that can cause tooth decay. Cashews are rich in minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are essential nutrients for dental health. They are known to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, and research shows that cashews can remove abscessed teeth although no conclusive evidence has yet been found.
2. Eye health - Zea-xanthin, an important antioxidant, present in small amounts in cashew nuts helps to improve eye health. This antioxidant, which gets selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea of the eye (responsible for filtering UV rays), helps to slow down age-related macular degeneration of vision.
3. Weight loss - Although cashew nuts are fat rich food, they help in shedding weight. They contain good fat out of which 75% of is unsaturated. This unsaturated fat provides more energy to the body, which helps in improving metabolism. Thus, it helps in weight loss, if consumed in moderation.
4. Aids in brain function - The human brain depends on two types of fat to function. They are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Cashew nuts contain both of these fats and help in the dual functions of producing brain cells and improving oxygen circulation in the brain, which aids in improving memory.
5. Healthy heart - Cashew nuts are rich in several monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acid that help in the proper functioning of the heart. These crucial fatty acids help in lowering the harmful lipoprotein, and in increasing the level of good cholesterol. The monounsaturated fatty acids also help to prevent coronary artery diseases by reducing triglyceride levels.
Ways to Include Cashews in your diet: It is more advisable to much the cashew just as they are. A fried/salty variety adds more calories. You can also use it as a garnish or use it in your shakes or dips (soaked and grinded). Add a few cashews to your bowl of cereal in the morning, or a few steamed ones to your plate of sauteed vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife is pregnant from 14 days and she suffered from thyroid and she take thyroid medicine. Is it safe to take thyroid medicine in pregnancy.
Dear madam l had 2 cesarean one is due to placenta previa & the baby died. Second one is a boy of 5yrs. I try for a baby & take allyestenerol tablet also but I am not get conceived. Please give suggestion.
In fact headache and Backache & vague body aches could be a sign of Depression!
Must read link about how Depression can manifest itself as pain, how to recognize it and what should be done to make oneself feel better