Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohita Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Mohita GuptaYour feedback matters!
My wife she is 48 years now. She is complaining of severe pain in her Right side Breast. Also she is going through mane pause. What is the reason & to whom shall I take her for check up.
I ws pregnant but in 12 th week ie 1april ultrasound got to knw baby had no heartbeat n growth so I had my d&c on 2 april 2016. I want to what all precautions I need to take nw nd fr how long. Nd aftr d&c how many days bed rest is required?
Does use of lubricants during intercourse interfere with conception? Which lubricant should be used if women is trying for pregnancy. Please advise. Thanks.
Shankhpushpi is a perennial herb. It is considered to be one of the most wonderful gifts of nature to mankind. It is a type of morning glory that belongs to the Convolvulaceae plant family. Its scientific name is Convolvulus Pluricaulis. The flowers are blue, pink or white in color, and are about 2mm – 5mm in size. They grow in rocky and sandy areas under xerophytic conditions and is mostly found in areas of Bihar and Punjab in India. It is also seen in the deserts of the Sahara.
Importance: Shankhpushpi is a very important herb of Ayurveda due to its therapeutic benefits. It mainly takes care of the nerves by supporting and promoting healthy brain and mind. It enhances brain power, improves memory and concentration and the ability to recall. When combined with other herbs, the formulation created is used for treating conditions, such as schizophrenia, depression, epilepsy and aggressive behavior disorders.
Parts Used: Shankhpushpi is often used as a paste, powder and tonic for different formulations. The parts that are used for these formulations are the leaves, flowers, stem, roots, seeds and ashes.
The Shankhpushpi plant has lots of health benefits
- Shankhpushpi syrup is very good for brain development of children. It is effective if children take it regularly for three months. It improves their memory, learning, grasping power and intelligence. It should be given to them along with Bramhi, Sharkara, Nimbu Satva and water
- It rejuvenates the nervous function by promoting memory and concentration
- It helps in relieving stress and has the ability to calm a mind
- It supports the flow of blood in the brain
- It treats fatigue, nervous debility and low energy level
- A tonic made from Shankhpushpi works as a psychostimulant and tranquilizer
- Shankhpushpi tonic is often used to treat hypotensive syndromes
- It improves the balance and vitiation in kapha-vata-pitta doshas
- It works as antioxidant and antacid
- The herbal extract possesses spermatogenic properties, so it is used to treat cases of sperm debility
- It can treat urinary system ailments
It is important to keep in mind that to get the best results, one has to use the best quality herbs in the right quantity. Shankhpushpi is a wonderful remedy for a number of problems, however, no herb should be taken without consulting an Ayurveda practitioner. In case of a concern or query consult an expert & get answers!