Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohita Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Mohita GuptaYour feedback matters!
Cholesterol is an oil-based substance that does not mix with blood and is found in every cell of the body.LDL (low density lipoprotein) is the bad cholesterol and HLD (high density lipoprotein) is the good cholesterol. Cholesterol, at normal levels is good for us.But, if it gets too high then it can prove to be dangerous for us. Here’s a guide on how to reduce cholesterol and cholesterol diet, lowering high cholesterol, cholesterol medicine.
Cholesterol diet:Diet can help you to lower your cholesterol levels by 10 to 20 per cent.The best dietician in India says that the best cholesterol diet and for lowering high cholesterol you should include the following ten cholesterol reducing foods:
These are cholesterol lowering foods. And, suggested by the best dietician in India to lower high cholesterol naturally. For reducing cholesterol, you must add these foods to your daily diet.
Cholesterol Medicines: Various medicines are also used to lower high cholesterol. If your cholesterol is too high, then these are the medicines that are generally prescribed by doctors.The cholesterol medicines are:
Statins (Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastatin, Pitavastatin, Pravastatin, Rosuvastatin, and Simvastatin) Statins can lessen the chance of cardiac events. These are also prescribed by doctors to lower your bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol.
Exercise: The best dietician in India says that exercise is very helpful to lower your cholesterol. Exercise at least for 3 hours a week to raise your HDL. This is one of the very important parts for lowering high cholesterol.
Other tips to lower cholesterol: Here are other tips that you can follow for lowering high cholesterol. Apart from the above tips on cholesterol diet and cholesterol medicines, the best dietician in India says that you should:
- Maintain healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking.
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fats, trans fats, and dietary cholesterol
Follow the above tips and cholesterol diet for lowering your cholesterol naturally.
It's been 1 month. every time I wash clothes or utensils or I bath. I mean when I be in water for more than half an hour or 15 minutes. My hands get melts and lining appears in them. Why so, they have become so sensitive. Any home remedy or what is being missed in my diet so my skin have become so sensitive. I'm trying for pregnancy.
We are trying for family since last one month. Wanted to know does a woman ovulate when she has PCOD.
I am not having a healthy periods from 2 months. It ends in 1 or max 1.5 days. I am worried why this is happening to me. My diet is good. I eat fruits, green veggies and pulses properly. Please help.
My GF is 22 n I am 35. She is not getting her periods regularly and if she gets then very few drops. V do the pregnancy test every Month but it's negative. N she discharges lots of white fluid from her vagina everyday. Can you guide me please Is her vagina infected by oral sex?
An anorectal abscess can be a combination of various conditions such as a rectal abscess, perianal abscess, anal abscess etc. It is a condition where pus and stool ooze out from areas of the rectum and the anus. Some of the possible causes of an anorectal abscess include infection in the anal area, sexually transmitted infections and blocked glands in the anal region. Disorders such as diverticulitis and Crohn’s disease can also lead to a deep rectal abscess.
What are the risk factors for this disease?
Some of the common risk factors of this condition include sexual activities involving the anal region, certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs, uncontrollable diabetes, a weak immune system due to conditions such as AIDs and HIV. An anorectal abscess can also be witnessed in toddlers if there exists a family history of this disease.
What are the common symptoms of this condition?
Some of the common symptoms of this condition include
- Frequent constipation
- Discharge of pus from the anal region
- Nausea and fatigue
- General malaise
- Formation of a nodule or lump in the rectum area,
- Night sweats
- Hardened tissue
- Redness and swelling of the lump near the anal area
- Frequent discharge of pus
- Painful stool, etc.
Diagnosis and complications:
A rectal exam conducted by the doctor can reveal the condition. In case of any doubt, a doctor often prescribes a proctosigmoidoscopy to rule out other conditions. The doctor might still prescribe tests such as MRI scan, CT scan, ultrasound etc. to get a detailed picture of the area where pus is getting collected near the rectal region. Complications of an anorectal abscess includes scars, anal fistula, constant pain, sepsis and recurrence of pus.
What are the treatment options available in Ayurveda?
- Curcumin: Curcumin is the pigment extracted from turmeric. This pigment is considered to be the most powerful naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agent. Its medicinal effect can cure many diseases. For patients suffering from an anorectal abscess, curcumin can control pain and inflammation in the anal region. Furthermore, it ensures that the condition does not aggravate to the next stage.
- Triphala: Triphala is a combination of three herbs- harara, bahera and amla. These three herbs should be consumed in a powdery form twice a day to clean the wound and balance the doshas. Triphala can speed up the process of recovery for patients suffering from an anorectal abscess.
- Guggul: Guggul is a gum resin that is extracted from the tree known as the Commiphora Mukul. It is used to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Although it seldom cures the condition alone, it cures many ailments when used in union with Triphala and other herbs.
- Neem: Neem leaves have many medicinal properties. It is anti-inflammatory in nature and its application in the powdery/paste form can pay rich dividends in curing an anorectal abscess. Furthermore, neem leaves when boiled and applied near the rectal region helps to ease the muscles and remove the blocked pus in the rectum.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!