Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Minakeshi RanaYour feedback matters!
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
Hi. My age is 24. I was diagnosed with atypical endometriosis in my right ovary last September. However I got pregnant all Naturally. I am now 24 weeks, 4 days pregnant. All my reports are normal till date. I want to know if there is any risk because of the endometriosis. Will dere be any complications. If so what necessary precautions can I take. Pls reply. It will be of great help.
My wife is in 9th month of pregnancy. Her legs is swelling. What to do in this condition, are we go for secarion or wait for the right time. The date giving is 10th of April.
I have 10+ months son I have in breast feeding till how long I have to continue breastfeeding doctors his birth weight is 2.3kg.
Hello doctor meri shaddi ko 7 mahine ho gye hai, mahine me takriban hum bahot baar sex karte hai bt abhi tak mere pregnant hone ke lakshan dikai nahi diye kya mujhme koi problem ho sakti hai aur aisa kyun please tell me.
I have taken meprate previously for irregular periods. Now its regular and I am getting married in a month.I wanted to know what's the best medicine for contraception.
In November 1st weak I had sex. After that upto february I have periods. But in march month I do not have periods. I take precautions. Is it chance of pregnancy?
My girlfriend has 35-40 days period circle. Her last period date was 3feb to 6 feb. We had sex on 7th. Feb several times without protection. She took an unwanted 72 after 40 hours. Now today on 15 Feb she has having slightly period. Is it the side effects of the medicine? Or pregnancy to worry?
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a life altering experience for all expecting mothers. During the gestation period, each and every cell of a woman’s body undergoes a full transformation. There needs to be perfect harmony between the various aspects of the woman and her baby’s health for the pregnancy to progress smoothly. Any imbalance, however, can lead to a range of problems that will require special care.
Ayurveda is one of the most effective kinds of therapies that help deal with problems of pregnancy. During this period, using Ayurveda to support your health could be most helpful for the development of your baby. Ayurveda will help you effectively deal with all kinds of pregnancy complications such as high blood pressure, fluid retention, spotting, etc.
Following are some of the ways in which you can use Ayurveda to deal with all the various problems of pregnancy:
- Ayurvedic herbal massages: Opting for a daily Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils can induce well-being in both mother and child. These have a very positive impact on the sensory nervous system and you feel calmn during the period of gestation.
- Dealing with morning sickness: Morning sickness is a common pregnancy problem and in Ayurveda, it is known as Garbhini Charddi. There are many Ayurvedic remedies for morning sickness which include matala rasayana (10 grams of it is to be mixed with honey and consumed twice a day), eladi vati (an Ayurvedic medication that helps relieve cough, vomiting and cold), eladi choorna (with elaichi as one of its important ingredients, this Ayurvedic concoction is used to treat indigestion, vomiting and excessive thirst), etc.
- Balancing the vata: According to Ayurvedic principles, the growth of the foetus is aided by the energies known as apana vata and prana vata which fulfil the needs of the pregnancy. It is important to maintain a good balance between these vata for dealing with all the problems that come with pregnancy. The simplest way to do this is to adhere to a healthy and wholesome Ayurvedic diet and avoid all foods that cause harm to the system.
These are just a few examples of dealing with pregnancy related problems with the help of Ayurveda. The most important aspect of Ayurveda is that is treats all the problems at the very root and provides a holistic remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.