Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MikijaYour feedback matters!
Hi, My 4 month old baby boy weighs 7.3 kg and birth weight was 3.150 kg is the weight perfect but he cries a lot and always need to be held by anyone and also takes neopeptine and gripe water twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries a lot and always unhappy and is he a high need baby or is it some stomach issues and is on Rantac and domstal syrup twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries and hate to lay flat even for nappy change please help.
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My Child who is 6 years old have Development delay issue and Presently taken "Medicine concert 18 Mg from the Last of one Year. Still some Changes is there, but somehow he is not sometimes responding and whatever I told him or speak with him, he Restates the same Words back to me, Not giving Reply, his speech is not also proper. Pls guide what should I do,
M having body pain specially on hands n legs n cervical bone pains. I used to take pain killer n it goes.. But I wanna know wt could be the diagnosis. As I was born on seven month. N my mom says it's bcz of it my bones are not strong. N since one month M having white colour discharge from vagina.. Is it bcz of my bones. Kindly suggest me something. Wt should I do.
My son is 7 years old after 3 days of he had birth aphexia now he is a cp child he can't do any activity is it any treatment for him please guide me.
Hi. Recently my wife has 12 days baby girl our problem is she can not eat mother feeding directly. If we force she started more crying. Then we have to eat mother milk or amul shakti by spoon. This is now daily problem so what we do? So that she direct eat mothers milk. please help. Weight 3 kg.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
My daughter 2year 8 month old she doing potty 5 times today some lecuide and some good colour is greenish yellow we gave her to eat green banana and dry rice (chere) and medicine gelucil and and antiacid pouch for kids but we are very worried.
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
Hellomy 12 week baby refusing to eat more formula during a day but eats 3oz at night every 2 hrs why this is so he refuse to take bottle when I tried Forcefully. He plays well and does not cry unless he is sleepy.
My new born baby is facing hiccup so many times in a day, so please tell me its normal course or any other issue, thanks.
My baby girl is 18 months and weighs 10. 4 kg. She is teething around 4 teeth simultaneously and thus not eating anything at all for past 1 week. If I try to force feed her she throws up. Please advise.
My 15 month old baby weight only 7 kg. At the time of her birth her weight was 2.5 kg. Pls help me out how to increase her weight. Is she normal. She is active.
My baby is 4 month old, he is suffering to do laterine. Doing 2days once. Request you to suggest wht needs to be done. I am feeding so do I need to change in food.
I have a 38 days old baby she is not sleeping properly is it safe to give pedicloryl to my baby can you suggest.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.