Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Megha PurohitYour feedback matters!
A great amount of research has been done on the negative implications of screen time on children and adolescents, but even adults are greatly affected and may suffer from certain health problems due to screen addiction.
The following are a few health implications that one should be aware of when it comes to screen addiction
- Restructuring of the brain: This health impact is as complex as it sounds. An increased amount of screen time definitely does affect the grey and white matter which form the brain. Restructuring of the brain generally takes place in hard core electronic device users, although those who do not use electronic devices very frequently may also be at an increased risk. Excessive screen addiction can lead to shrinkage of the grey matter and can hinder the effective functioning of white matter.
- You are more susceptible to diabetes, high BP and obesity: The long hours of sitting in front of the computer or watching videos on your tab can affect the metabolic syndrome of the body, resulting in bad health. In fact, your metabolic syndrome may still be affected even though you partake in physical activity such as walking or running after hours of sitting still.
- You may suffer from eye strain: There is a very common saying that goes ‘too much TV will make your eyes go square’, although this is not true, too much screen time does lead to severe eye problems, the most common of which is eye strain. It can also lead to retina damage and research shows that use of electronic devices such as phones and tabs at night hinders with sleep too.
- Increases mortality rate and risk of cardiovascular disease: Long hours of playing video games or working in front of the laptop does increase the chances of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, a recent study reveals that an unhealthy amount of screen time increased the chances of death to 52%. Even if you do diligent exercise, the damage to your health is more due to excess screen time, whereas exercise reduces mortality risk only up to 4%.
Thus, it is very important that you manage your screen time strictly and continue to live a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My period was missed from 12 th june consulted doctor after 1 week. She examined scanned and prescribed me a progesterone tablet for 5 days 2 tablets daily and told will get periods within 10 days after stopping tablet. Today is 10th day I don't get periods so I am confused what I should now. Am I pregnant or periods is delayed? Do I need to consult doctor or should I wait for few more days.
Hi, Please help. I had unprotected sex wth my hubby on 4th day of my periods. The next day afternoon I had ipill and my periods stopped completely. What r d chances of pregnancy n how to avoid it? M really very tensed kindly help.
Vaginismus is a condition where vaginal contractions and squeezes may be caused due to pain during intercourse or due to the insertion of objects like tampons. This mildly uncomfortable condition is also characterised by spams and other symptoms like the feeling of coming up against a thick wall which can cause pain. This may be due to a variety of reasons starting from infections to anxiety. To a large extent, the treatment of this condition depends on the cause. Following are the various ways in which this condition can be treated.
- Sex Therapy: A sexologist or an expert who specialises in psychosexual medicine can help in treating this condition by conducting a series of counselling sessions where psychoanalysis will help in understanding and unravelling the cause of the condition. This may be followed by CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy. This kind of therapy usually helps in reprogramming the brain after the root cause for the condition is known.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, the doctor may also teach you various kinds of exercises and vaginal trainers that can help you in strengthening the pelvic floor and relaxing the muscles as well. These vaginal trainers are especially helpful in equipping you suitably so that you can relax your vagina and let the insertion happen. Vaginal trainers consist of four smooth balls of plastic which can be inserted with the help of lubricants to help in stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax is also a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. This mode includes tensing and relaxing your muscles as you explore by inserting a finger.
- Sensate Focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation.
- Surgery: The last option for treating a very severe form of this condition is to put the patient through surgery which will seek to remove endometriosis, as these growths in the womb's lining can cause a lot of pain during intercourse. Also, vaginal enlargement surgery can be carried out with the help of episiotomy.
This kind of procedure usually helps in fixing the scar tissue that may have been left from a previous procedure, which can restrict or block the vaginal path. Getting help at the right time for this condition is of great importance so as to have a normal sex life.
I am 7 monthpregnent and my blood evel is only 9.1grm in my body what fruit and food and juice will increase my blood please suggest me. And if blood level will increase there is any complication during cesarean delivery.
My Bhabhi is pregnant and her baby is in tube not in Uterus as said by doctor. What to do now? Is there any way of shifting baby to uterus? Please help.
Hi Heavy pain during periods, scan report showing small fibroid outside, want to have a child, 31 years old
I have a problem of irregular period since the start of my period but after marriage I have regular period in 40-45 days interval. We are planning for baby since 4 months but did not get success. Please tell me what to do to get pregnant naturally.
I have doing sex with my fiance before 2 days but after 2 days she vomiting and not good health she is pregnant or not? I used the condom also.
I went for TB PCR test but another gync is recommending for MTBC test. Since I am trying to conceive I underwent TB PCR. What is the difference between the two and which is the best and why. I am very confused. Please help.
Hi, I am 24, sometime after 2 -3 days sudden inching starts happening in my vagina, but pain is not there. I dnt know why it happens kindly suggest me some medicine. It is happening from last 2-3 months.
I had sex on 18 Feb without protection .I took unwanted 72 on Feb 23 .But I checked in I- can pregnancy test and my result is negative on 24 February. But I have already taken unwanted 72 medicine .Now I am suffering from weakness and throat pain .What to do?
I have married a man who has 2 kids so we have decided not to have any kids. I want to know if a copper t can be inserted in body since I have not had any pregnancy and delivery can this be used as a contraceptive measure or should my husband opt for sterilization.
Having a fever makes you feel weak such that you don’t feel like doing anything. Medical treatment for flu includes usage of antiviral drugs as prescribed for decreasing the severity and duration of the infection. You may also consult your doctor to know about the antibiotics that can treat bacterial infections which may arise as an effect of flu. However, antibiotics are not always required for treating viral infections like flu. On the contrary, you can also follow a few home remedies to get rid of your suffering.
Home remedies for treating flu
You can treat flu by following a few home remedies like resting in bed and avoiding physical exertion. Hydration is very important and minor pains and aches can be relieved with over-the-counter medications as prescribed by the physician. You should avoid spreading the flu virus and germs and wash your hands often.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink ample amount of water, clear soup and fruit juices. Though flu causes appetite loss, you should not depend on water entirely, as it doesn’t contain enough amount of electrolytes that are required for your body to function optimally. Energy drinks can also help you in this respect. In case these products are not available, you can also prepare a homemade solution by mixing plain or rice water with sugar and a pinch of salt. You can also enhance the taste by adding orange juice and freshly cut bananas, and you can drink it right away irrespective of your age.
- Getting rid of cough: Though expectorants and cough suppressants would help the cough to subside, steam inhalations can also prove to be useful for opening a blocked nose. To create steam, pour water in a pot and heat it. After removing the pot from the stove, cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam. The water should be hot, but not boiling, and you can also add eucalyptus oil and few slices of ginger to the hot water. Another way is to steam up your bathroom by allowing the shower to run with hot water and inhale the moisture from the steamy room. You should refrain from touching hard surfaces where the viruses would remain alive. Sneeze and cough into a soft tissue or a handkerchief and carefully dispose of the tissues once they are used. If possible, stay away from people who have flu.
With these simple homemade tips, you would be able to control the symptoms of flu. But in case it does not subside, you shall have to seek medical assistance.
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated health professionals who are uniquely trained and authorized by Indian Dietetic Association to advise on diet, food
and nutrition. RDs support the nutritional health of a population through health promotion, disease prevention,treatment, support and rehabilitation.
Functions of an RD:
Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
Design a personalized meal plan for you
Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 15-30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
Reasons to see a Registered dietitian
Blood pressure control
Womens' health (osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Pregnancy (proper nutrition, management of gestational diabetes)