Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena HarisinghaniYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 24 years old and married. I just moved from India to Australia in August itself with my husband. My periods are usually normal but this month its 7 days late. I am really scared if i'm pregnant. Please suggest me what can I do because I don't want to be pregnant now. Can I induce my periods somehow? I ate papaya and had ginger tea as well yesterday but nothing happened. Please guide me.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 18th march. I took an I pill within 7hrs of sex. My period date is 23rd march but I started having bleeding on 20th march. Is it my regular period or withdrawal bleeding? Can I get an early period? Am I pregnant?
Since 2 years I am getting periods late. Than normal expected date even it comes as late as 20 days after the expected date can you please help me to get the periods regular I am very much worried always if I am pregnant .but my premenstrualsigns start before 10 of expected date and ends after my period starts .it is very painful in legs and my back.
I have not had sex but my boyfriend has touched my vagina with his penis and fingered me. Is it possible to get pregnant if he had a little bit of sperm on his hand and ma vagina?
I was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june missed second last pill of the pack doubled up last day. Took a break of 6 days on which I had my menses. Started new pack on 8th july had protected intercourse for the first time on 9th july. Bt the same condom has been used thrice. Then I had very protected intercourse on 14th then missed the pill for the first time in july on 21st july but doubled on 22nd july. I had a light bleeding on 22nd july morning. My pill pack ended on 28th july and my period started on 1 continued upto 6th aug. Hpt with first morning urine on 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. My period date was 1st aug as it did not occur till 9th. I did a serum beta hcg test comes out to be negative hcg level was 0.11.last intercourse was on 14th july no intercourse after that. Usg report shows bulky uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, cervix normal no collection at POD, no SOL seen. No collection at endometrial cavity. Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Doctor prescribed deviry 2 tabs for 5 days. After taking 2 doses I had my periods yesterday. And bleeding is heavy and red with thin structure. Will I continue with the pills further? Not feeling well in the pills feeling nauseated. What causes this bleeding. Is it normal period or breakthrough bleeding? Can I be pregnant. Even if I did not have any intercourse after 14th july and have my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug. Not taking pills since aug. Can I be pregnant? Can serum beta be wrong? Why the bleed is heavy after taking 2 doses of deviry.
Hi Dr. My period date on 9august 2016 Then 5september 2016 then 2october Now it comes on 25 October 2016. Is this cycle normal.
I am 4 months pregnant means 18 weeks. In last ultrasound in 3rd month of pregnancy doctor found low plactna.So what precautions should I do so that baby will not hurt as doctors said not to travel and dont go upstairs. Can I have intercourse once a week?
The procedure of breast reduction surgery-
Breast reduction surgeries can be conducted in an outpatient facility. You may have to stay for one night at a hospital as well. While performing this surgery, a patient is given general anaesthesia, which will make the patient asleep during the process.
Breast reduction surgery requires about two to five hours to be completed successfully. During the process, the surgeon will create a cut around the nipple and then on the breast. The cut is made in the shape of a keyhole. Extra skin, tissue and fat will be removed from the breast through the keyhole-shaped incision. Drainage tubes are also utilized for removal of excess skin and fat. After the removal is complete, and enough skin has been removed, the breasts are stitched. They are then wrapped in a special gauze. Sometimes, a surgical bra is required to be worn by the patient during the surgery.
Recovery from breast reduction surgery-
After a breast reduction surgery is performed, the patient must take a minimal one week off from any kind of work or school. Some women require two weeks or more to recover. However, this varies from patient to patient, but not more than three weeks are required for recovery.
You will be having a follow-up appointments with your surgeon, where the bandages and stitches on the breasts are removed.
As a part of the recovery process, a woman must abstain from all kinds of physical activities for one month following the surgery. After the surgery, it is likely for a patient to feel tired and experience breast pain. However, this is normal and you can have oral pain killers prescribed by your surgeon to get relief and ease. Heavy lifting should be strictly restricted.
Breast reduction surgery is an efficient cosmetic surgery, which enables women to reduce their breast size and volume. The results of such a surgery are quite satisfactory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Is it possible to be 9 weeks pregnant but still get negative urine pregnancy test results repeatedly multiple times? (tested every week for the past nine weeks starting from the date of last missed period. Negative result every time).
Hi I am 28 year old female married since 2 yrs. Actually my period was irregular since 6 months. My last period was 29 apr 16. So I went to local gynaecologist and for her prescribed I did prolactin test and the result was high abt 48 and having pcos by usg test. And then she suggested me to go for ct scan and I did that also but report was normal. But yesterday I came to know that I am I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am very much afraid whether to continue with pregnancy or go for abortion. I am afraid of that ct scan will affect my baby's growth. And what abt pcos. Please help me out. If I go for abortion will it affect to next baby or is there any chances of infertility in future? Please guide me. Thank you.
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
Infection caused in the kidneys, bladder, urethra or the ureters is known as urinary tract infection. According to doctors, women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition than men.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
We been trying to conceive since a year and half. I have pcos, the wrong calculation of days for follicular study led to late ovulation. Now that I have changed my doctor my periods are regular but its been 6 months, done two iui but both failed. Please let me know what can be done for early conception.
I am trying for getting pregnant from last one year. My doctor checked me on day 10th after period my left ovary and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 8.7 mm also day 13th it shows same. It is helpful me for getting pregnant. Pl. Suggest I am very confused what I do.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"