Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena HarisinghaniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 36 week pregnant and in my ultrasound report tell one loose loop of cord is seen around fetal neck. Doctor is that any problem for normal delivery. I want Normal what can I do?
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
Allopathic medicine seems to be the de facto choice when it comes to treating emergency issues, and this fact does have merit backing it up. However, when a person has a reasonably inconsequential issue; homoeopathic medicine is the way to go!
Acromegaly is a situation in which there is an excess of the growth hormone produced. The good news is that is treatable, but while it is so, the diagnosis is not always correct, in many of the cases. This leads to a delay in the treatment and a long time for Acromegaly to have its effects, which progressively get worse. Most people who get Acromegaly notice their hands and feet getting bigger. This usually starts off by a person’s ring not fitting on as smoothly as it used to or his or her shoes feeling a bit tighter than they were earlier.
When a person is looking for ways to treat the condition of Acromegaly that he or she has the unenviable prospect of having to face, it can be said that while there are cures in various fields of medicine, homeopathy can be said to be the most comprehensive way to treat all issues a person may experience when it comes to his or her health. The reason for this is the fact that unlike many other forms of medication which look to either just suppress the issue which is at hand or to direct the problem to be solved, homoeopathy is one of the few philosophies which is comprehensive enough to evaluate the entire body. This allows for a person to get better overall, rather than fire-fighting one health problem and soon finding himself or herself back at the doctor’s office in order to address the next one.
Finding cure in Homeopathy!
It is true that the common medicines which have a root in homoeopathy are made use of to treat Acromegaly. One of these happens to be pitu-gl while another is carcinosin. While the names may not be all that easy to pronounce, it can be said that the efficacy that these medicines have made them all the more worthwhile. These medicines have come as an answer to all the uncertainties and questions related to the treatment of acromegaly.
While it is true that Acromegaly can be a sticky condition to have to deal with but with homoeopathy, the improvement is almost at hand! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.