Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Whenever we intimate their is a white discharge comes out and makes my husband feel irritated and our love making scene turns up into fighting. This is very depressing and I feel I dnt satisfy my husband.
Sir my marriage is 1 year and 6 months old. But my wife didn't pregnant. I am try before to till no. Suggest me how can my wife get pregnant. Thanks.
Sir/Mam I did UPT test of my wife which was positive. I am considering that my wife is pregnant as her LMP is 10th of april. But till now I didn't saw early signs of pregnancy like nausea and etc. So is there anything for worry. Or what should I have to do now. And what precautions I have to take. As I want a baby. Kindly explain me everything please.
If you are pregnant and considering fasting during the festive season, it might not be a good idea. As per studies, fasting during any trimester of the pregnancy can have detrimental effects on the unborn child.
During the 1st trimester, your baby is in a very delicate stage. It is better not to fast during this period of time. Similarly, fasting during the 3rd trimester is also very much unsafe. However, if you are healthy and have no pregnancy-related complications then you can fast but only after consulting your doctor. Remember that your baby depends on you for food. So, it is always good to avoid going completely without food when on fasting during pregnancy.
Below given are a few tips to be followed by pregnant women when going on Navratri fasting:
- Consult your doctor: The doctor should always be consulted before deciding to fast. Different women have different risk levels, and there can be chances of diseases like diabetes and threats of miscarriage. The doctor will be the sole person to gauge the degree of risk associated and give a proper solution.
- Stay hydrated: Consume lots of water. This should be done to avoid dehydration. Dehydration can lead to hardening of tummy or cases of pre-term labor. It can also result in dry skin and mouth, fatigue, intense feelings of thirst and dark urine.
- Sleep well: While fasting, pregnant women experience a lot of stress compared to others. There is the combined physical exertion of pregnancy and fasting. This can take a serious toll on health. It is always advisable that they sleep for long and stay relaxed.
- Eat healthily: Eating healthy is very important as then only, the baby will get enough nutrients. In this regard, a healthy diet plan, given by the doctor should be followed. Consumption of 2-3 types of fruits throughout the day is essential as they are rich in natural sugars and minerals. This helps in maintaining the energy levels of the body. Moreover, the fast should always be broken with healthy and nutritious foods. As the body does not get food, for the entire day, gobbling something deep fried and oily after the fast ends, is not at all a good idea. High sugar foods or caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea should be avoided during fast.
- Look out for warning signs: The would-be mother should always look out for warning signs. This includes severe dehydration, weight loss, constipation, indigestion, nausea, dizziness, headaches, lethargy, fever and even a reduction of the baby’s movement inside the womb. These are indications that the body cannot cope with the stress associated with fasting. These physical conditions should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Keep these important tips in mind in order to enjoy the festive spirit along with a healthy and safe pregnancy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.