Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meena ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I am 6 months pregnant and currently travelling in sikkim. Due to hilly and zigzag roads, I am suffering from vomiting 2 times a day during journey. What medication shall I take now to have control on nausea and vomiting?
This is 27 yrs old with pcod. I had 3 injections of fsh respectively 11th, 14th, 16th day by this time ovum size is 17mm, my docotor said, no need for further injection, automatically size will increase. On 20th day (may- 6th) I had ovulation induction injection. 2 weeks later I got weak positive urine test. After a week I got periods. Now I am in 2nd round of injection I had 3 fsh 2ml, still my egg size is 13mm, day is 18. What to do? what may the reason. Please reply.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive.
While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions.
Infertility Symptoms in Women
In women, changes in the menstrual cycle and ovulation may be a symptom of a disease related to infertility. Symptoms include:
- Abnormal periods. Bleeding is heavier or lighter than usual.
- Irregular periods. The number of days in between each period varies each month.
- No periods. You have never had a period, or periods suddenly stop.
- Painful periods. Back pain, pelvic pain, and cramping may happen.
Treatment: Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, intrauterine insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery. Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and art or assistive reproductive technology.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like in vitro fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is pregnant with 32 weeks recently usg shows AFI=18 (liquor on high side) and borderline ventriculomegaly. Is there any risk or problem with baby?
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
Onions, like other members of the allium family, are high in flavonoids and powerful antioxidants known to prevent many diseases in the body. Quercetin, which in recent studies has been shown to prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol from attaching to the walls of our arteries and also preventing the sticking together of blood platelets and the formation of clots. A 2006 British study shows that people who eat the most quercetin-rich foods (particularly onion soup in this study) have reduced their risk of thrombosis and cardiovascular disease. Quercetin has also been used to stop tumors from growing and is often used for cancer prevention.
Other Medicinal Uses
A compress can be applied to the skin to relieve acne, arthritis and congestion
Relieves intestinal disorders
Prevents tooth decay
Stimulating hair growth
Here are types and procedures and detail description of Surrogacy.
Dear doctor, I got my period on 05.01.2017. My last period before that was on 23.11.2016. I took an emergency contraceptive pill in December and I didn't get my period that month. It got delayed and I got it on the 5th of January. When are the days I can have unprotected sex now this month without falling pregnant? Kindly let me know please.
My periods is not happened in this month and white white something discharge from vagina .what is that white white discharge and why it occur?
Sir pregnency ke liye sex karte time virya yoni mein kab release karna chahiye ya kabhi bhi relealse karr sakte hai please guide me sir. I realy thankful to you ji.
I HAVE got my CAROTID DOPPLER REPORT Both common carotid arteries are normal in course and caliber with normal age related internal thickening. Colour doppler imaging reveals normal colour filling. Spectral traces show normal wave form and flow velocities Right CCA 0.62M/SEC LEFT cca 0.67n/sec Opinion right carotid bulb showing soft hypoechoic plaque in the medial wall causing 33% luminal narrowing. The plaque is going into proximal part of ICA PLEASE ADVISE I AM SO DEPRESSED.
Turmeric or haldi in combination with milk can have unimaginable effects on your health. It is also an amazing mixture for personal care. Haldi milk for long has been a great naturopathic remedy to counter your day-to-day issues related to health. The benefits of this concoction must have been drilled into your head by several bollywood flicks that use it as a potent trope. In case you are still unaware, go through the following points.
You can experience the advantages of haldi milk in these many ways:
- It helps to treat common cold: A running nose and a clogged throat can be gotten rid of by drinking warm turmeric milk. Common cold is a recurrent problem bothering most people. It cures the soreness in one's throat and is also sought after because of its antibacterial or antiviral properties.
- If you suffer from body aches, this drink will give you relief: Athletes are particularly fond of this golden drink as it adds strength to a person's overall structure. Haldi milk makes the joints of your body sturdy; especially your spine.
- It is great for the health of your liver: If you have a problematic liver that keeps giving you a hard time, you should try drinking haldi milk. Haldi is known for its positive effects on one's lymphatic system. It can purify your blood by eliminating impurities in it, thus further accelerating liver function.
- You must see how it stalls the growth of cancer cells: Cancer is one threatening disease that once contracted, is hard to be curbed. Haldi can effectively stall the growth and multiplication of cancer cells in case of breast, lungs, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Painful menstruations can be taken care of now: If menstrual cramps turn you into an irritable, curled up mass, you should surely go for turmeric milk. There is no point in bearing with intolerable pain for ven a few days of the month when a solution as handy as this is available for you. It acts as an antispasmodic and pregnant women drink it to ensure smooth delivery.
- Sleepless nights can be kept at bay: Amino acids are required for a good eight hours of sleep. Haldi milk contains tryptophan which is a sleep inducing amino acid.
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.