Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Md. AftabYour feedback matters!
Children are constantly falling prey to coughs and colds and viral infections. A strong immune system is the only way to protect them from such illnesses. Our immune system develops as we grow. For this reason, many doctors consider the occasional bout of cold or flu to be a good thing for 6-8 year olds. This helps build their immune system. Here are a few other ways you can boost their immune system.
- Breastfeed your baby: It is recommended that you should breastfeed your baby for as long as possible up to a year. Colostrums or the milk produced during the first few days after a baby's birth is extremely rich in antibodies that fight a number of diseases. The white blood cells in breast milk can protect your baby against ear infections, allergies, indigestion, urinary tract infections and lower their risk of suffering from diabetes, colitis, Crohn's disease and some forms of cancer later in their life.
- Have a fiber rich diet: Give your child plenty of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet. These are rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients can increase the body's production of white blood cells and interferon. Interferon is an antibody coating cell surfaces that block viruses. Such a diet can also help a child build immunity against cancer and heart diseases later in life.
- Quality sleep: Sleep deprivation can increase your susceptibility to illnesses by lowering the production of white blood cells and weakening the immune system. Insist on your child getting adequate sleep. While a newborn may need 18 hours of sleep a day, toddlers require 12-13 hours of sleep. Preschoolers need at least 10 hours of sleep a day. If it isn't possible for your child to get his or her sleep in one go, encourage them to take a nap in the afternoons.
- Exercise: Regular exercise boosts the production of white blood cells. To encourage your children to get away from computers and television, make exercise a family activity. Exercising will also help them release their energy and allow them to have a better sleep.
- Prevent the Spreading of Germs: From an early age, you must inculcate good hygiene habits in your children. Teach them to wash their hands with soap before and after a meal, every time they come into the house from outdoors and after using the toilet. Disposing of a child's personal items such as toothbrushes after they have had an infection can also keep the germs from spreading.
Hi, I am married for 5 years and having low sperm count. 1* only. please help me. His wife wants to be a mother.
Dear dr, I am having phimosis. Whether with this as my penis foreskin is not retracting. Intercourse with women possible with this or any other remedy is available. Kindly advise me. Thanks.
I am diabetic 26 years old. 9 months ago my hba1c 7.9 comes. After that I control diet snd do regular exercise .taking metformin now hba1c is 4.9.wat my hba1c suggests how percent my pancreas is dead?
I am filling tired and I am worried by swapndosh. I want to the solution of this problem. Please suggest me and told me any idea about my problem.
My teeth is pressed with a table in the last weak because I had height teeth after I pressing my teeth in table I had full of headache. Why I had full headache and is there is any link to the teeth and head and is there is any effect to the my brain and I will pressing my teeth to the table more times every time I had headache when I press my press my teeth in to the table.
Hello doc, I am aware of side effects of masturbation, my question is is it OK to watch porn without masturbation?
Sir I am Suffering from ulcerative colitis since September 2015 and I recovered it in December 2015 but now problem started blood in stool, abdominal pain, emergency in toilet and weakness. Now my Dr. Told me to we have last option and I have take steroid now. So what can I do now.
From last 1 year I'm facing some slurring of speech in pronouncing words with 's'.Earlier I had never an issue and I had very clear diction. I'm afraid that it may be due to thyroid (hypothyroidism) issues which I have for some time. My latest thyroid report shows TSH - 8.1, T3 and T4 are in normal range. In my previous reports from last 4 years TSH has been in range of 5-6 .T3 and T4 in normal range though towards lower scale. 4 years before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and since then I am on hypertension medication .I take Telma-h 40 mg and my BP is now in control. I also had moderately high cholesterol earlier and I also take LILO - 10 mg. My latest lipid profile is normal except HDL - 36 (range 40 - 60) which is slightly borderline. TSH has also been slightly higher since my diagnosis 4 years earlier but I have never taken its medication coz it was never very high and T3, T4 were normal. Can speech slurring be thyroid related issue and I should consult?
I have a headache problem. My brain has paining a lot since last night and my whole body feel very weak and my whole body are getting hot thts y m not unable to even walk. I dont know what is happening inside my body. Please help me to check this out.
I suffer cold cough weak digestion sour belching since childhood. I am good for few days then I get those problems. Its on regular basis. I just want to get rid of this forever. I am fed up treating it. Let me know medicine that will not fall me sick ever again.
I am 72 years old male and have gone through CABS and mitral valve repair about 3 yrs. Back I have to extract my broken wisdom tooth Pl let me know what precautions should I take. I am on following drugs atorfit10 clopidogrel and atorvastatin, amlog and seloken75. Mg please let me know what precautions should I take before and after the surgery.
She gets headache monthly May be after a travel or strain or due to walking in sun or lack of sleep each time she gets, it lasts for 2 days What's the reason, prescription and nutrition to be take? Please suggest.
I am student of Engineering, during my exam days I used to read in night. After some days I was feeling uncomfortable I couldn't eat too much sometime I feel vomit. Is this happen for awake in night or something else? Regards.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1.Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate withholding often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of physical activity: the digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and medication: infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool softeners and laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.