Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mausami
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MausamiYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor, i would like to know the reason for getting rupture of uterus of a healthy lady age about 40 year who has never undergone for any lscs and also all the three previous labour was delivered as a normal delivery.
Hi, A female of 23 years old who is expected of her monthly menstruation on 4 April and she got last period on 6 March as she gets regular correct cycle. She is going to Beach Holidays from 4 April. Therefore she wants to escape from period during these days. 4 April to 11 April. Please advise if any medicine for postpone or get immediate blood.
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.
I have 31st week pregnancy. .i have gained 15 kgs of weight. .but Dr. Said my baby is not big enough. .what should I do. .pls reply.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Related Tip: Almond vs. Walnuts - Which nut is best for you??