Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MausamiYour feedback matters!
My cousin is suffering from Frenulum breve , he has full erection but his foreskin doesn't retract fully. Please treatment should not have anything related to circumcision.
Hey I got sex with my gf 2 months ago and after afer 2 days I give her ipill then in 14 days she get her periods now after 2 months she get the pregnancy test and that is negative and now she is not getting ger regular periods is there any chances of pregnancy.
I have hypothyroid my period dates come two three days before in my last month date I want to conceive pls help me.
After 2 years no baby try so many times and also contacted different doctor but all in vain. Please suggest.
My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. How do it effect. We only had sex for 3 times. Any reason for infection.
My last period came on 26th July and it off on 2nd august. Than how many days it becomes missing my period, if today is 16th September!
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I can't resist my sleep. I took a full sleep of seven hours still sleep while reading or writing. I am interested in studies. My periods are not regular.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I had protected sex with my girlfriend. But from her vagina something brown brown coming. I don't know what to do. If any chances for pregnancy Her periods is not regular bcoz of sum issues. Is there any chances of pregnancy?
Hi I'm 36 years old my periods r irregular & ihv hypothyroidism for which I take medication. .as I'm slightly overweight to .we already went for Ivf treatment twice but it was unsuccessful im worried shld I try for 3rd time or not if yes can you please suggest any food which boost up my chances to get pregnant, & my husband's sperm count is low. And he doesn't want to take any multivitamin for that.
My breast pains 4-5 days before periods. This has started one month ago. When I get a jerk in body ,any how, it pains little. I am having homeopathy medicine to remove pimples and pain during periods for 6 months. I did my ultrasound, but nothing was positive. Please diagnose me.
I'm 21 yrs old. Unmarried. I have leucorrhoea problem over 4 months ago. But not continuously, only some days. Thats lik milky color nd fishy smell too. Sometime its lik rheum. sometimes I had some pain little tym in my lower stomach when I feel discharge my vagina then automatically pain was gone. Its normal or abnormal. How to overcome this pblm using home remedies?
Suffering from extreme fatigue, heavy head. 21 day onwards of infection. Herpes detected Elisa on 21 day negative 12 days of weakness.PLease tell.
Doctor prescribe duphaston 10 mg to my wife for 1 mnth. My wife has 20 days pregnancy. Is duphaston 10 mg is safe for my newborn baby nd wife? What is the reason of taking duphaston 10mg in pregnancy? Please sir help.
I am suffering from an unknown disease since 4to 5 months I had a medical check-up from more than 5 to 6 doctors including neuro surgeon and general physician after several blood tests city scans they said I have no disease only kamjori and blackness of blood. Well the symptoms which I am suffering is periodically I get in sleep and in this sleep my teeth are not movable they got fixed I am able to hear all the sounds from my surroundings but not able to open my eyes and not ablw to speak these sleep happens normally 1-2 times a day at the starting for approx half an hour but gradually time period extends now to 7-8 hours the time period isn't fixed sometime I awake after 2 hours sometimes it get 4to 5 hoursvand in the worse condition it reaches 7 to 8 hours. One thing I want to mention here that in the sleep my mouth periodically release a vast amount of liquid I don't know whether it is saliva it looks like detergent boubles please guide me from what disease I am suffering. I takes several medicines and health tonics also given by several doctors the only one thing all doctor did is whenever I am in sleep condition they gave me glucose in body.
Infertility is the most common problem faced now-a-days. It is an inability to conceive by a couple after one year of regular intercourse without contraception. Apart of disease pathology, cause of the infertility may also be improper diet and lifestyle. Obesity, improper food habits, environmental factor, advanced maternal age, drinking habit, smoking, less sleep, illicit drugs like opiates, heroin, marijuana etc; some medicines like antidepressants, antibiotics, improper use of mobile phones and tight fitting clothes are some of the common causes of infertility. Prevention through management and lifestyle will reduce the risk by many fiold.
Dont8 - 8. Don't eat unpasteurized milk products
Calcium is very important for growing babies, but moms have to be careful how they get their calcium from dairy. Raw milk is not recommended for expecting mothers. Raw milk is unpasteurized. That means it has not been heated to kill bacteria that could make you ill.