Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManuYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend yesterday night so I'm not sure about whether sperm entered or not so if not, is that right to take Emergency contraceptive pill?
Q: I had already put a ques that I do not know whether I am pregnant or not but I want my periods back. I am going to explain full situation and I am expecting an explained advice. Please cooperate. See I had sex with my bf on 29th nov (7-8 day of my periods). Small amount of his sperm entered in my vagina so I took I pill within 6 hrs and I had bleeding after 2-3 days which lasted for 4-5 days, ok ok flow. Then I took pregnancy test using preganews on 31 dec and it came out negative, again I did pregnancy test as per the advice given by the doctors and again the test was negative but still I had no periods and I want my periods back. This is the situation and please inform me what should I do? Please understand I want to confirm whether I am preg or not without going hospital and also want my periods back for which I can go hospital but after confirming that I am not preg. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Sir I need urgent reply kindly response soon sir my frnd she is worrying of delaying period last month 13th she had date and it has to be done this month 13th bt until now not yet her date even she has health upset last week blood deficit and she had exam also it has over last day and wrk there in home and make sure about prgncy not there sir.
My wife is 6 week pregnant, we met a Doc and she did Us and said that no heart beat and asked us to come 2 week later, and I did browsing on this usually at the stage of 6 week hear beat will be heard so I want to know what care should I take for good results.
Whether you’ve had a love marriage or an arranged marriage, it is impossible for two people to live together without experiencing a conflict of opinions at some point or the other. After all, each of us has our own unique personalities, habits and idiosyncrasies. Thus the key to a successful marriage is not finding ways to avoid conflicts, but discovering how to deal with them. Here are a few tips that could help you build a stronger relationship with your spouse.
Communicate with Your Partner
Nobody except you can ever know what you’re feeling unless you share it with them. Many conflicts begin when one partner expects the other to be able to read their mind. If something is bothering you, don’t express yourself rudely, but sit the other person down and explain what and how you are feeling. Listening to what your partner has to say is equally important. Keep an open mind and try putting yourself in the other person’s shoes.
1. Be respectful: Feeling hurt is no excuse to start abusing or blaming the other person. Understand that if you begin an argument by shouting at your partner, he or she will turn defensive and not be able to completely understand what you are trying to say. Belittling a person can also shift focus away from the actual problem. Respect your partner and do not start an argument in front of other people or put him or her down in company.
2. Pick the right time: Never start an argument when you or your spouse are stressed or tired. In such a frame of mind, it is easier to get irritated with the other person than understand their views. When you are trying to resolve a conflict, the problem and your spouse should have your complete attention. Hence, don’t try and multitask by cooking or catching up with work while resolving a conflict. This applies even if you are talking to your spouse over the telephone.
3. Take time out: Tempers often flare when talking about a sore point. However, be aware that getting angry or agitated will not solve anything. The moment you find yourself or your partner feeling too upset or negative, take a time out from the situation. Tell your partner that you need some time and walk away quietly. You can resume your conversation when you are both feeling calmer. However, do not use this time out as an excuse to avoid resolving the issue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Word ‘Laparoscopy’ is derived from ancient greek language “lapara + skopeo” i.e. “λαπάρα + σκοπέω”.
Lapara means 'flank, side’ and skopeo means ‘to see'. Hence laparoscopy’s literal meaning is “a procedure / operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis through which the abdominal contents are seen.”
To look inside tummy (abdomen) an instrument is used which is called a ‘laparoscope’. A laparoscope is a thin telescope with an attachment for light. It is used to light up and magnify the structures inside the abdomen. A laparoscope is passed into the abdomen through a small cut (incision) in the skin.
In addition to simply looking inside the abdomen (laparoscopy), surgery can be performed while seeing the abdominal organs with laparoscope. In this combination, the procedure is called as ‘Laparoscopic Surgery’. Generally, 0.5-1 cm incisions are used in laparoscopic surgery. Each incision is called a “port.” At each port a tubular instrument is inserted known as a trocar. At the beginning of the procedure, the abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide gas to provide a working and viewing space for the surgeon. The laparoscope has an attachment with a camera and light which transmits images from the abdominal cavity to high-resolution video monitors in the operating room. During the operation, detailed images of the abdominal organs are displayed on the monitor and surgery is performed with using special laparoscopic instruments which are, also, passed into the abdomen through another trocar. This system allows the surgeon to perform the same operations as traditional surgery but with smaller incisions.
Laparoscopic surgery, in other words, is different way of performing surgery in which the surgical steps remain the same as open surgery, but it is performed with special instruments with small abdominal incisions. Now these days laparoscopic surgeries are performed with the use of sophisticated medical grade cameras, telescopes, laparoscopic surgical instruments and refined energy sources.
“Laparoscopic Surgery” is known with various names
- Keyhole surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
- Minimal Access Surgery (MAS)
- Band-Aid surgery
- Scar less Surgery
In certain situations, a surgeon may choose to use a special type of port that is large enough to insert a hand. When a hand port is used, the surgical technique is called “hand assisted” laparoscopy. The incision required for the hand port is larger than the other laparoscopic incisions, but is usually smaller than the incision required for traditional surgery.
Dear Sir/Mam I hav read somewhere on net that by doing oral sex with women there are strong chances of having throat cancer? please tell me about the adverse effect of oral sex.
If you are stressed and wondering if this anxiety will affect the health of your child, you can be assured that you will have an uncomplicated childbirth and a healthy baby. It is absolutely normal to be stressed to some extent regarding the changes that are taking place in your life and to your body. But that doesn’t mean you can be stressed all the time and if this is the case with you, then you should seek professional help as high anxiety levels can adversely affect the health of your baby. This is because the cortisol or stress hormone may cross the placenta and create an impact on the emotional development of the baby.
There are various ways of staying stress free during pregnancy, and they are simple enough to be incorporated in your daily routine.
- Take enough rest and concentrate on your baby: It is good for you and the baby if you relax. You should sing and talk to your baby and you will be happy to know that he or she can hear you from around 23rd week. This would also allow you to bond better with your child after the birth takes place.
- Talk about your stress with people you trust: If you have any tension or worries regarding your child’s well-being, you can always communicate it to your best friend, your mother or anyone you faith in. You should never hesitate to be honest about your thoughts and feelings, and when you are true to yourself, you are likely to receive the support you require. You should talk to your partner as well and you may be surprised to know that both of you share similar worries and that your partner has some concerns that you are unaware about.
- Eat well and stay healthy: Eating tasty as well as nutritious food is good for your mind and body. Take in as many minerals, vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids as you can, as these will help in elevating your mood. It is believed that the amino acid named tryptophan can help you get rid of all the tensions and boost your mood. It also helps in raising the levels of serotonin and melatonin that allow you to sleep better and make you feel well rested.
With little exercise and pampering, you will be able to reduce the stress and feel comfortable about your pregnancy. But in case you feel that you are stressed out without any control, you must consider consulting a doctor.