Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manju SinghYour feedback matters!
I am a virgin. Age 22. My vaginal opening is very small. Periods are regular. Is my hymen intact? Does a small opening means tight vagina? Please help. Thank you!
Deficiency or loss of calcium and phosphorus in the bones among other minerals causes the bones to go weak. With passage of time, some people develop a bone condition where the bone mineral density (bmd) goes very low. This condition is called osteopenia and it is now a very common problem. When the bone density goes even below than what it is in osteopenia, then the person develops osteoporosis. Although it is not mandatory that whoever has osteopenia will end up with osteoporosis as well. Fact is, it is very difficult to notice the signs of osteopenia. Just like osteoporosis, it could be present in your body for years, before your find out that you got the problem. Although we call all weakness of bone as osteoporosis, weakness of bone due to deficiency of calcium and vitamin d are clinically called osteomalacia. To label it as osteoporosis, bone should be weak with a normal blood calcium and vitamin d levels.
The symptoms of osteopenia are:
1. Extreme pain when fracture: this condition doesn't cause any physical pain in normal life. The only time one will experience immense pain is, if there is a fracture in the bone. On the flipside, a lot of fractures occur because of osteoporosis.
2. Receding gums: this symptom is quite a surprise and one we don't usually imagine it to be. While receding gums could be the symptom for many problems, it is one of the symptoms of osteopenia.
3. Brittle nails: if you have weak and brittle fingernails, this is a direct indication of your bone health.
4. Shrinking with age: as we age, we tend to lose height. This happens to those with vertebral fractures and poor postures. In both the conditions, this could be a symptom of osteopenia.
5. Dehydration: in some very rare cases, extreme dehydration has been a silent cause. So if you are suffering from side effects of dehydration, keep a check on your bones too.
6. Pcos: irregular periods in women is also something that could be a symptom for many irregularities, but pcos can also lead to osteopenia as are eating disorder or over exercising.
Earliest symptoms of osteopenia is generalised tiredness, easy fatiguability and vague body or joint pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I had sex in december during my periods. But had periods on jan. The date for periods this month is on 13th feb. Im suffering from fever but today I puked mostly cough and saliva. Is it possible that i'm pregnant? I do not crave for any particular food or do not feel dizzy. I do not have problem with any kind of smell. I have used condom last time while sex. I do not feel any movement and pain on my tummy. Please help me cause i'm totally anxious.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.