Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju SharmaYour feedback matters!
Large breasts are not just aesthetically unappealing but can also lead to a lot of structural problems including neck and back pain. This condition, called macromastia, is when either breast weighs more than 500 g. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is aimed at reducing the size of the breasts followed by reshaping them if required. This will not just produce an aesthetically appealing image for the person but also can help relieve problems like neck and back pain.
Indications - When should you have breast reduction?
- There is constant back, shoulder, head, and/or neck pain
- Constant irritation of skin under the breasts
- Breathing difficulty
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- Poor posture
- Numbness in parts of the breasts and upper chest due to excessive weight
- Unhappy with the overall appearance
While these are the problems that mandate breast reduction, the following is a pointer towards who can go for the surgery. Needless to say, not everybody is a candidate.
- The person should have overall good health
- No active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Skin has adequate elasticity and can resume a firm consistency after the surgery
- Emotional and mental stability with loads of patience
- Done with childbirth and breastfeeding
- Be practical and have realistic expectations from the surgery
Overview of the procedure:
It is most often a combination of liposuction and gland reduction. Liposuction forms a small part of the procedure and it is the gland reshaping that actually reduces the size. There are many ways to do it and different surgeons may prefer different techniques depending on the size of the breast, quality of the skin, expectation of the patient. The two most common ways are one in which the final scars lie around the areola and vertically downwards and the other in which the scar is anchor shaped with an additional horizontal limb along the breast crease under the breast.
To achieve the best desired results, the first step is to have a detailed discussion. A thorough physical examination followed by mammographic evaluation will help arrive at the best possible technique. Along with the desired results, also discuss side effects, limitations, risks, postoperative care, recovery, and of course costs. Other factors are also to be considered including age, gestational history, feeding history, medication allergies, and detailed medical history including bleeding disorders, lung disorders, cardiac issues, etc.
A decision is then finally made to go ahead with breast reduction, which will not just improve her looks but also her confidence and relieve her of problems that back ache and neck pain.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Health benefits? of ?tomato:
- Aids in digestion?
- Improves ?vision?
- Prevents ?gallstones?
- Lowers hypertension?
- Good source of antioxidants?
- Prevents ?urinary? ?tract? ?infections?
- Reduces ?cholesterol? & protects heart?
- Counters bad effects of ?cigarette? ?smoke?
- Reduces ?oxidative? ?stress? of type 2 diabetes
Hello, I am married me and my wife are 24 both. My question is we are having protected regular sex using only condom. Can she conceive easily after 1 year?
I am 19 years old. I got too much pain in my belly and pelvic area during period. Only this time I got these horrible pains. Is it normal? Please help me.
I am 20years old female. Im sexually active. I hv a history of irregular periods. I had unprotected intercourse on 24th jan and had a ipill within 3hrs. again had sex on 5th feb bt unfortunately the condom broke and had to take an ipill again within 3hrs of d act. I had a due date of 8th march for my periods bt yet nt received it. I did a hpt on 17th march n ut came out negative. I have bloating from past couple of days. I am really stressed. Any chances of pregnancy? When will I get my periods? Has d pill delayed my periods?
In july 18 th had my period, in august 2nd I had sex, in august 12 th I had my period its september 16 th still I have not my period is it is possibilities to get pregnancy.
Hello my friend 23 year old n unmarried girl she got irritation near to her vagina its really irritated please suggest me any medicine or home remedy for relief.
I think girl is less masturbate rather than boy Less feeling sex rather than boys and in girls night fall also less than boys man Why is it its behind the reason of period mensuration Am I right give me knowing about it.
Most women tend to ignore their own well-being. A woman's health deteriorates faster as she ages, therefore women must go for complete body checkups regularly. Here are few symptoms to be cautious about and if you notice any of these, do visit your doctor soon.
1. A lump or a cyst - a breast lump is not to be ignored. If you detect/feel a suspicious breast lump, remember it could be a cyst. Now the cyst could be benign or otherwise, best to let the specialists find that out for you. Get a breast examination done at the soonest.
2. Shortness of breath - this is a very common problem amongst women and is an indicator for cardiac problems, even an impending heart attack. If shortness of breath is a common occurrence, also followed by fatigue, dizziness, etc, schedule a check-up pronto. Chest pain and nausea should be given immediate medical assistance.
3. Inability to sleep - an occasional sleepless night is fine but if this has become a habit and you have major difficulty in falling asleep regularly, this could be an issue. This usually happens to women when they enter menopause. Women need to get ample sleep, and if there are disturbances in your sleep, please consult your doctor.
4. Headaches - frequent headaches which occur at levels which are unbearable are not to be taken lightly. Headaches could be symptoms of stroke, brain infections or tumor or other ailments.
5. Pain in intercourse - sex should not be painful. If it hurts, something is wrong and your body is most likely trying to tell you something. This could be to do with any of the gynecological problems, so better see your ob-gyn soon.
I am a 27 year old female I HV 8 months baby by normal delivery. But now I have hair loss problem what should I do?
Hi I am 24 years old wen ever I have sex with my husband and the sperm is realized from him it cums out of my private part will I get pregnant.
I was aborted 15 months back using medicine. I am having irregular periods. Last time I had periods on 1 Dec, 2016.since then I am not having periods. Moreover I am having problem in my urination. I feel it to be incomplete. I had to force to excrete out the remaining. And it comes out little by little. Today I had my urine test for pregnancy and it was negative. I don't understand why is it happening. What should I do? What tests should I go through to know the exact problem? Whom to consult? Please suggest me the reason and solution.
My first baby was premature 8th months with 900 gms, now she is pregnant, so one of doctor advised me to stich or tie the uterus. Is it advisable?
Hello doctor, my wife is 7 month pregnant having pain in lower abdomen, what is the problem it happen when she sleep or try to lay straight.
I am not getting pregnancy after 10 month of our marriage even we have sex regularly but he not approach for it. If there is some sex condition for get easily pregnancy? My husband is addict of smoking and drinking is it the reason of it? My all reports are positive to get it.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.