Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju K MaliYour feedback matters!
Toe Walking: What You Need to Know
Some children walk on their toes rather than their feet. This looks similar to standing on your “tiptoes.”
- Toe walking is common among infants first learning to walk.
- A majority of children will stop toe walking on their own without intervention.
- Physical therapy, bracing and casting are used to treat toe walking, with surgical procedures available if these methods are unsuccessful.
What is toe walking?
Toe walking is when a child walks on the toes or ball of the foot without the heel or other parts of the foot coming in contact with the floor. Sometimes there is an underlying condition that can cause a child to walk on the toes, but other times there is not.
What are the symptoms of toe walking?
Children who persistently toe walk may develop tightness in their ankles and benefit from treatments that stretch the calf muscle.
Toe Walking Diagnosis
A physical exam is usually all that is needed to diagnose toe walking, but during the exam, the provider will also assess the child’s gait, range of motion and muscle tone.
Children should also be assessed for any neurologic abnormalities that could be contributing to the toe walking. Sometimes a child can be found to have a muscle tone imbalance or neurological finding that prompts further evaluation for an underlying cause of the toe walking. But if there are no abnormal findings, the child likely has idiopathic toe walking, meaning there is no found reason for the toe walking other than that he or she has a preference to do so.
Toe Walking Treatment
1. Physical Therapy
Several sessions to work on stretching the tight muscles may be beneficial to decrease the amount of toe walking. Children will also benefit from completing stretching exercises at home.
Some children may benefit from an ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) to help encourage a flat foot with walking. The AFO is a custom brace used during the daytime to help stretch and encourage a flat foot position. If worn at night, the AFO can help stretch the tight muscles while a child is sleeping.
3. Serial Casting
Short leg casts can be applied for one- to two-week intervals to progressively work on stretching the tight muscles and improving the position of the foot and ankle. Children are able to walk in these casts. The addition of Botox injections to help stretch the tight muscles in casts may be more effective in some children.
4. Achilles Tendon or Gastrocnemius Lengthening
When physical therapy and serial casting are ineffective in correcting the tight ankle, a surgery may be necessary to achieve a flat foot position with walking. A lengthening is a surgical procedure in which the tight Achilles tendon or gastrocnemius muscle is lengthened to allow greater range of motion and function of the foot and ankle. The lengthening also allows children to better tolerate AFOs and achieve a flat foot position with walking.
I am 27 yr old. I have no problem in a body about 23months I take medicine for pregnancy. But no result. My Dr. told me that. Go for a icsi treatment. But am so confused and disappointed now. I really don't want to do icsi but I have not another choice. Tell me what to do or what not to do,
My wife had help syndrome in first pregnancy that is jaundice and bleeding problem how much is the chance for her getting it in 2 pregnancy?
Periods on 07-02-16. Last 2 days fully tiredness, if I eat tasteless, omit sensation. Backache like periods. I do not know what is it. Kindly tell me I want to consult doctor today. Kindly inform me at the earliest.
I had a unprotected sex but he pulled out before ejaculate this was done on or before jan 18th n I got my periods on jan 29th. But I missed my feb month periods .its march 15th but I did not get periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy.
Doctor I am married before 5 months. While we are waiting for pregnancy periods is came after 55 days. Then we check out doctor and they give me folinine tablet for 30 days. What is the use of this tablet. I have to know that is it possible to get pregnant.
Is the gender prediction chart true if your planing to conceive and want a baby of a particular sex?
Hi. My age is 24. I was diagnosed with atypical endometriosis in my right ovary last September. However I got pregnant all Naturally. I am now 24 weeks, 4 days pregnant. All my reports are normal till date. I want to know if there is any risk because of the endometriosis. Will dere be any complications. If so what necessary precautions can I take. Pls reply. It will be of great help.
Is there any treatment for endometriosis in homeopath? M having pushtilla 200 but cysts have come up again?
My periods are not happening in the time. N when I go through my period days I suffer from severe stomach ache.
How many days should I wait to have sex after delivery and also I want to avoid pregnancy as I have very small kid. How to avoid it. As I am feeding I am not getting menses so how can I know if by mistake I am conceiving. please help me.
I am 38 and my girlfriend is 37 years old we had unprotected sex first time on 7th day of her periods she was clear no bleeding , but immediately within one hr she had I pill (contraceptive pill) , after 15 days she had bleeding which was for one day and slight abdominal pain now she is fine but is it had I pill didn't work and she will get pregnant? Please help.
Hello sir, I am prince sir I have one question about my wife. She is suffering on period and period also come only one day. Why period come only one day last period is normal 3 day but this time come only one day.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.