Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ManjuYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had my last period on 29th may later I had unprotected intercourse on 15th june n I did not get my periods later on 4th july I had urine test n it showed positive result and on 8th july I took pills to avoid pregnancy n on 9th july I observed my periods which lasted till 13th july n bleeding was not so heavy as I know. Later on 28th july I had sonography which showed no sign of pregnancy & on 6th & 10th july I went lab for urine test results were again negative. But still I have not got my periods can you please suggest me is there possibility to b still pregnant & if so what to do as m too stressed because of delay again in periods this month? please suggest me what to do n when it will be becoming normal? How long will it take time please advice me as I am too panic and its 12th august still no periods?
I had sex on 9th Jan n I take I pill within 8-9hrs after having sex but again I have sex on 16 th but without he throughout outside the sperm. Why I m not having my periods plzz help.
Im 6 month pregnant. Yesterday night my tummy just pain due to gas I eat sonf later but how to recognize baby movements this is my first pregnancy. please suggest what to do my tummy become tight home remedy.
My wife's monthly period has been stopped. It was from 10th june, we have made a pregnancy test yesterday and it is positive. So please tell me what can we do first now? she also having fever from 4 days and not taking medicines by afraiding. So please give a solution as soon as possible.
My mom had breast cancer and she was operated on the left breast and the doctor said her lymph node were positive Now I would like to ask you Doctor that her left hand is swollen and I would like to know how to reduce the swelling and the pain in her hand because of the swelling.
Hello Doctor, I am facing bit trouble in intercourse. Me and my husband are married for 3 years. But we never tried to penetrate actually. Now we want to try for a kid and are starting as newly weds. My gynac says hymen is still intact and has prescribed me Lox 2%. If I apply this during intercourse, will it deteriorate my chances of conceiving. Please suggest so that I can get deep Penetration without pain and also get high chances of conceiving.
Cultures all across the world have their typical ways of dealing with sexuality and while all cultures bring something good, they also have their bad quirks as well. While India gave the world Kama Sutra, it also perpetuates sexual conditions such as the Dhat syndrome due to certain long held beliefs. These cause many problems among men and women and in the context of modern medicine, should be treated as a psychological problem.
What is Dhat Syndrome?
Dhat syndrome is the fear that a man is losing his semen without any control over it. Men afflicted by Dhat syndrome often complain that they are losing semen involuntarily, and thus feeling fatigued all the time. Some of the other complaints and symptoms associated with Dhat syndrome can be categorized as follows:
- Suffering from premature ejaculation
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction bought on by a psychological fear of losing semen
- Fear that the person is losing semen through urine
- Person feels guilty or embarrassed about masturbation or sex
- Has anxiety disorders which can affect daily functioning
The causes for Dhat Syndrome:
This is a psychological issue caused primarily by social taboos and deeply ingrained beliefs which stem from religious doctrine or social stigma. For example, semen is considered to be a vital fluid and an integral part of life force. The belief is formed from an old Hindu spiritual belief that semen is very hard for the body to produce. This is ingrained into some boys who then feel guilty at accidental discharges such as nightfall or ejaculation through masturbation.
Diagnosis by Doctors:
Most doctors classify this as a psychological disorder as there are many other forms with slight variations of this present in many other cultures. Some examples of these are:
- Jiryan primarily in South East Asia
- Shen-k'uei in China
- Prameha in Srilanka
This is also commonly known as semen loss anxiety and is seen in certain western cultures too. The notion that holding onto semen is valuable for a man's vitality is not only a wrong notion but it stops the men from having a normal sex life. Even masturbation can make them feel guilty.
The only treatment options that are effective against this condition are cognitive behavioral therapies which use psychological intervention along with social exercises. This and being informed about your body from proper medical sources will help you release the inhibitions and lead a normal sex life.
I got intimate with my bf 3 months before I got the periods for last 2 months. This month my periods got delayed so I am very tensed. Is it that I am pregnant ? Or its just delay? If it is delayed how I can get my periods ?
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
Go out to enjoy the sunlight as it not only strengthens your bones but also boosts your immunity. It also elevates your mood. Let's enjoy the sun to bring shine in our life.
I got my period on 29th oct and it got clear or finished on 7th nov but from 12th nov it got started again with heavy flow please suggest me why it happened and what should I do to cured from it. please help me.
My girl friend (age-21) was suffering late period last 50 days. please tell me what is the reason. Now a days she's so upset. One more think any sexual reason responsible for this problem.
Hi I am 37 years old female and I have been diagnosed with a cyst in one if my ovaries. I have been taking isotane 20 and aldactone 50 for past two months. I need to know how to get cured completely , also which progesterone hormone medication do I need to take?
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old female we are consulting the gynecologist for infertility. She told me to come by 3rd day of your next period. Today is my 3rd day but she was in leave. What should we do? Shall I consult any other doctor? Please reply asap.
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi, m 23 years old unmarried. I have a cyst in left ovary. And m taking contraceptive pill crisanta. But I did the sex yesterday and discharged inside. Is it possible to get pregnant while on pills. Last periods are on 24 may.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.