Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Barik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju BarikYour feedback matters!
Contrary to what some people may believe, exercise during pregnancy does not raise the risks of miscarriage or low birth weight or an early delivery. On the contrary, it offers a host of benefits to both the mother and the child. However, this doesn't mean that there are no risks of a workout during pregnancy whatsoever.
Women who have been active before pregnancy may continue with the exercises. But, those who are new to exercise must get advice on the exercise regimen from an expert. Here is an account of the benefits and the risks associated-
Benefits of exercise on the mother’s emotional health
Various studies have shown that women who keep themselves physically fit during pregnancy are generally more relaxed, and thus they can cope better with the psychological and emotional strains of pregnancy.
Women, who work out throughout pregnancy develop a better sense of wellbeing owing to a wide array of positive effects from exercise such as controlling weight and maintaining body image and self-esteem. It also helps improve sleep. Further, it is believed that the positive effects stay even after delivery, which may reduce the incidence of postnatal depression.
It is a proven fact that women who exercise during pregnancy experience an increased muscular and cardiovascular strength and fitness. It also improves posture owing to the increase in abdominal and upper body strength. Exercising during pregnancy improves blood circulation, which, in turn, can prevent varicose veins as well as deep vein thrombosis. It also helps reduce instances of constipation and swelling. Furthermore, the expectant mothers experience less pain during labor along with reduced medical interventions. It is also proven that the mothers, who work out regularly, give birth to an emotionally and physically healthy baby.
Risks of exercising during pregnancy
Though exercise is proven to be a safe means of mitigating various problems, it can bring about some risks and complications as well.
The hormones which are stimulated during pregnancy can induce premature contractions. Also, it causes an increase in the glucose consumption for helping the fatigued muscles to cope up. It may affect the glucose level of the fetus as well. Overheating while exercising can disrupt the maternal thermoregulation to a great extent. Therefore, one should refrain from strenuous workouts or work out in high temperatures.
A few specific risks-
Exercise during pregnancy is not advisable when you have medical conditions like asthma, Type I diabetes or heart disease. Also, women with obstetric conditions such as bleeding or spotting, and weak cervix must refrain from exercising.
It is necessary to take an opinion from your gynecologist before you start with your exercise plan. Particularly, when you wish to do aerobic exercises, it is quite necessary to consult your doctor as the exercises may not suit you under several conditions.
Thus, staying active with an exercise plan is beneficial, but with necessary care and guidance, of course.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Actually my spouse is near about 35 years. Her breast has loosen and soften after given birth to a child. The daughters is near about 4 years. I want solid and tight. Please advise.
Hi. M actually unable to gain weight since I was been suffering from dengue fever. I was 50 n den at d time when I was in d hospital I was 37. Now I'm 42. I need to gain weight to conceive. I'm having irregular periods due to the PCOD problem.
Plz Can you tell me how many days after sex we can sure my wife is pregnant or not by help of urine test in preganews pregnancy test kit? please tell me the minimum days after sex she check her pregnancy.
We have now reached that time of the year when we all look forward to the festivities and celebrations for Christmas. And, it goes without saying that celebrating Christmas is synonymous with parties, which not only involves a get-together but also unlimited dance, food, and drinks. It is also that time of the year when we all forget our resolution of sticking to a healthy diet. But, why waste your entire year’s efforts when you can balance your efforts and at the same time, enjoy the Christmas week?
Surprised? Well, here are some Christmas party tips that will let you enjoy every bit of it without inviting any troubles related to health.
Prepping up for the Party
The most important thing to remember before the party is that you must not skip meals anticipating the high-calorie food that you would have at the party. Stick to your regular meals and also don’t forego your exercise routine.
- General Tips
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Consume not just water, but other healthy liquids as well.
- Before hitting the party, have a small meal that will make you feel satiated. This will help avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Special Diet Tip: Take juice and tender coconut water as drinks and egg whites, a bowl of soup, fruits, or diet chivda as snacks right before leaving for the party.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass full of buttermilk before leaving for the party. It will keep you satiated and will also help prevent unnecessary bloating after the party.
The Party Day
When you are at the party, make wise choices rather than just gorging on unhealthy and fried snacks. It might seem to be a difficult task, but with a little effort, you can make healthier choices.
- General Tips
- Keep your focus on the dance floor and the party, rather than just focussing on what is being served.
- Refrain from having food items that are deep-fried and choose steamed, boiled, or grilled food items.
- Choose vegetables and lean meat rather than the noxious red meat.
- Have salads without the creamy and fat-laden dressing. If pasta is on the menu, go for pasta in the red sauce rather than the cheesy white sauce, extremely high in calories.
- Keep a check on your portion size by choosing a smaller plate and by sharing your food .
- Special Diet Tip: Try fresh fruits, green veggies, steamed or boiled food items and whole grains.
- Cheat Tip: Keep chewing a gum until you really feel like spitting it out. This will help you keep away from high-calorie fried and processed snacks.
Once the party is over, it is time to detoxify your body and to get back to your original plan. However, it is important to realize that there is no need to have guilty pangs for the food that you had at the party.
- General Tips
- Special Diet Tip: Consume idli, poha, upma, or muesli for breakfast, whole grains and fruits for lunch, and dal, soup, curd, and salad for dinner.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up, two hours before every meal, and one hour after every meal. It will detoxify your body fast and keep you energetic throughout the day.
Am in pregnancy plane My cycle is 28 days My last period date is 12august Today I have White discharge My question is Am I pregnant This White discharge is happening for my pregnancy? Can I have intercourse?
It is a complete pregnancy care guidance to get divine child.
- Parents spend lot of money, time and energy for the child to develop his physical and mental abilities. Garbhsanskar can show miracles in our baby. Garbhsanskar is the way of special efforts taken to stimulate baby’s senses gently for the maximum maturity.
- Today, science has proved that the unborn baby cannot only listen, feel but respond by its own way. 60% of brain development occurs in intrauterine period. It is these 9 months decisive period when maximum efforts are to be taken for betterment of the fetus.
So why wait till birth? Why not start now, from the fetal stage?
Using pregnancy kit my gf found to b pregnant, is there any other way of aborting the child rather than abortion?
Penis Care and Maintenance: 5 Things Every Man Should Know
While every man is reasonably familiar with his penis, few men are aware of how it really works or understand why proper penis care is so vital. This information is essential, however, as a guy's delicate equipment can be damaged through neglect or abuse; and some concerns men have about their packages could be easily resolved by understanding a few facts about penis health. Here are five key points any guy should know about his penis, along with some commonsense steps men can take in order to ensure their bodies are ready for the next encounter.
1. 'Use it or lose it' does apply to the penis.
The penis is made up of a network of blood vessels that must expand during an erection and contract when the action is over. Tissues like this can become brittle and inflexible if they're not put to the test from time to time, meaning that guys really should engage in sex on a regular basis, either alone or with the help of a partner. Staying active could mean the difference between satisfaction and frustration when it comes to the penis.
2. Women really don't care about penis length.
Men are known for measuring their penis size, both when erect and when flaccid, and then adding an inch or two for emphasis when they're asked to compare notes with their buddies. Women, on the other hand, don't place such value on length. In fact, in a study conducted in the Netherlands, only 1 percent of the women surveyed considered penile length "very important." Those who have been staying out of the dating pool due to size concerns might reconsider their strategies, since their deficits might not be important to anyone else.
3. When abused, the penis can break.
The penis looks soft and bendable, but the tissues do have a little rigidity to them, and when those firm parts are forced to interact with an immovable object, they can snap under the pressure. Fractures like this are typically blamed on rough, unplanned, furtive sex, when everyone is moving quickly and little forethought is given to where partners will move and how they might be hurt. Taking it slow and easy can prevent injuries like this from taking place.
4. Smoking has a direct, and negative, impact on penis health.
Modern culture would have men believe that smoking is sexy, and that guys who smoke are more likely to attract a mate when compared to guys who abstain. In reality, smoking can be devastating to penis health, causing:
- Reduced penile blood flow, leading to erection problems
- Increased blood pressure, which can also lead to erectile woes
- Shrinking of the penis, as the tissues thicken due to reduced blood flow
- Lung dysfunction, leading to nasty mid-sex coughing fits
- Kicking the habit certainly isn't easy, but nicotine replacement products can reduce the sting of quitting, and men who stop the damage now may see their cells recover in time.
5. Penis sensitivity tends to decline with age.
The average penis is subject to abuse from clothes, sports and inattentive owners. The skin can roughen and toughen up with time, and all of the little sensory cells that deliver signals of pleasure to the brain can get buried by layers of keratinized tissue. Medications typically taken during middle age can also put a damper on sensitivity, as can underlying nerve and heart conditions. The loss can be devastating, but a penis nutrient creme could help. A quality product (most experts recommend Man1 Man Oil) contains ingredients that can soften skin and allow those buried receptors to rise to the surface once more. Other ingredients may help to increase blood flow, allowing for healthy and strong erections. With the help of products like this, sensitivity loss isn't inevitable. In fact, it might even be reversible.