Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manju BarikYour feedback matters!
Will I get pregnant by any chance? My boyfriend and I have never had sex with each other but on 21st May he and I took a bath together. We were under a shower. And at that time he had ejaculated on my breasts. I was then standing when I poured water on my chest to clean that area. So his cum flowed down along with the water. I'm scared that what if his semen went inside my vagina or near my vagina along with the flowed water. I'm really scared. I don't know what to do. Please help me. On 27th May I got my periods but this time I did not bleed much. I even got very bad cramps in my stomach and pelvic area. I do get cramps every time I get my period for 2-3 days but this time it was paining very badly. I even had to take pill to make the pain stop. And it was during the first three days I had got bad gas also. I'm really scared. I don't want to get pregnant. Please help me. And provide me correct information. Should I take home pregnancy test or not? Please help me. Please.
Sir/madam, they before yesterday I. E, Mar 1st n8 we had intercourse with my husband without any protection. Due to my marriage ihad taken pill on 27 Feb to delay the menstrual cycle which is on Mar 1st. Will I get pregnancy. We decided not conceive for 1 year. Please help.
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating menstrual cycles and also relieving menstrual pain. It promotes menstruation and hence is good when dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
Add a little sugar.
Drink this three times a day after meals.
Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon is considered useful for regulating menstrual cycles and reducing menstrual cramps. According to traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed to have a warming effect on the body.
Also, it contains hydroxychalcone that helps regulate insulin levels and is suspected to have an effect on menstrual regularity. A study analyzing the effects of cinnamon extract on menstrual cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome is currently underway.
Simply add one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of milk. Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea, sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating menstrual cycles as they help balance your hormones. They are loaded with lignans that help bind excess hormones. Plus, they contain essential fatty acids that promote optimal hormone production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate menstrual cycles due to its warming effects.
Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months.
Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during your periods.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual irregularities naturally by regulating your hormones.
Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during your periods.
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent emmenagogue. It is considered useful in regulating menstrual flow as it helps contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular periods associated with menopause and stress. Consume unripe papaya juice regularly for a few months. Do not drink it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also considered helpful in regulating menstruation and balancing hormones. Its emmenagogue properties help stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery. Take it daily for several weeks or until you see improvement.
You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
THIS IS NOT D TREATMENT IS ONLY INFORMAL
Irregular menstrual cycle, facial hair growth problem, obesity. Please advise me for medicine. My age 36.
I am feeling vaginal pain while passing urine. I had sex before a week n had ipill, suggest me a home remedy.
I have completed menopause -- I have gone without a period for more than 1 year, and now today I noticed a small blood clot. I do not have any other symptoms of ill health, now what do I do? Please suggest me sir.
Having pcod. From 3-4 months having very irregular periods. 4-9 days delays every month. Having medicines folic 123, normoz, n obimet 500 planning for pregnancy since 7-8 months now. No success yet. I am obese. 3 Doctors Answered.
I am 28 years old girl. I have one year old baby boy. My weight had been increased during pregnancy. Now I want to reduce my weight. Please let me know some exercises and Diet chart. Also please let me know, which type of food I should eat.
Hi, Doctor I have a query regarding pregnancy. My cycle starts on 13th of every month and there is already 1 day over and still it does not happen. I am scared about my pregnancy. Is there a any way to avoid this situation as I am not ready for now. Thanks.
Health benefits of ginger
1) digestive issues
2) ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
3) pain reduction
4) the anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis
5) ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain
6) ginger may lower cholesterol levels
7) ginger may lower blood sugars and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Hi, I am conceived actually, I did check today itself but not ready for it right now. Want to abort. So any suggestions without facing any problems in future.
People who rarely fall ill and are able to undertake strenuous tasks are said to have a strong constitution. When talking in terms of health, constitution refers to a person’s physical and mental strength. The stronger your constitution, the healthier you are. Having a strong constitution also makes treatment more effective in case you do fall ill. Here are a few tips to help build a strong constitution.
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Missing out on important nutrients may not have immediate effects, but in the long run, will cause deficiencies and harm your constitution. Not following a healthy diet is also one of the most common reasons for reduced immunity. In a day you must eat 2-3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables and at least one serving of carbs and proteins.
- Drink plenty of water: It isn’t enough to give your body all the nutrients it requires, you must also drink plenty of water so that your body can absorb these nutrients. Water plays an important role in every process of the body from the digestive system to the circulatory system. Water also helps eliminate wastes and toxins from your body.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods have very little nutritional value but have a high fat content. Jams, packaged juices, breads, cakes etc. are packed with additional sugar that lead to weight gain and other problems associated with it. Instead, snack on fruits and nuts and drink freshly squeezed juice.
- Exercise daily: Exercise not only helps you regulate your weight, it also helps tone and strengthen muscles. Exercise also makes a person more flexible and boosts the immune system. Ideally, exercise outdoors early in the morning for half an hour a day but if that isn’t possible, break up your workout into smaller sections. Simple ways of incorporating exercise in your daily life are to use the stairs instead of the elevator or walk short distances.
- Meditate: Your mental health is as important as your physical health. Stress has a huge impact on your health and daily meditation is an easy way to deal with everyday stresses. Set aside time at the beginning of each day to quietly meditate and ready your mind for the day’s tasks.
- Get adequate sleep: Your body uses the time you are asleep to rebuild muscles and repair tissues. A person should ideally have an uninterrupted sleep of 8 hours a day. Sleep deficiency can lower your immunity, cause irritability and mood swings etc. To ensure you get a good night’s sleep, create and follow a sleep routine of going to bed and waking up the same time every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am married 25 years my marriage on 5/5/2011 due to my study I stay in hostel and come to only holiday every saturday bt didn't want baby my study was 4 yrs in holiday tm by mistake I conceived three tm every year and took medicine unwanted pill now I still stay at home and try to conceive but no effect and have regular sex one tm nd some time two tm bt first april is my lmp but no result I m worried please help.
My periods are late by 1 month. From past 2 months I have heavy stress and travelling a lot. Is it normal.
Hi I am 29 years old n was married when I was 19 I conceived after 2 months of my marriage as v planned for another baby after five years I am still not conceiving my child is of 9 years now.
What are the uses of Armotraz, siphene M, Ferteez in treatment of male fertility. And can it be used for long time and have any side effects. What is the success rate. Kindly provide details of each medicine individual that how it works.
Hello Dr., I need to seek your advise if am pregnant or not. Am yet to conduct a home test but little scared as few months ago my period was delayed and I got high hopes but the home test came negative and 2 days later I got my periods. This time I am again due for my periods in a day or 2. But since today morning I have been having cramps and lower back pain just like periods and have released small blood clots couple time but no bleeding . Can I be pregnant? ? Please advise. Thanks in advance
Full of nutrients, ghee or clarified butter comes with an assortment of health benefits. Despite its vast nutrient content, most people avoid ghee, believing that it is fattening. This is in fact not entirely true! Here’s why you should consider adding a dollop of ghee to your meals.
1. Good for your brain: Ghee is an excellent source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, which help in the proper functioning of your brain and nervous system. Furthermore, these fats can also decrease your risk of getting brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Strengthens your immunity: Ghee is rich in nutrients like CLA and K2 that give it its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also, the presence of these nutrients helps ghee in strengthening your immune system so as to keep diseases at bay.
Additionally, several studies show that the butyric acid (acid that helps in controlling metabolism) content of ghee also helps in fortifying your immune system as it enables the creation of killer T cells (a type of white blood cells) in the stomach.
3. Promotes weight loss: Contrary to popular belief, the inclusion of ghee in your diet can also help in reducing fat cells in your body, leading to loss of weight. It does so by improving the functioning of your gall bladder, so that the bile that is produced is able to break down the fats that are digested. As your meals get easily digested, your body’s metabolism levels also increase significantly.
Moreover, it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) that are responsible for augmenting your body’s metabolic processes. Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
4. Helps in digestion: Ghee regulates the secretion of stomach acid, which gives you a stronger appetite, while helping you to properly digest your food. Furthermore, when added to foods like khichdi or puran poli, it could help you to digest these better. If you suffer from low levels of butyric acid production, it can significantly perk up your butyric acid production by improving the functioning of your digestive tract. Butyric acid is highly important as it strengthens the walls of your intestines, while being an energy source for your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.