Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha ChakarvarthyYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my bf on 5th feb. After 26hrs, I took unwanted 72, in the month of january I had 2 times unwanted 72. I missed my periods last month. After that I did two times pregnancy test its negative. Then I tried lots of home remedies to induce my periods, like ginger juice, Fennel Seeds, Hot Water Pack, pineapple juice, hot water bath, season seed, jaggery, but still I am not in periods. Also I had medicine Orofer xt, 1 tab daily till 10 days. Pls suggest me what will I do my next periods date is 28 march.
Have 2 cups per day (without sugar).
It helps in increasing metabolic rate thereby helps in weight loss, reduce cholesterol levels, increases immunity & antioxidants maintain good health & prevent diseases.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
I am 23 years old. My first period date this month is 30.8.2016. And my first period date previous month is 29.7.2016. When is the safest time to have sex in order to avoid pregnancy?
I have burning in my private area it hurts when I wash . It started one year back since I used a hair removing cream I am 50 female
What if I am not willing to have sex with my boyfriend, whereas he wants it? What should be done in this case?
Mera aaj 5th day tha periods ka or meine sex kiya with double protection bilkul light bleeding bhi hui toh isese m khi pregnant toh nhi hongi na please help .
My bf ejaculated while I was wearing my panty as well as hot pant. Is dere any chance of getting pregnant. It was done on previous month after dat I had my periods bt in this month my period is not coming its late for 5 days. Is it possible that I am pregnant.
1. Eat Frequent and Small Meals
Overeating has to be avoided to keep the metabolism in a high calorie burning state. Taking frequent and small meals, like five to six small meals throughout the day would be ideal.
Reports suggest that breastfeeding helps in burning upto 500 calories a day, which would aid in losing those pregnancy pounds.
3. Drink lots of water.
Hydration is helpful for weight loss, helping digestion and suppressing appetite. Normally skin coils back quickly, when it is pressed. If it does not happen, it may be sign of dehydration. Target at least for eight-ten glasses a day depending on weather.
Sugary or deep fried foods are to be avoided. Keep washed and cut fruit and veggies on hand for easy picking. Try frozen grapes or apples with peanut better for a satisfying alternative. Store your cupboard/refrigerator with high-fiber an low fat snack and dump the chips and ice-cream. The likelihood of eating unhealthy food increases if it is stored and easily accessible.
5. Eat lean protein
fatty meats may be replaced with leaner options like chicken and fish. In case of meats. Red meats are better than white meats. Fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which is helpful in many ways. Vegetarian options like soya chunks and skimmed mild are also good source of low fat proteins.
6. Think Ahead
With a baby at home it is sometimes hard to get time for cooking. Instead of bringing in outside food frequently, spend a few hours on sunday preparing food for the week if a maid is not available. Then divide it into individual servings and freez them. Help may be taken from family and friends to help you come back to action.
7. Get moving
A physiotherapist may help about easy exercise. Whenever it's time to get moving, take small steps to get started- try a walk around the neighborhood or look for local classes like post-partum yoga or aerobics, or even small walks with baby in a stroller. Try to bet 30 minutes of exercise, at least three time a week.
8. Load up on fiber
fiber not only makes you feel full, it also clears the bowels. Eat lots of soluble fiber foods such a oatmeal, fresh fruits and vegetables would be ideal.
My self Viren. I m married from last 2 years. In between my wife conceive once but due to some medical issues. Our cases not success. I hav 1 query wat is the main cause or reason. without heartbeat baby egg formation.
I got married before one month and now I m pregnant I m having pcod and also taking medicine for irrational thoughts repeatedly comes in my mind I m not mentally prepared for conceiving But all suggest me to continue pregnancy because of pcod infertile rate I m confused Its too early I do not want baby so early please give me advice.
Hii. I am married from 7 months. Since from my marriage my periods are delaying for 2 to 3 months every time of period and pregnancy test is also negative. Can you please tell me because of this periods delaying can affect conceiving. I want to conceive.
I have the problem of spotting after period for 3-4 days, and periods are regular, in ultrasound found pcod, large ovaries, size of ovaries are 8.1cc and 8.9cc. And all hormones are normal, gyne put me on dian 35, I am seeing the effect, spotting get reduced but not removed, is pill working. I want to know the treatment to remove pcod completely.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.
I'm 43 years old have a 15 years old daughter was not in contact with my husband for last 6 years he came in Feb we had sex almost after 48 hours I started bleeding which continued for almost 5 days but my periods was due on 3rd of March. Till now my 5 days periods are regular without any disturbance. But since I bleed I have pain in my lower abdomen and all the time feel urine pressure. I've also taken pregnancy test with negative result. My husband came on Feb 22. I bleed bw 24-28 Feb. Pregnancy test on March 7th.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"