Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha AroraYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from pcos. I'm overweight. My weight is 78 kg and I'm only 24. My problem is that I'm not conceived.
Hello mam I am 20 years old my periods first date was 5th november but now today is 11th december totally 37 days are finished'periods are not coming so what is prob please tell me' it is my first problem and I am unmarred. Please tell me what is problem.
On 14 th of this month my boyfriend's penis just touched my vagina and as per my memory there was nothing on it but saliva, that's it nothing else happened. On 20 he just inserted his fingers and and a blood came for a moment and then stopped and we did nothing else. On 22 I started bleeding and exactly in the manner of my periods continuous 5 days, so I should consider this as my period. My last month date was 24 and this month 22 the bleeding started. I am not pregnant right? Can implant bleeding mimic period and last for 5 days? Please give proper explanation because I don't want to think about it further because this very frustrating I need to concentrate on studies.
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In order to spice up your relationship under the sheets, it is recommended to adopt different measures time-to-time. From trying different positions to engaging in the occasional dirty talk, the solutions are aplenty. Another important factor in maintaining a healthy sex life is your diet. Changing your dietary regime can actually boost your sex life.
Here is a list of some foods you can include in your daily diet, that might work wonder in terms of overall improvement of your sex life:
- Green vegetables: Make sure to include a healthy amount of green vegetables (spinach, cabbage, broccoli etc.) in your daily diet as they contain folate – a nutrient that significantly boosts sex drive in both male and females. Spinach, in particular, contains a rich amount of magnesium, which helps in the expansion of the blood vessels and initiates proper blood flow in the genital regions.
- Strawberry: A daily intake of two or three strawberries might work wonders to boost your sex life. Strawberries can boost sperm counts in men and is known to be a rich source of folic acid- the vitamin that lowers the risk of any birth-related disorders.
- Watermelon: This fruit makes up the list not just because it is delicious, but it is a rich source of citrulline, an amino acid responsible for increasing your sex drive. Also, citrulline can help in the expansion of the blood vessels and is proven to be an effective cure in men suffering from infertility.
- Garlic: Adding a pinch of garlic in your food is quite beneficial for your sex life. It is a rich source of the compound allicin which boosts the blood flow to different organs (including your genitals).
- Cinnamon: An inclusion of a regulated amount of cinnamon powder in the food you eat regularly can work wonders in your bedroom. According to recent studies, this sweet and warm spice can be extremely beneficial in the reduction of the blood sugar levels of your body. With a balanced blood sugar level, there will be no risks of a subsequent loss of energy while engaging in sexual intercourse and you will be able to sustain the pleasures more adequately.
Besides the aforementioned foods, you can also consume bananas, a small amount of dark chocolates, eggs, and red meat in order to boost your sex life. Besides, make sure to eat a balanced meal everyday (containing suitable amounts of protein, fats, and carbohydrates) and eat a large amount of water to get rid of the toxins from your body. Also, try to reduce your alcohol and tobacco consumption in order to get a satisfying experience in the bedroom as these can significantly inhibit your performance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello Doctor, I am married from since 1 yr, we are unable to have intercourse as my vaginal hole is small and my husbands penis is bit bigger. How to overcome this problem. Kindly advice
I am 36 Old women. I have piles problem since 5 yrs. After baby birth. And white discharge also. What should I do?
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes aging has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component related with aging. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace, while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to aging. It has been discovered that a lot of aging factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
Now, a little bit of cellular details:
There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated DNA accelerates the aging process.
To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
Since, the most obvious and apparent aging is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall aging process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated aging.
While everybody tries to maintain the younger look, aging is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, aging may not be something that can be stopped completely.