Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Manish KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doc please help me. I have visited and consulted n number of doctors for the same but no help. As soon as I close my eyes, my unconscious mind starts thinking random thoughts and I dnt have any control on that. Not even a single second my mind rests due to which I wake up fully exhausted and mentally tired. Please please doc help.
I have a bit red eyes for above a week and it is not getting fade. What to do? Do I take any eye drop? Pls suggest.
How to cure myopia? -5.5 left eye-6.0 right eye. Dis pwr s nt suitable at such an young age. I might end up becmng blnd and wl b rejctd for mny job intrvws. Is dere any cure?.
I have an eye problem I lost my left eye vision almost Doctors say we can not do now Accidentally my eye was damage by a pen when I was 3 4 years Now both eyes are not looking same.
My eyes are twitching from last 1 month and local doctors are saying that its not a disease do not take it seriously ,but I am feeling uncomfortable and worried.
My eyesight is decreasing from one year now my power is -2 in both the eyes I am wearing glasses since one year but I want to remove them one year before my eyesight ws 6/6.
I have red eyes and I'm feeling weak and tired I'm not able to see anything properly what I should do?
My father suffering from infection on left brain. As problem light sensibity, right hand tremor, speaking and unable to balance himself. After many tested Doctor suspected enchephatics and give medicine for 1 month. Today 12 days of take medicine his eye light sensibility and hand tremor solve. But still he could not balance himself and unable to speak. But new problem got like sensness when feeding look like he is sleeping for few seconds. What to do Sir/Mam please! Suggest.
To the above symptoms wanted to add this also. I night I couldn't sleep and if I tried closing my eyes something happens which I don't know to explain at times feels like jerk .
Hi doctor I have problems in right eye form birth, I've 3 independent problems : 1. Squint 2. Nystagmus 3. Birth Blindness (black shadow.Object image created on null point ) I just need to know is there any solution for 3rd problem. Because till now I already visit many doctors but they said that "there is not any operation and solution for 3rd problem.
I have red eyes since 1 year n I have no irritation n sight problem.. The thing is only red color why? N what I shld do to get them white.
My eyes are always having red whenever I wakeup early morning & after bath? Kindly suggest me to release this Thanks. Regards.
Hello my name is imli I have a question for you I am suffering from a problem of eyes. I am unable to see clear vision. Please help me out from it. Also having problem to understand dark colored my age is 23 years. Please help me out from it and answer me. What should I eat.
I have presbyopia from the age of 13 and I am 20 now At the age of 13 I had a number of -0.75 (R) and -2.5 (L) And now it's increasing day by day and it has biw reached to -4.25 (R) and -5.25 (L) Now I am really worried that the number will reach to 6 I don't know what happens after eye number reaches 6.Please tell me what to do! I am really worried a lot!
Not able to work on computers, my eyes starts watering, I have consulted with doctor he recommend glasses. But I don't want to wear glass is any other way to.
How to take care of yearly contact lenses and when we need to change solution of contact lenses when not in use is it go for same solution for a week or we need to change solution after every 3 days. Pls reply in detail.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.