Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala TelangYour feedback matters!
How stretching routines will help boost your flexibility?
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch:
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch:
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang:
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch:
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front.
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
Hey Dr. Actually I had sex with a prostitute about 1 month 20 days ago. I used a condom and I am sure that the condom was not leak or have hole anywhere. But think too much about my health. Is it possible to get HIV even after using a condom. And what are the main and most common symptoms of HIV. Are they come together or individually. I have a mild sore throat after 4 weeks of sex and small pain in bone pain. And I have vitamin b12 and vit d3 deficiency too. Is pain is due to vit b12 and d3 deficiency or I might got infected with hiv ? In too much stress . I don't have other symptoms like fever, headache , or other flu like symptoms . Just have a mild sore throat and little pain in bone. And do not have problem swallowing and chewing.
I want to know what medicine should I take to control my periods for 2 to 4 days as I have to go on an outing. My last start date was 28th of nov.
I take MTP in march 2011. Now i want a baby. I am trying for it from last 3 month but failed. Is it any side effect of MTP which i used in march 2011.
On a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most severe, labour pain is one of the most severe pain forms. Most women would agree that life after childbirth feels like a second lease of life. Life takes a complete turn after childbirth, with the added responsibility of having to care for the newborn. In addition, the mother herself has a lot to recuperate from, including the stress of pregnancy and the pain that was endured during delivery. The uterus, which expands to accommodate the growing baby shrinks back to its size which causes severe pain.
While there are chemical medications to the rescue, homoeopathy also offers an effective remedy to manage this phase of life. As with all conditions, homoeopathy believes in treating the individual as a whole and not just provide symptomatic relief. Your homoeopath will ask you a number of questions to arrive at a diagnosis and base treatment on that, which is highly customised.
While the following four products are commonly used, it is always advised to not self-medicate in homoeopathy.
- Caulophyllum: Made of Blue Cohosh, this is commonly used during pregnancy and post labour. During labour, it is helpful if the labour is not progressing with the lack of cervical dilation and irregular contractions. Post labour, it is used if the patient has erratic, shooting, or wandering pains that are unbearable. These pains are also coupled with nausea and vomiting. The pain is, however, intermittent and sharp. The patient will be very hungry, chilly, thirsty, weak, exhausted. The woman will also be nervous and excitable.
- Cimicifuga [Cimic]: This is useful in women who have postpartum pains that are intense in the groin area, thighs, hips and back. It helps in cervical dilation and reducing rigidity during examination postpartum. The woman is apprehensive, confused, and paranoid.
- Pulsatilla: Made from the windflower, it is useful in women who are tearful, sensitive, shy, affection, and requires reassurance. When this reassurance is lacking, she might feel sad, alone, anxious, fearful, or abandoned. There is also an expectation of hugs, consolation, and self-pity. The pain worsens around dusk, the patient craves fatty foods and wishes to be out in the open. There could be other symptoms including varicose veins, nausea, chronic chest congestion, runny nose, and headaches.
- Sepia: There is a severe, bearing down pain as if the uterus and everything along with it would just pop out. The patient would have severe depression, indifference to the baby, might have never wanted the baby in the first place. She would be sad, offended easily, and irritable. She might have had children with short intervals.
Talk to your homoeopath and there are definitely ways to relieve the postpartum pains completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
She is suffering with thalassemia. Will it make any problem during pregnancy? Please provide some solution, I want ti see her fit and fine.
Though sexually transmitted diseases affect a number of people, it is considered a taboo subject and not often talked about. This has given rise to a lot of misinformation and myths about it. Let's clear up a few of these myths.
Herpes virus can be transmitted through a toilet seat.
Using the same toilet as a person infected with herpes will not increase your risk of contacting the virus. Herpes spreads only through direct skin-to-skin contact. However, it is a good idea not to share personal care items like towels, soaps etc with a person suffering from an STD.
STDs are transmitted only through vaginal sex.
If you are in direct contact with any kind of body fluid of the person suffering from an STD, you can get infected too. STDs can be transmitted through any form of intercourse including oral, vaginal and anal sex. Thus, always use a condom for any kind of sexual act.
Baby oil can be used to lubricate a condom
In some situations, you may need to lubricate a condom before use. Oil based lubricants like baby oil, Vaseline and hand creams should never be used to lubricate a condom. This is because they can break down latex and allow STDs to pass through. Instead use water soluble lubricants like contraceptive jellies. You could also use saliva.
You can't get an STD if you've had sex only once
STDs like Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have a very high infection rate. Having unprotected sex once is more than enough to get infected with the virus.
Two condoms are better than one
Condoms are not designed to be layered and used. Using two condoms instead of one may result in the condoms breaking due to the frictions between them. A condom must also be never reused. It should be put on as soon as there is n erection to protect against early ejaculation.
You can catch an STD only once
Some STDs like HIV and herpes are infections that last a lifetime. Others can be treated with antibiotics and antivirals. However, once you have recovered from an STD you are at the same risk of catching it again as you were the first time. When it comes to STDs like Chlamydia, a second attack can be worse than the first time and cause lasting damage to your reproductive organs.
The only way to protect yourself from STDs is to abstain from unprotected sex. Always use a condom for any kind of intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife is 27 years old and having acute pain during periods and she also having irregular periods. And there is white discharge. What to do?
Some people have a greater tendency to accumulate fat in specific areas of the body. Any amount of exercise or diet may not help in getting rid of this. In such cases, people can opt for liposuction, as it is a good option to get rid of this fat (usually in the upper arms, upper thighs, belly area and buttocks).
Liposuction is a term which literally means suctioning out the fat (lipo = fat). A blunt cannula (needle) is inserted into the body which sucks out the excessive fat. Laser or heat may be used in the target area to loosen the fat molecules, making it easier to remove them. Read on to know some of the other benefits of liposuction in addition.
1. Each person has a tendency to accumulate weight in different areas and may not be able to lose it with the required exercise and treatment. In these people, liposuction helps in losing fat and in improving body shape and contour.
2. Almost instantaneous results, as the procedure is done in a couple of hours. There could be mild swelling in the area that was treated, but that may not last for more than a week.
3. In people with lipomas, which are benign fatty tumours, liposuction can completely remove them.
4. In men with excessive female hormones, gynecomastia is common (breast development in men), which can be very embarrassing. Liposuction can rescue them and can help these men by providing a complete cure.
5. Prolonged effect on the person’s weight as the fat does not accumulate immediately. Also, the weight gained will be distributed evenly and not concentrated in one particular area.
6. It can be a good remedy for excessive sweating in the armpits and chafing in the thighs.
7. Maintaining it requires lifestyle modification like healthy eating and regular exercise, which most people tend to follow, as they have seen the wonderful results of having a good shapely body.
8. The procedure also removes a lot of inflammatory cells, which are responsible for chronic conditions like osteoarthritis and heart disease. By reducing the inflammatory cells, liposuction reduces the risks of these diseases.
9. Removing excessive fat in the midsection and abdominal area can improve posture and discomfort that is common in seated positions. It can also reduce back pain and discomfort due to improper postures.
10. Removing excess fat reduces the insulin requirements as there is less amount of fat and therefore sugar to burn. This reduces the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Liposuction is a quick fix to fat accumulation, but a detailed discussion with doctor on what to expect during and after the procedure should be the deciding factor, whether or not should you choose it.
Dear Dr. I m in the 4th month of pregnancy. I never had a vomiting sensation. I am advised by my Dr. to take all 9, duphaston, zincovit n doxinate tablets. I was always feeling hungry in the prior 3 months, but nw I m never in mood to have something to eat. I had meet with n accident in my first month of pregnancy n at that time I was not aware of my pregnancy. I m a bit tensed as I m scared whether my baby is growing properly, as my stomach has not increased yet.
When me and my girlfriend go intimate, her legs start cramping very badly. Even on phone sex she complains this problem.
Hii sir. I have pcod and I have missed my period. I didn't get my period since January. My date of period was 12 the Jan. But the period had not come yet. My last date was 12 the DEC. The prob is that I had an unprotected sex on 19 the Jan. Is it possible that I might be pregnant. Plzz answer as soon as possible.
Hi, I'm 13 weeks 6 days pregnant. Last day scan kiya mere report mai FHR 153/MIN EFBW 45GMS I'm so worried about baby EFBW 45Gms its normal or not please Dr. give me reply 45 gms kam hai Kay ? 14 weeks mi kitne hona chaiye aur karne se wight normal ho sakta hai please give me rply fast Thanks.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: High in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: Your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: During this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: In addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: Providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: A good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
I am 31 years old married women trying to conceive. What diet should me and my husband will have before planning for it. How frequent do we need to have intercourse.
You have probably heard it over uncountable number of times that if you want to lose weight you have to give up fatty as well as sugary foods. The fact is both of them are important for health, albeit in a small amount and it is not possible to give them up entirely. Moreover, due to our fast life, we have become increasingly reliant on fast foods which contain a high level of fat and sugar. Even more, the foods we consume at home contain some proportionate levels of fat and sugar.
You may now wonder whether it is possible to entirely give up fatty and sugary foods. The answer is not all types of fats or sugars are harmful to your health. Refined sugars and fats are bad for your health. Refined sugars like white sugar, glucose, corn syrup with high fructose level or brown sugar are harmful to your health. Refined fats like margarine, oils or Tran’s fats have an adverse effect on your health as well. New findings have shown that if you consume healthy fat, you can lose more calories in comparison to consuming the same amount of carbohydrates. It is because healthy fats make you feel fuller and less hungry.
Fat or Sugar?
There are varying opinions regarding this. Some think fat is fatal for our health while many hold sugar as the real culprit. Let us see the both the opinions.
- When you consume 1 gram fat, you consume 9 calories, while 1 gm of sugar adds only 4 calories to your body. So, apparently, you consume more calories from fat than sugar. On the other hand, losing weight means you have to burn more calories which mean you have to burn the fat more than the sugar.
- Again many are of the opinion that it is sugar which gives you more calories. You cannot consume all the sugar you intake in a day and they are stored as fat in your body cells. Carbohydrate forces your cell to give up more and more insulin which brings the sugar levels down in your body. It adversely affects your metabolism. Overall, it adds more calories to your body.
Fat decreases your cravings for food. They put a check on your blood sugar levels. You consume less fat than carbohydrates and burn more of it since it helps in higher metabolism. Fats like Omega-3 are helpful for your body as they take care of your heart.
The best way to keep your diet in check as well as satisfy your appetite is to consume wholesome food. Whole foods have fat, sugar, fiber in a balanced proportion which keeps your blood sugar level in control and checks metabolism. Consume foods like fatty fish, eggs, nuts, olive oil or avocados which will supply you with healthy fat. They help keep you healthy inside out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.