Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala TelangYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 14th april and had an ipill the same day. My period date is 5th of every month and I was very regular. I had withdrawal bleeding after 5-6 days on the 20th april after having ipill. Now its 22nd may and I have not had my periods yet. I have gained weight and my breasts are sore and nipples are rock hard. I did a pregnancy test but it was negative. Is it possible that I'm pregnant? I'm freaking out doctors, please help me. What should I do?
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
This is 27 yrs old with pcod. I had 3 injections of fsh respectively 11th, 14th, 16th day by this time ovum size is 17mm, my docotor said, no need for further injection, automatically size will increase. On 20th day (may- 6th) I had ovulation induction injection. 2 weeks later I got weak positive urine test. After a week I got periods. Now I am in 2nd round of injection I had 3 fsh 2ml, still my egg size is 13mm, day is 18. What to do? what may the reason. Please reply.
Hello doc, my age is 30 and trying for baby from 1 year. My doc had suggested me for hsg. My all reports are normal like AMH, TSH, prolactin And follicular study including HSA. Doc what is the process of HSA. Is this pain full. please tell me what I do.
I want entire details of ladies period. When can we have sex during which days, so as to avoid pregnancy. And sex on which days shud b avoided. Like 14th day of period cycle.
Hi doctor, I hv a cyst in my left ovary. Doctor advise me to take crisanta . After finishing the pack yesterday I get the bleeding bt it was very light. I did not knw why. ? Or is it menstrual bleeding? Please advise me what should I do. My pills finished on sunday .
Hi doctor, I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant and seen the Brady heartbeat and fetal pole today only in transvaginal scan. Is my baby doing good? And my doctor told me come on Sunday for next scan. My concern is everyone else are seeing the heartbeat and fetal pole by 6 weeks in tvs.
Good morning doctor. Before a year I had a pcod problem. But from past 6 to 8 month I am getting my period regularly. But this month I don't get periods. I am worried. I also did pregnancy test, it's negative. Kindly advise.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, natrum carb and aethusa cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and lycopersicum: They are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello Sir/Mam. I and my wife loved very much to each other. We have good sex life also. Now a days we live separately due to our job. When we have sex with each other I have a fantasy to heard many women's name from her mouth as I do sex with lots of women with my wife also. I want to hear names of her friends relatives etc from her mouth during sex period. She also give me full support at that time. But now a days as we live far from each other we do sex chat and phonosex. I want to listen from her doing sex with other girls like her friends and others. But she refused to do that on phone. And she says now that she read some where that it is a type of sickness or pchycho problem. I want to know from the experts Is this really a type of sickness as I want from my wife. Or it is normal human tendency and fantasy to imagine another women during sex period. Thanks in advance.
I have a blood flowing with my urine and have pain in my left abdomen for past 3 months what is the cause, I am 23 years old.
Is it safe if I make a prostitute suck my dick without a condom. What about licking Her nipples? And kissing Her on neck and back?
I have vaginal infection, it causes itching, discharge, burning and waiting of vagina. Which is very uncomfortable, I have been applying cream since 2 days but its not working on it, so please tell me about the treatment and causes of that.
H Doctor, I am pregnant with 8 weeks. I have periods like pain since morning. Would this be something wrong sign.
What is ECMO?
Like dialysis for unfunctional kidney, Ecmo for unfunctional lung.
Ecmo stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. It is a method of giving oxygen for the body when icu pateint lungs and/or heart are not able to supply oxygen on their own.
Why ICU pateint put on ECMO?
Doctors place ICU patients on ECMO when patients are not able to supply oxygen to the body.
ICU patients’ lungs fail for a number of reasons including pneumonia, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism and COPD.
When a patient’s lungs fail, he/she first is intubated (breathing tube) and hooked up to a ventilator (breathing machine).
However, sometimes lungs are so damaged that providing oxygen through intubation is not enough.
This is when doctors turn to v-v ecmo.
A heart can fail for many reasons including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, bad valve disease, or worsening heart failure. When a heart fails, doctors try to fix the underlying problem. They may also start medications (called ionotropes) to help improve the pump function of the heart. If medications are not enough, doctors will turn to v-a ecmo.
How long can someone stay on ecmo?
That is a complicated question. Due to the risks of ecmo discussed above, doctors try to keep patients on ecmo for as short a time as possible. Often patient will be on ecmo for several days up to 1-2 weeks. Every day, several blood and imaging tests are done to determine if a patient is ready to come off ecmo. As the technology of ecmo improves, hopefully side effects will decrease and patients can remain on ecmo for longer periods of time.
What is the difference between ecmo and a ventilator (breathing machine)?
Both ecmo and a ventilator aim to provide oxygen to the body when the patient’s own lungs and breathing are failing. The ventilator assists the patient’s own lungs by pushing oxygen with pressure into the lungs. Ecmo instead provides oxygen directly via a catheter placed in a patient’s vein or artery. We almost always try oxygenating a patient with a ventilator first. However, when a patient’s lungs are too sick for this, we turn to ecmo to assist in providing oxygen to the body. V-v ecmo provides oxygen through a vein. This blood then has to travel to the heart and be pumped around the rest of the body through arteries. Therefore, with v-v ecmo or with a ventilator, a patient must have a well-functioning heart to get the oxygen pumped throughout the body. V-a ecmo has the additional advantage of pumping blood directly to arteries. This “by-passes” the heart and is therefore the method of ecmo we use when a patient’s heart is failing.