Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manavita MahajanYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am on Hisone and Thyronorm for recuperative period after my Pituitary macro adenoma surgery last Nov. I feel fine but notice weight gain particularly waistline and tummy. What should I do to have a flat belly. I have put on 6 kgs since Dec last. I stand 5' 10" and weigh 70 kgs. Please advise.
During periods my stomach use to pain and I used to take meftal spas and I get relief by this medicine .but I visited to gyno to overcome for this problem forever becz in every period my stomach use to pain .doc has given me 2 medicine drotin D's and Yasmin 21 pills. Now I am totally confuse whether I should take Yasmin 21 pills or not .plz suggest.
I am 20 years female and iam facing menstrual problem during periods I do not get bleeding properly since first day.
I am 42 years old woman. I am having irregular periods from last 2 months. It comes after alternative months. My fsh is 8. 32miu/ml. Lh is 1. 98miu/mi. & 0. 19ng/ml. I don' t have thyroid or obesity problem. I have an eleven years old daughter. Is this a sing of menopause? how can it be regular?
Hello doctor. Meri last year shaadi hue hai. Abhi mere husband baby k liye ready nhi hain. Last night sex karte time humne condom use kiya but by mistake wo fat gaya. To Maine turant dhul k saaf kiya. But mere husband risk nhi Lena chahte hai to wo mujhe i- pill khaane ko bol rahe hai. Ek i-pill Maine 7month pahle bhi khaae thi to kya dusri baar khaana safe hoga? Is se future me conceive karne me koe problem to nahi hogi. Mera last period 28 Feb ko hua tha to kya is time pregnant hone k chances hain?
Is it safe to have sex after pregnancy my wife just got pregnant she just told me that her period been missed is it safe to have sex after this im also suffering from anxiety pregnancy happened before this now I can not feel more passionate more enjoying about sex can you tell me the solution of this.
Sir one more question. I got married last year White water comes in my wife's vagina Sir is this is serious problem What can I do or what should I do for her.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- You and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- You are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My age is 52 years old. I have an problem menstruation and bleeding very often. My hemoglobin is low. What should I do?
I m 22year old my wt is 50kg. I always suffers from white bleeding before my date due to this my period not come regularly missing sometime and due to this I have many blocked on my face what can ido please help.
Homeopathic treatment is recommended because it not only can lower and stabilize blood pressure, it also has a positive effect on overall health. Consult for treatment - Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic