Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manavita MahajanYour feedback matters!
I am 34 weeks pregnant. Gradually from past few days I am having pain in the upper part of vagina and lowest part of tummy. Its mild only but it feels a lot when I turn on bed or stand up from prolonged sitting or start to walk. Is this a cause of concern? How to treat this?
I'm 29 years old women, have a problem of itching in vaginal and anus area, I've recorded this problem since I had a regular menstrual. I have a boyfriend & have a physical relation with him, but I'm confused as we never had intercourse. This problem is bothering me since past month, this makes me feel uneasy & itchy, can you help me in this matter ? Thankyou.
Hello Doctor. I'm 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. Can I abort kid by just taking abortory pill or should undergo abortion? My gynic has told tablets may not work out.
I am 46 Year Old Male. I have small ill-defined, iso-hypoechoic area in right lobe of lever. Same thing was detected three years back also. I have no problem/pain and is normal healthy. My LFT report is also normal. What could be the reason for this, and what is treatment.
My girlfriend was late for her periods last 1 week we had unprotected sex and also we tested home pregnancy test the result was negative what was the problem with her.
Hi This related to my wife pregnancy problem. We already taken personal consultant with our local doctor about her pregnancy on 02.01. 2016 and found in OVARIES - ovaries both ovaries contain multiple small follicles in the periphery. Impression polycystic ovaries She got married with me on 08.06. 2015 and she will be looking for baby but still now her pregnancy not standing because of this problem we consulted doctor and found above problem. Doctor has been suggested for this tablets for 3 month and tablets name XFERT-MF and Mr. MET 500mg now almost over 2month 10 day ago. But still her pregnancy not standing. But she wants to baby. Please suggest me on this problem Regards Jayavardhan Behalf on my wife.
There is shortage of water during 8 month pregnancy, please advise its remedy to overcome this deficiency?
She is in her last trimester of pregnancy. She has now developed itching in her hands and feet past 2 days. She is having allegra 120. But no result of improvement.
Is ashokarisht syrup beneficial in periods related problem. I have very painful periods in first 2days. Moreover since may my periods cycle is coming in 40-50days. Pls advise something in ayurveda. 27/f/unmarried.
My aunt was pregnant in her old age and she want to abort that child. What are the natural methods for abortion naturally?
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
Hello doctor I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant but today mene ultrasound karaya the doctor says that only sac is seen decidual reaction in normal no fetal pole is seen sac age is 5 weeks 6 days what is the chances of viblelity of this pregnancy.
What should I do to ensure regular periods.? I am generally not regular but sometimes I get a bit tensed if it one day late.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
From last 2 months my girlfriend does not getting periods as she was suffering from typhoid now she recovered her typhoid. May I please know that why she is not getting periods.
A miscarriage, though heart wrenching, does not imply the end of the world. Unless the miscarriage is an outcome of a serious health complication, there is nothing to lose heart. In fact, many women have had successful pregnancies even after a miscarriage. Barring a few exceptions, a miscarriage during the first pregnancy reduces the chance of a miscarriage during subsequent pregnancies significantly. However, it is best to get your doubts and apprehensions cleared before you try to conceive again. An experienced gynaecologist can assist and guide you better throughout the process.
- A lot of couples wonder about the right time to conceive after a miscarriage. Do not rush into things. Miscarriage can drain out a couple physically, mentally and emotionally. Give your mind and body some time to cope with the loss. Your decision to embrace parenthood should not be influenced by any undue and baseless pressure. Patience and perseverance will make the subsequent pregnancies less stressful. To avoid complications in your next pregnancy, it is best to wait 6 months to 1 year after a miscarriage.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse immediately after a miscarriage. This might result in immense pain and vaginal infections. If you experience any discomfort, share it with your partner and the physician concerned. Getting pregnant immediately after a miscarriage will do both the mother and the foetus no good.
- In case of two or more miscarriages, getting to the underlying cause becomes very important. Medical conditions such as Diabetes, Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism), Obesity, Chromosomal aberrations or Infertility often interferes with pregnancy. With timely medical intervention, it is possible to have a healthy and safe pregnancy. To minimise the chances of a miscarriage, pregnant women are given Prenatal Vitamins (Folic Acid in particular).
- A pregnant lady should eat healthy and live healthy. The goodness of fruits and vegetables need no special mention. Regular consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits can do the mother and the developing foetus, a world of good. A healthy diet can lower the instances of a miscarriage greatly.
- Stress and anxiety are a big NO during pregnancy. Relax and try to be happy as much as possible. Go for small walks, read books, listen to music. Proper and sound sleep is extremely important. One can also indulge in light exercise. However, to be on a safer side, exercise under an expert supervision. If you have been to drinking and smoking, quit the unhealthy habits at the earliest.
A miscarriage should not push you into a state of depression. You can still have a normal pregnancy. Know your body well. Take the decision wisely only after a proper consultation with your physician.