Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Manav SachdevYour feedback matters!
Hi team. I am suffering from lower backpain. Earlier I used to suffer from neck pain but now it has been cured a bit but for a year now lower back pain is too much. I do not know what to do. I have seen many doctors, they just prescribed the pain killers which is not a solution. Now I am scared to see a doctor just bcoz of the pain killers. please help me out. I used to be a very flexible and muscular man but now, gone were the days. Hope I will be contacted soon. Thanks
I am 20 year old man. I have weak eyesight. I have irritation during the day. I checked to many doctors but not found any relief. Please tell me permanent cure.
My colleague has got 225 sugar recently which is for the first time. At the same time he has got malaria and his eye sight is extremely poor. How should he go ahead?
I have red eyes sometime. My specs no. Is 0.50R n0.75L. But m not using specs, coz I feel uncomfortable. But things r not so clear. What could I do for improving eye sight instead using specs?
My eyesight is somewhat weak means I am unable to visit the object clearly which is placed far away from me. I have to use specs of -1.5. How to increase my eye tightness so that I don't have to use specs anymore?
I have short sightedness from past 5 years and the power of lens is -2.75 (right eye) and -1.75 (left eye). My age is 18 years. How can I get it rectified? Can I get laser surgery? If yes how is the procedure? Please explain.
Visual disorders are seen to develop in school going children and should be taken care of with utmost care as neglecting such disorders may affect their learning ability. They might find it hard to adjust and cope in school. Some of the common visual disorders which children are affected with are mentioned below. Read more to find out about them:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia is a medical condition in which an eye has developed poor vision. It is also known as 'Lazy Eye'. It occurs when the vision in one eye is significantly better than the other. Amblyopia occurs due to strabismus or misaligned eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis or 'Pink Eye' occurs in children due to allergic reaction which is not contagious or due to bacterial or viral infections which are very contagious. If infected with conjunctivitis, it is advisable to stay at home to avoid spreading the infection.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. In this condition, the cornea is steep and the rays of light fall in front of the retina. This leads closer objects to look clear but far off objects to look blurred.
- Hyperopia: Hyperopia implies farsightedness. In this condition, the eye is shorter than normal hence the rays of light cannot focus clearly on the retina. This results in objects close at hand appear blurred. Reading a book or threading a needle becomes difficult.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is a condition in which both near and far off images appear blurred. In this condition, the cornea which is naturally circular is stretched in either horizontal or vertical direction. Astigmatism can occur along with myopia or hyperopia.
- Blocked tear duct: When the tear ducts are partially or completely obstructed, it hampers the drainage of tears and results in a chronically, watery infected eye. You are advised to consult an ophthalmologist if such a condition occurs.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Cellulitis generally occurs due to an eyelid infection or an upper respiratory Infection. Cellulitis includes swelling of the eyelids and fever. It is a serious medical condition and it is recommended to consult a doctor for consultation.