Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mala MakarYour feedback matters!
I have problems with teeth. When I wake up in the morning alignment of teeth is different than normal What should I have to do?
Another common problem dentists face in the clinic are patients complaining about repeated ulcers or burning sensation especially on the inside cheek areas on having anything very hot or spicy. There can be many causes of getting ulcers repeatedly.This condition is especially associated with females after menopause.
Reasons associated may be
* Hormonal changes
*medications-pain killers or antibiotics
*iron deficiency and other nutritional deficiency
*Folic Acid deficiency
*Repeated irritation from some sharp edge of teeth or dentures
*Improper oral hygiene
In many cases ulcers get healed by itself in a few days time depending upon their extent or location. In cases where they trouble you more or when it is associated with burning sensation too ,I, suggest you to start daily nutritional supplements of folic acid, Iron,and Vitamin B12.
Visit a dentist for your regular cleaning if improper hygiene seems to be the cause .They also have laser tretaments to reduce the dimensions of ulcers painlessly.
So Eat healthy and Stay Healthy......
How much money does it require for root canal therapy as I am having a hole in my front teeth, followed by ceramic crown.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from many days which makes me unable to eat anything. Will you suggest me something which makes to reduce that problem?
Sir is it true that junk food really causes ulcers iam really annoyed of these recurring ulcers. They really take my life from me. I can't eat anything without causing pain to myself. Is there any home made treatment I can indulge into.
Since I have adopted a cap on my one of the inner teeth a foul smell usually comes. What shall I do to remove it.
My wisdom tooth is refilled still its paining and lot of smell coming out of it. Pleas advice and medicine or mouthwash.
Hello doctor, I would like to know about mouth. I found some white color skin in inside my cheeks. Since last month. I swan to MD he say nothing to worry. He give me medicine of fdson. Now I feel little cheek pain under my ears. Is it serious?
I got blood in my mouth when I clean my mouth with toothbrush. Please tell me solution of my problem.
Dental problem I am 55 years. I live in a village area where no qualified doctors are available. At all we need treatment we need to go to the city. Root of gum at the upper jaw is swollen and sometimes it's aching. If I press with finger some blood comes. I am having this more than two months. Along with this I also suffer from sores on the tongue as well as at the join of gum and lip. Very difficult while eating. I am often gurgling with salt water. The sores remain more than week. Thanks.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
I have mouth smell , I also use mouth wash , can you recommend me any other mouth wash or any medicine free for smell.
Clean your front teeth in a vertical motion and back teeth in circular motion.
Always clean your tongue with tongue cleaner.
Never use needle, match stick, wooden stick etc to remove food in between teeth because these things can cause gums inflammation resulting in pocket formation.
Have a good smile.