Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mala KaliaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful journeys in a woman’s life. However, one must remember that there are several dos and don’ts linked to it. You can’t lead an undisciplined life and expect a healthy outcome. Your pregnancy has to be systematically dealt with. You have to give up on a lot of habits that could pose a risk to the health of your growing foetus. Here are some tips to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, it’s time to quit smoking. You must remember that babies born to mothers who smoke have a higher chance of being born as stillborn or prematurely. Babies have also been found to have low birth weight. This is really bad. Your baby will have to fight a lot to survive. You might be asked to undergo an emergency and untimely delivery. On the other hands, if you quit smoking, you will have lesser or no complications at all. Your foetus will be healthy and grow into a lovely and healthy infant.
- Eat well, eat right, and eat on time: Your diet plays an essential role in your entire pregnancy. You must include all essential nutrients in your diet. Don’t skip your meals and try to have a balanced diet. Avoid spicy and oily food as you experience indigestion issues due to pregnancy hormones. You will need to take some 300 calories extra per day for your foetus. Add vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Take multivitamins: Pregnancy leads to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. You must take a lot of multi vitamins to avoid the deficiency. Ideally, one must start taking the additional vitamin supplements before the pregnancy starts. Thereafter, she must continue with the recommended doses. For example, Omega 3 reduces the chances of giving birth to premature babies.
- Take sufficient rest: You must take rest in adequate amounts and take up moderate exercises in a day for not more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t be exposed to toxics: You should try and minimise the chances of getting exposed to toxic substances.
- Destress yourself: Try and destress yourself by listening to good music, reading a book or taking a careful massage. But you must avoid moving outdoors.
- Drink water: You must drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Your fluid balance must be maintained throughout the pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 27 years old working lady having weight around 80 kg, I wants to conceive, can you please suggest me how much weight should be there for conceive and other additional information?
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
I am virgin. I had unprotected sex one time and had sex only once in my life that to unsatisfied because of fear and pain. Having body pains, feel like restless, vomiting sensation and etc. Any one suggest any medicines. Do I get pregnant for once? My date was 5th. I had sex on 15th. I ask this question before also but one doctor said yes you 'll get pregnant and another said no chance. Whom I have to trust. Please confirm my answer. Yes or no.
Hello sir/ madam. I m 17 years old girl. My periods are always late for 4 or 7 days always the date of periods is change please tell me what can I do?
My girlfriend experienced lil blood every time we have sex. Her cycle is proper. Bt we r tensed with such experience. Is it normal?
I am 27 years old & I want to plan my baby after 30 and my husband is only 28 years old. Is there any problem to plan a baby after the age of 30?
My wife's pregnency is 26 weeks.We had a scan 4 weeks ago at 22 weeks. In which Dr. Found , high resistance flow in left uterine artiery . Is this dangerous for baby or normal thing. Kindly suggest me . I m so worry.
Allergies, or allergic reactions, are common occurrences, which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
Hi , I'm 23 years old girl and didn't get my periods this month. My previous date was on 16th Feb. I had my periods this month on 16th but till to date I haven't got it. It's 11 days now. I have taken the pregnancy test and its negative. I even took mensovit plus tablets.Can you please suggest me any tablets?
Uterine Fibroids are mainly tumor growths in the lower muscle area of the uterus. The case is mostly found in teenagers and also in women who are in the age of childbearing. Normally, such tumors are not cancerous but they can be very painful at times.
Symptoms of uterine fibroids
A slight pain in the lower abdomen during the menstruation period is normal due to passes of the blood. But if it is the case of uterine fibroids, then a number of other symptoms are also noticed. Some of the symptoms that are there in case of uterine fibroids are:
- Prolonged amount of bleeding from the uterus,
- Extensive pain in the uterus during the menstruation period,
- Pressure is created on the urinary bladder that leads to urination at frequent intervals,
- Constipation due to pressure on the rectum,
- Anaemia and also chronic backache.
Medicines for uterine fibroids
Often many people take such pain situations to be normal and they try various natural home remedies to get instant relief. But such remedies provide temporary relief the symptoms start again after some time. There are some allopathic medicines that are also helpful in instant relief but for a complete cure, the patient needs to go for a surgery of the tumor. In case if you do not wish to go for the surgery procedure, then you can trust some of these homoeopathic medicine options.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is often prescribed to women to face problems of menstruation periods going on for long and excessive amount of bleeding. Such women also face from cold feet and chilling sensations during the menstruation period. Also, this medicine can be consumed by women who are a bit overweight.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This particular medicine is for women who face menstruation period at short frequent intervals. It may also happen that the patient has not yet overcome the already over periods and again the periods may start after just a few days. This leads in lot of severe pain and cramps in the uterus as well as at the back. For such issues, Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris is the best option.
- Trillium Pendulum: There are many cases when other things such as the amount of blood and the frequency of the menstruation period may remain proper but the patient may face some other unusual problem. The medicine Trillium Pendulum is prescribed to patients who face a smelly menstruation discharge.
- Fraxinus Americana: This particular medicine is rarely prescribed because it is for patients with rare symptoms of uterine fibroids. There are some rare cases when the patient may feel sensations during the passes of the menstrual flow. This may get accompanied by cramps in the feet.
Uterine Fibroids is the most commonly found disease these days. But avoiding the symptoms can lead to severe cases and hence choosing a safe way of treatments such as homeopathic is the best solution. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!