Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Makkar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MakkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a sudden dizziness since two three days. I have this feeling of high suddenly sometimes, the kind of high which we have when we drink. It occurs even when i'm not doing any physical activity. What should be done?
Hi Doctor I am always having nasal congestion at one side in nose. I have recently got ct scan and doctor told that there is little mucus in forehead above eye brow and also little narrow in one side of the nose. Please suggest some things to get rid of the nasal congestion. Thanks for your time and suggestions.
What is difference between tonsillitis and tonsil stone? And can it b detected? I have tonsillitis from last 4 years and have been under treatment sporadically. It does not pain nor it does inflame. It does not give me any problem. It comes and go. It repeats almost every 45-60 days but it does not hurt. I have one problem and that is bad breath due it which I do not like at all. I am under homeopathy treatment for it but I am thinking to abort the treatment. Should I abort the treatment? I thinking to put a permanent solution to it but when I talk to doctor they said it has only one permanent solution and that is tonsillectomy so my question is should I go for the surgery or does it have any other permanent solution? Because it is really a thing which no body would like to have. please help me. Thanks.
I am 24 year old Vishal , I am suffering from tonsil and feeling irritation at throat can you sugest me any home made remedy .
While swallowing I felt little bit pain. This occurs frequently and automatically it will gone. I want permanent solution to this problem. What should I do.
I am 22 year old and after eating food sometimes I got some problems in my throat like some pain and acid issue in my stomach. Please tell me what I do.
I am 25 years old male past 4 months I feel something in my throat but I can swallow. If I eat it comes back and then i'll swallow again. Sometimes I feel dry throat. Please reply me .
My son s 11 month old he is having running nose and night time he not able to SLP and keeps crying. I gave coriminic syrup 3 ml. Past two days he s having. Little cough started. Can saline nasal drop will help. Can I switch Ac or fan. For nose block.Please tell.
What can you do for your cold or cough symptoms? besides drinking plenty of fluids and getting plenty of rest, you may want to take medicines. There are lots of different cold and cough medicines, and they do different things.
Nasal decongestants - unclog a stuffy nose
Cough suppressants - quiet a cough
Expectorants - loosen mucus so you can cough it up
Antihistamines - stop runny noses and sneezing
Pain relievers - ease fever, headaches, and minor aches and pains
Here are some other things to keep in mind about cold and cough medicines. Read labels, because many cold and cough medicines contain the same active ingredients. Taking too much of certain pain relievers can lead to serious injury. Do not give cough medicines to children under four, and don't give aspirin to children. Finally, antibiotics won't help a cold.
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.