Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhulika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MadhulikaYour feedback matters!
Im 25 years female and my problem is regarding periods ,its not happening every months and delay for 15 days or 1 month . I concerned with so many doctors but aft stopping their medicines same problem is happening , what I do ?
After taking an emergency contraceptive pill when should I expect my next periods. If I got two internal periods for 3 days after a week frm taking pill. Nd my last month period date was 25 oct. I got first internal bleeding on 7 nov nd then week later. When should I expect my nrml mensuration cycle.
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please suggest me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
Tiredness isn't just a result of working too hard. Tiredness or fatigue can be described as a lack of energy, motivation and can be physical, mental or a combination of both. Tiredness is often a symptom of a much larger health issue such as Anemia, Diabetes, Thyroid disease or heart diseases. Some of the common causes of fatigue are:
- Lack of sleep: Fatigue is one of the first symptoms of sleep deprivation. A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed on daily basis to keep a person healthy. Quality of sleep also plays a major role here. Patients of sleep apnea also commonly show signs of fatigue.
- Bad diet: A balanced diet helps you maintain your weight and keeps you energized. Eating a lot of junk food can make your blood sugar level fluctuate. When the sugar level drop below normal, the person is likely to feel tired and drained out.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where the body suffers from a lack of iron. Without enough iron the red blood cells in blood cannot carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This makes the heart work faster to pump blood and can make you tire easily.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is said to wake the system up and boost energy levels. However, like sugar, caffeine make energy levels fluctuate. As the level of caffeine in the body reduces, the person will begin to feel tired. Not drinking enough water along with your coffee can worsen this situation.
- Dehydration: Water is necessary not only to keep the body hydrated, but also to keep it energized. This is because the loss of fluid in the body can result in lowering the blood volume. This makes the heart work harder to pump oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body.
Fatigue is often not diagnosed till very late. There are many reasons for this. Primary amongst these are:
- Age: We assume that we are feeling tired only because we are growing older. However, the cause of fatigue may have nothing to do with age.
- Gradual onset: We are often not aware of how tired we are until we reach a point where we are completely drained out. Fatigue has a very gradual onset and is rarely noticed in the early stages.
- Misinterpretation: Complaints of feeling tired are often mistaken for lack of motivation and laziness.
The easiest way to prevent fatigue is to maintain a regular waking and sleeping schedule and to eat a healthy diet. Also, try and be physically more active.
Hi I had my periods by Feb 25 and by March 3rd I had intercourses with my hubby. My cycle is 28 days. But still I dint get periods. Is that I am pregnant I am more panic pls help me with and.
As per your suggestion for hospitalization due to malaria malaria in pregnancy. I hospitalized they giving monocef and antimalarial drug with dcn. Now in report negative shown but hemoglobin level is 7.6 i.e. Less now what precautions should be taken and will it effect baby.
Hi Dear doctors, Is it safe to use climax delay condoms, is there any side-effects in using those condom. Why because while using climax delay some burning sensation is there for few min. Please suggest,
One may never know when he or she might need to use a public toilet. And whenever it comes to using a toilet that is used by so many different people, the question regarding the presence of germs on the toilet seat is bound to arise. Often, the toilet seats in a public toilet are associated with being the biggest source of germs in the restrooms. Read on to know the actual relevance of germs being on the toilet seats and whether they can affect one’s health or not.
Common germs on the toilet seats
The chance of having sexually transmitted viruses such as genital herpes or bacteria such as chlamydia from the toilet seats is really low, as these microbes tend to die just as they come in contact with a cold surface, such as the toilet seats. However, there are few other bacteria present, that one can pick up from a toilet seat easily. To name some of the common germs that one can get affected with from toilet seats are, the fecal borne E. Coli bacteria, Shigella bacteria, Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and influenza.
The serious health threats that germs pose
Though the chances of developing serious health conditions as a result of using toilet seats are lesser, it doesn't mean that there is no risk of illnesses. For example, while the majority influenza virus can live for only 2 or 3 days on a non-porous surface, such as the toilet seats, some virus strains can actually survive longer and may affect one with common cold or flu.
- Escherichia coli is another very common bacteria found on the toilet seats that can make you suffer from diarrhea and other types of stomach distress when transmitted.
- Bacteria like Staphylococcus can contaminate non-porous surfaces for more than two months. Spending 3 minutes on a toilet seat contaminated with this bacterium can lead to skin rash or skin infections. Also, bacteria like Shigella can affect one by causing shigellosis infections with abdominal pain, dysentery, etc.
The best way to deal with toilet seat germs
The chances of being affected by bacteria are certainly lesser when using a cleaner toilet seat than that of a dirty one. Plus, after using the toilet seat, one needs to wash their hands properly to avoid the chance of bacterial infection as much as possible. Unless one washes his hands, it is advised to not to touch the mouth, eyes, nose, or other sensitive areas and any food items with the hands. Carrying antibacterial alcohol wipes can be helpful too.
Prevention is always better than cure. Thus, one needs to be alert when using a toilet. After all, even the cleanest looking toilet seat may be a home to various illness causing bacteria invisible to normal eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.