Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu GuptaYour feedback matters!
PCOS is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of appearance. It can also affect long term health.
1. Irregular periods or no periods at all
2. Difficulty becoming pregnant (reduced fertility)
3. Having more facial or body hair than is usual for you (hirsutism)
4. Being overweight, rapid increase in weight, difficulty losing weight
5. Oily skin, acne
6. Depression and mood swings
The cause of PCOS is not yet known. PCOS sometimes runs in families. If any of your relatives (mother, sister or aunts) are affected with PCOS, your own risk of developing PCOS is increased. The symptoms of PCOS are related to abnormal hormone levels. Hormones are chemical messengers which control body functions. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the level of glucose (a type of sugar) in the blood.
If you have PCOS, your body may not respond to the hormone insulin (known as insulin resistance, so the level of glucose is higher). To prevent the glucose levels becoming higher, your body produces more insulin. High levels of insulin can lead to weight gain, irregular periods, infertility and higher levels of testosterone.
This disorder affects the function of the ovaries, which produce eggs and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone. As the ovaries aren't working properly, eggs may not be released in a regular monthly cycle.
I am 30 years women trying to 2nd baby. My gynic prescribed clofert 100 in my cycle 3rd day to 7th day. My period is late but no symptoms of pregnancy .only my stomach is bloating. Any chances to get pregnancy?
Coccydynia - Tailbone Pain:
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia.
What is coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal neuralgia is also same as coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone unlocked, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with coccyx exercise.
- The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks.
Plz help periods nai aa rahe hai laste date 21 Dec thi n meri frnd ne 27 Dec ko sex kiya tha usne three times check kiya but teeno time n vo three alag brand ki pregnancy kit se negative aya result n still no period please n usne deviry 10 mg 5 days b li koi fark nai hai please help coz she is unmarried n she is only 22 year old plz.
Regulate Irregular Menstrual Cycle ( for all age female)
One of the prevalent problems among women is the irregular periods or menstrual cycle. Delayed menstruation can lead to a lot of issues for women and can also affect their overall health. Since menstrual cycle is a natural process that happens after every 28 days, irregularities might affect the functioning of the body.
A Balanced Diet
To keep the body functions normal especially menstruation where women are concerned, a balanced diet is very imperative. Green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, juices and nuts plays a very significant role here. Along with this it is important to maintain the intake of three large meals every day that are full of nutrients and provide you with the required quantity of the same. Make sure you also adhere to small quantities of food in between the larger ones to fill in the gap. This will make sure that you do not lack any nutrients
Drink Abundant Water
Water is one magical potion that is a remedy for most of the health ailments. 10-15 glasses of water everyday keeps the body clean from toxins and impurities as well as regulate the functioning of the body and improve blood circulation. This in turn will help you in regularizing periods in case you are suffering from this issue. So make sure you drink plenty of water on a consistent basis!
Avoid Alcohol and Smoke
Smoking and consuming alcohol are two of those habits that can really trigger the problem and might escalate to a serious level. It also hinders the menstruation cycle according to many researches. A lot of professionals also believe that excessive smoking and alcohol can also have a bad impact on fertility of a woman. Therefore, try and keep away from both of these especially if you are suffering from irregularity of periods. This will not only prevent but also treat the issue to a great extent.
Limit Caffeine Intake
Caffeine is another form of drink that can really heighten the problem of irregularities in periods. Try and avoid tea and coffee as well as energy drinks as much as possible. This will only help you in maintaining good health and normal body functioning.
Along with this refined foods like refined sugar, refined flour and rice should be kept away from. Salt intake should be totally limited during the time of the cycle.
Meditation and Exercise
These healthy habits will make you stress free and relax your senses which in turn will trigger the proper secretion of the hormones in the body. Consistent meditation for at least 45-60 minutes everyday will get you freedom from the problem of irregular periods. Walking, jogging and light exercises are some of the other ways to achieve your goal without much hassle.
Benefit of Asafetida
All you have to do in fry a dash of asafetida in a little of clarified butter and use a teaspoon of the same to mix in with a glass of buttermilk. Now have this liquid once everyday until the problem totally subsides. Remember, that a home remedy can only be effective if followed regularly without skipping.
Acupuncture or Acupressure Treatment for Menstrual cycle
I have treated many cases of Acupuncture method , what I mentioned above if facing problem in initial stage if this Menstrual problem sustaining for long time need to be treat, that too young age female need to get treatment as soon as possible for their normal cyclic life ? taking medicine most of the time become addict to the medicine some time prescribe dosage may not give preferring result and be aware of side effect of this medicines , My treatment method 100% drugless and effective method can contact me for more clarification or treatment ?live with healthy menstrual cycle ? Acupuncture Healer Nazir Sheriff- +91 9789908903- www.Acuheal.In