Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have an abortion 4 months ago and after that I have used novelon medicine .but now I don't get my periods at time .my periods are not regular last month I got my periods only for 1 day and in this month I got my periods only for 1 hour .so what is the problem behind that? Is it a big problem? How I will recover back to get again pregnant Nd get my periods regular?
I am 20yrs old and my girlfriend has 20yrs before two days we done sex by using condom. Now she is getting pains. Now without getting pregnant is there any tablets or precautions? and can we eat papaya to avoid pregnancy?
Hi I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. On ultrasound it showed two gestational sac, so I'm expecting twins. Can I continue my job or should I sit at home completely (as twins are expected to be high risk). I've got mixed opinions on this. I am an ophthalmologist so do hv some running around and long working hours especially during ot.
My wife's (29y) menstrual period has begun after a gap of 2 months. Now firstly, that itself is a problem And whenever it is this time of the month, I can see her struggling with pain in her lower abdomen. 1) What can be done to reduce the pain that she endures every month, and 2) What is the reason for such a delayed period?
Hello doctor, I eat food properly after that I am so week please give me a advice and I am a girl and 20 yrs old. I just want to become healthy.
In the present day and age, everyone’s always in a hurry. This has increased the tendency of multitasking in most people, whether it’s at their workplace, at home or while eating.
Studies have indicated that completing a single task at a time scores over multitasking and the latter even has some scary after-effects. It’s been proven that multitasking can have a huge negative influence on your brain as well as your career. Read on to find out the three ways in which multitasking is actually doing you more harm than good.
1. Your IQ level is lowered due to multitasking
Studies have revealed that multitasking can slow down your responses and even lower your IQ. A study conducted by the University of London observed a group of adults who were regularly asked to multitask. The results showed a considerable decline in the IQ level of the participants and the effects of multitasking were equated with those experienced after smoking marijuana or remaining awake all night. It was also observed that the IQ drop among some of the men resulted in them achieving IQ scores that match that of an 8-year-old child.
2. Multitasking can harm your brain
A research conducted by the University of Sussex, UK, proved that multitasking can lower your brain density in the anterior cingulate cortex (the area responsible for your emotional and cognitive control). This study analysed the MRI scans of the brains of the participants while they were multitasking (like working with multiple electronic devices). In conclusion, the researchers found out that the processes going on in the human body while interacting with multiple devices at once affect the brain’s natural structure negatively, thus hampering your ability to make wise decisions.
3. Multitasking worsens your performance at work
Studies reveal that multitasking exposes your brain to multiple streams of electronic information at once, which drastically interferes with your capacities of paying attention and remembering details.
Organizing thoughts in a proper manner also becomes difficult for people who multitask. They often fail to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant data, and show slow responses when asked to switch from one task to another. Your brain has been designed to handle and focus on only one task as a time, so if you multitask it cannot perform the multiple tasks with the same efficiency and speed. As a result, the quality of work reduces and your productivity decreases to a large extent if this continues for a long time. Moreover, multitasking can have a negative impact on your overall performance at your workplace, which can adversely impact your career in the long run.
So, if you find yourself multitasking often due to lack of time or work pressure, don’t let it turn into a regular habit. This will not only keep the quality of your work intact, but will also save you from potential brain damage.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi. Got married in 2012 .N I have been diagnosed with pcod. N under treatment using medicines since past three years. Had reduced almost five kilos .Taken follicular study several times .Sometimes follicle there sometimes not .Can you suggest any other alternative.
My wife is not showing any interest in having sex. If I force or request she simply alleluias in it. But during sex he enjoys a lot. But I do get mood to have sex with her more often at least weekly twice. What can I do to get her mood.
Hi. My wife suffers sever pain at the time when her period starts. Doctor told me that she has polycystic ovaries by sering her" fsh" and another same kind of test of which I don't remember the name right now. Why does she get do much pain that she ev err n cries during this. She is 26 years old. We have been married from the past one year. Her condition during her periods was the same even before our marriage. She even does not conceive. My sperm analysis indicate that sperm motility is 30%.
I have period problem. I used novelon tablets last 9 months. Btut last 15 days I dont used any tablets. & the problems begin. Doc told me that I have a hormon problem. My period is irregular & too much pain. What should I do?
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My gf is having a problem blood comes from vagina when she use toilet and she is not having periods this month.
Sex is enjoyable. However, there are occasions where the sex is no longer pleasurable, like when the male develops a cut on his penis during or after intercourse. Surprisingly, penis tears are very common. But it is not frequently reported by men because of feeling ashamed about admitting the problem to their doctors. However, no matter how small the cut, you should go to see your physician, especially if the tear heals slowly.
Causes of Penis Tears
Penis tears can result from a variety of causes. The most common are:
Friction - The most obvious cause of a cut on the penis is too much friction during sex. While it is true that the more friction between the vagina and the penis the more pleasure is generated, it also goes along this line that penile injury is more likely to occur. Guys endowed with bigger penises should bear in mind that they are more at risk of such injuries, especially if they have sex with a smaller partner or if they love to have deep penetration sex.
Frenulum injury - There is a structure underneath the penis head that is known as the frenulum. It is like a ridge of small skin connecting the head of the penis to the shaft skin. A shorter frenulum means that the penile skin is dragged easily forward and back during sex. When the skin is tugged back, the action will cause some pain or discomfort. At some point, when the sex is already too hard, the frenulum may be ripped or torn, resulting in bleeding.
Balanitis - This is a condition that often surfaces as a result of chronic diabetes. Diabetic patients are at risk because wound healing is generally slowed down. But in most cases, balinitis is caused by poor hygiene and infection; that's why uncircumcised men are more prone to getting this condition. It is characterized by an inflammation of the penile head and the foreskin. Men usually suspect balanitis if their penises are easily reddened, especially at the head part. Rashes on the same area are frequently seen as well.
Yeast infection - The most common type of male yeast infection is the one affecting the male reproductive organ. Sexual dysfunction, burning sensation during sex, reddened penis head and blistered penile trunk are the most common signs and symptoms of yeast infection. Rashes, swelling, and a cut on the penis also develop more easily among yeast-infected males.
Other causes - Genital piercings and an allergy to latex condoms have also been reported to cause a cut on the penis