Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lovleen JohriYour feedback matters!
Hi, me and my bf had a sex last month with protection but in last we removed protection and had sex, but he didn't ejaculate, and I got my periods a bit delay of 3-4 days, now will I get pregnant.
My sister is pregnant. While cooking food she feels like omitting due the smell of cooking. What shall she do. And why is this happening.
My friend has married since 2 years but he has no baby. He has got sperm test and find that he has no sperm count. He is worried about it. He usually eat junk food. Please suggest if it can be cured.
I was having pcos since when I got first period. I'm having one child he is 14 years old. I done many treatment for pco but last one year I hv stopped the treatment but two month before I hv done sonography in that report there is no pco has been seen. Can it possible that I'm free from this disease and in future it will not come back .From two three months I'm having regular periods. Now can I conceive second child.
Angioplasty is referred to as a cardiac procedure, which involves widening the narrowed section of a coronary artery. Usually performed by an interventional cardiologist, this procedure is performed in a cardiac catheterization lab, short for a cath lab. An interventional cardiologist takes extra care to review the risks, in addition to obtaining your counsel prior to preparing you for the procedure. The physician also refers to your medical history in order to determine the amount of anesthesia that should be used.
What happens during the procedure?
Although mild sedatives will be administered to help you relax, the process requires you to remain awake throughout the procedure. The procedure of angioplasty involves cardiac catheterization. The doctor numbs the intended site through medications and inserts the catheter. Following such the doctor inserts a thin sheath in your artery, oftentimes in your groin or arm. A long, narrow, empty tube known as a catheter, is then carefully guided through the sheath, through the blood vessels and into the arteries near the heart.
A little amount of liquid is then injected through the catheter, which is moved through the chambers, valves and vessels of the heart. This movement is then pictured with the help of X-rays, with which the doctors can diagnose the condition and working of the coronary arteries and the heart valve.
The surgical procedure lasts for around 1.5 - 2.5 hours, but the preparation and post - surgical procedures may take several hours. A patient is usually made to stay overnight to be monitored by medical personnel.
What to expect before an Angioplasty?
Most people are made to undergo a blood test and electrocardiogram before having an angioplasty. Usually scheduled a day before the procedure, such tests usually require separate appointments. Usually patients are restricted to eat since 12 hours before the exam.
What happens post-procedure?
After the procedure, you will be instructed to remain flat for 5-6 hours without bending your legs, so as to prevent bleeding. The nurse will instruct you as to when you can get up from your bed. You may not be permitted to drink or eat until the groin sheath is removed as such can cause nausea.
According to the procedure, the doctor will provide you with adequate after care advice.
I am 26 years old I had my first baby last year since that I am not getting my periods on time. I tried to visit doctor she gave me some medicines through which periods only happened for one month after that again no periods for almost an year now.
My wife doesn't have period last month and still she has no period. We have some protect sex last month. Pregnancy test is negative which was check last week. Than what is the issues with her?
My aunt is suffering from gas problem. She never skips her breakfast, lunch or dinner still she complaints of having pain In her body due to gas. She takes pain killer every single day. Isn't there any way her gas problem can be cured? Help!
My wife has two chocolate cysts in the right ovary and has been suggested two options - 1. Remove by laparoscopic surgery. 2. Reduce size of chocolate cysts by taking injections (lupride Depot 3.75 mg) for 2-3 months and then remove by laparoscopic surgery. Reducing size will make the surgery easier for doctor and recovery easier for patient due to reduced adhesions. I have read somewhere that these are supposed to be injected within 5 days of period date, please tell me if this is true? Her last period was on 14 the July, so can we inject lupride Depot 3.75 mg now or should we wait for her next period in August? Which of the above two options is more recommended?
I had unprotected sex yesterday (Although the semen wasn't released inside) and I'm deciding to take emergency contraceptive pill. What are the side effects of it. I had my last cycle was on 8th of this month. Is there more chances of getting pregnant?
I am an 35 years married women with 6 years son I was very lean like stik I dont have any disease I went complete investigation complete normal result in all the test I want to improve my health what should I do now ?
Become physically active everyday which will improve your posture, muscle strength and balance and will prevent you from falling.
I am a working woman and my baby is 10 months old. She does like to eat anything. She only want breast feeding. What to do?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.
My Age 24 years .since too much stress I had not get period since 2 months. please suggest me any medicine so I get period early. And also some home remedies.
Dear My wife occurs infertility problem since 6 years my marriages complete 7 years, but infertility problem till date so 1 irregular periods: 2 ovulations occurs late as per 20 to 22 days In some time no ovulations, all medicines ,injections proper done to take but not conceive 3 blood reports are normal 4 weight as per bmi no problem age 27 and weight 52 KGS 5 thyroids starting problem after diagnosis normal stage last 5 years thyroid tablets continue 50 mg at till normal levels 6 HSG no problem 7 PCT test also normal Please advice me treatment on infertility issues Or treatment Only issue on not proper ovulation in day 14 to 16 so better treatment?
I am 24 years married female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. But when I visited clinic Gyno Dr. advised me that never go for abortion because it is your first pregnancy so please continue it if you don't continue it you may face problem in future. So my question is this is it true or doubtful ?Please advise.
Hi my wife's carrying now 3 months. Now we can have intercourse or not. But now hw we can do. Pls tell me. She getting white discharges.
From an early age we’re taught that alcohol is bad for us, but is that really true? Drinking yourself silly every night can have disastrous consequences, but having one drink a day is associated with a number of health benefits. The key here is moderation. Moderate drinking can be defined as one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. This is a daily quote system and not to be taken as an average over time.
Here are a few ways your body can benefit from the occasional drink:
- It boosts cardiovascular health: Many types of alcohol are rich in phenols. This helps fight stress, reduces the risk of hypertension and can protect the heart against a number of cardiovascular conditions. Moderate amounts of alcohol can also increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body and influence the clotting of blood. Higher levels of cholesterol help protect against heart diseases while by influencing the blood clotting process, alcohol can indirectly help prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
- It slows aging: Some types of alcohol like wine are rich in antioxidants. This helps flush toxins out of the body and can slow down the aging process. An antioxidant called resveratrol that is found in red wine can even increase the lifespan of cells and activate enzymes that slow down the aging process. It is also said to increase DNA stability thus extending a person’s lifespan.
- It can help fight diseases: Alcohol is said to lower the risk of catching a cold. A warm drink like brandy can also be used to treat sore throats and a cough. Tonic water contains quinine that is anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties. Though medication for malaria is now easily available, tonic water can be used to treat the initial phase of the disease if proper medication is not available.
- It enhances your libido: Excessive drinking can lower your sex drive, but when consumed in moderation, alcohol can lower the risk of erectile dysfunction. Moderate amounts of alcohol also help lower inhibitions and thus encourage people to form sexual relationships.
- It improves cognitive ability: Almost all forms of alcohol contain ethanol that helps neurons resist wear and tear. This can lower a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia later in life. It can also enhance problem solving abilities and encourage creativity.
All of the above benefits are applicable only if alcohol is consumed in moderation. Thus do not use them to binge drink.