My name is Dr. Lochan. I am a physiotherapist in musculoskeletal and a dietitian.
Today we are going to cover a very important topic and a very in topic, keto diet and high protein diet. First of all you need to understand what is protein? Protein it is a body building block it gives you energy or turn into fat. But our body can’t consume too much of amino acid and proteins which can be used later on so ultimately if you take high, access of high protein diet it will convert into fat. So keep in mind whatever protein you are having it should be the optimum quantity just not to gain your muscle it will gain your weight again otherwise. Yes with the protein diet you can lose faster, what only you need to do, you only need to cut the portion of carbs and make a portion for protein. Now the question is how much protein do you require on daily bases. Only 30% of the calories you require for the protein on the daily basis. For example 1 gram of protein is ok for 1 kg of weight. If your weight is 60 kg you need only 1 gram of protein. Just keep in mind not to take too much weight otherwise this can cause side effects which will tell you in a later stage. Second if we are talking about carbs, 50 to 150 grams of carbohydrates are sufficient for daily basis for a good weight loss. Now if we discuss the side effect of high protein diet, there can be many disorders it can effect on the fitness level. That is the main reason why people come to us and say we are having a multiple joint pain, we are having some dehydration problems, and we feel fatigue instead of taking high protein diet. So what are the side effects? High protein diet stores in your body and weakens your kidney. I can cause a damage to your kidney. How because high protein intake causes dehydration because kidney works continuously to wash out all the extra protein through urine and causes dehydration ultimately. So you should provide access of high protein to prevent other body organs. Second it can cause access of body fat it can cause a very important disorder which is a multiple joint pain. Multiple joint pain is condition in which you affect with arthritis rheumatoid arthritis reduction in joint space, lubricant can get reduced and you feel pain all the time. Then people say after doing gym they are having pain but when we were doing exercises because protein you were absorbing. Now if you are not doing exercises protein gets collected and causes joint pain. So you should provide high protein diets. And lastly we are going to discuss the conditions in which you should avoid keto diets and a high protein diet, it is very much important for every person to know your metabolism what can suit on your body. Condition are like if you are having already kidney effected like high creatinine level, if you are diabetic, if you eye side is too much weak, if you are having arthritis, if you are already having, multiple joint pain not only taking protein can improve your pain but it can cause more pain it can degeneration, then ultimately ligaments rupture, then problem can start because I am a physiotherapist. We see daily patients related to diet, related to physio, related to pain, they come so we correlate what can be the issues. So we avoid high protein diets. It should be taken again I am saying it should be taken in an optimum quantity. So keep in mind take proper portion of carbs, proper portions of fats, proper portion of protein all together.
Thank you for watching our video if you need a detail diet plan related to metabolism related to any deficiency of your height, weight you can us. Thank you so much.read more
Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lochan Arora
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Nutrition For Pregnant Women
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Treatment of Splinting
Submit a review for Dr. Lochan AroraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lochan Arora to be caring. Thanks..i think it's helpful for her....but we are already completed all these treatments..
Sarfaraz Y Patel
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lochan Arora to be very helpful. What a suggestion by Dr. Lochan arora. ..brilliant. .mark of 10by10
At first visit i feel very good and positive approach from doctor,hope her advice help me to loose weight soon.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lochan Arora to be saved my life. Thanks for these answers
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lochan Arora to be helped me improve my health. Ty
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lochan Arora to be knowledgeable. Ok thanks
doctor is very knowledgeable, clinic facilities are also good.
Eating out and eating healthy usually do not go hand in hand. You would be more likely to gorge on junk food instead of its healthier counterparts while eating out with your family. When it comes to eating out, you may not always know about the healthy items available at your disposal; this very fact pushes you more towards the unhealthier variants.
But hey! We’ve got ways to stop you getting swept off by that hungry tide churning in your belly. Below mentioned are just a few tips that could come in handy, if you decide to finally drop by that uber cool restaurant you were planning to go to!
- Read the menu carefully: Go through the menu carefully before ordering your food. Look for dishes that are less oily and do not contain hidden sugars. If you are not sure about the calorific content of the dish, you could ask the person in charge about it. Or, go for options that you already are aware of; both the food and its supposed calorie content.
- Eat a healthy snack before your meal: To reduce your portion size of the main course, you can eat a healthy snack to act as filler. Opt for healthy snacks such as chickpeas or a handful of almonds before eating out; it can make you eat less during the main course.
- Drink water right before the meal: Drinking a glass or two of water right before the meal serves as a technique widely used by diligent weight watchers. Water contains no calories and acts as an internal cleanser for your body.
- Skip the dessert: The dessert is one portion of the meal that is filled with empty calories. In this country, the dessert occupies a generous space in every foodie’s list and belly. However, remember that it is often the dessert that is responsible for the saggy abdominal fat you hate to look at. If you don’t want to skip the dessert, readily go for simpler alternatives like the humble plain curd topped with slices of fresh fruits or the ever gratifying Greek yogurt. Sweet indulgence at its healthiest best!
- Say vinegar: Might not sound very intelligent, but then try mixing a teaspoon of vinegar to a glass of water and then drink it. Vinegar is known to have properties that reduce your cravings. It also lowers the blood sugar levels in the body. Surprised, you will be.
- Control your portion sizes: The buffet spread could just be your undoing at the dinner table. Don’t get overboard looking at the variety and try to keep a check on the portion sizes. Keep the portions small and avoid taking any extra helping. If the hunger pangs do not subside, go for salads. Don’t get bored already. Salads can come in a delicious platter and amaze you with its health benefits. The Russian salad can never go wrong.
- Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated beverages should not be brewing in your head if you are a weight watcher. Cold drinks and other carbonated beverages contain empty calories that should be absolutely got over with; irrespective of how health conscious you are.
Eggs are usually the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a protein source that is cheap and easily available. You can eat them boiled, fried, scrambled or pair them with other foods. They are a powerhouse of nutrients such as vitamins and minerals that nourish your body.
Here are the reasons why eggs are considered to be the perfect super foods:
- Eggs contain Antioxidants: Eggs contain antioxidants such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin that help in providing nourishment to the eyes. It prevents certain diseases such as macular degeneration and eye cataracts.
- They are a nutrient powerhouse: They contain heart healthy fats, protein, Vitamins, minerals and other trace nutrients. They are also rich in Phosphorus, iron and Vitamin A. Don’t throw the yolk away fearing its cholesterol content as it contains most of the egg’s nutrients.
- They promote satiety: The carbohydrate content in eggs not being excessive, it spares the blood sugar levels from the dreaded spikes. Also, the high protein content of eggs tends to promote satiety. Eating eggs on a regular basis as a part of a healthy diet is known to reduce weight and lead to fat loss.
- They are good for your hair and skin: They contain Vitamin B12 and sulphur, both of them being panaceas of skin and hair related woes. Eggs are known to be the best sources of keratin (a type of protein present in nails and hair) in terms of bioavailability. (Bioavailability is how well a nutrient is absorbed by your body.)
- Boosts good cholesterol levels in the body: Regular egg consumption has been shown to increase good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body, which in turn reduce chances of stroke and other heart diseases.
- They contain protein in good amounts: Eggs are the cheapest source of proteins and also the most readily available ones. They contain all the 9 essential amino acids that are required by the body. Eggs are one of the most preferred foods to gain muscle as the protein from eggs can easily be absorbed by the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife age 65 height 5 ft 03 inch weight 65-68 kg Diabetic last 25 years under control with insulin inj twice a day. Also kidney patient creatinine around 3.6. She had a silent heart attack nov 2016 Underwent breast surgery left breast removed 30th april. 2018. Originally chemo therapy recommended by surgeon but on review chemo not indicated she is only on medicine. Due acute breathlessness was admitted to icu for three days mid july where main treatment was observation and lasix injection to remove body fluid. Though discharged, recovery is not complete and nausea, lack of appetite breathlessness persists Initially recovery 30/4/ to mid june early july was ok now cause of concern is discomfort query is, is it normal? We have met heart and kidney specialists please help.
It is a universally known fact that milk is good for your health, unless you are lactose intolerant of course. But have you ever taken a close look at what milk really accomplishes for your body? Knowing about the medical advantages of consuming milk can also inspire you to include this nutritious item in your diet on a regular basis.
- Astonishing Complexion: A glowing complexion is everyone's dream. And milk keeps your skin to stay supple, delicate and sparkling. This is because of the numerous vitamins and nutritional supplements it contains. Drinking about two glasses of milk every day can offer you this benefit in a wonderful way.
- Solid Teeth: Milk is a powerhouse of calcium, and that is precisely what your teeth need. Milk also helps in avoiding depressions and tooth rot. Along with calcium, vitamin D is also extremely important for your body, so ensure that the milk you drink is laced with vitamin D.
- Solid Bones: You already know that children need to drink milk regularly to build healthy bones and it's also good for their overall development. But grown-ups can also benefit by drinking milk to keep their bones solid, which will lessen the danger of osteoporosis. Once more, this advantage originates from the calcium found in milk, and also vitamin D which retains the calcium in the body.
- Muscle Growth: Milk can enhance muscle development in a very effective way. This is because of the protein found in milk. Numerous athletes and health freaks drink milk after a workout, as it gives their body the vital supplements needed for recuperation. Milk also forestalls muscles soreness and recharges the liquids that are lost through physical exertion.
- Weight reduction: Studies have demonstrated that ladies who drink milk daily will probably get in shape faster than ladies who don't drink milk. In case you're looking for a solid nibble or satisfying snack, drink a glass of milk. It's additionally prescribed that you take it with supper or while eating an organic product.
Researchers have also found that milk keeps various maladies at bay. It has the ability to lower hypertension and decrease the danger of strokes. Likewise, milk can diminish the creation of cholesterol by your liver and enhances visual perception. There are a few scientists who also believe that milk can reduce the danger of building up of certain types of malignancy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!