Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxmi Mahim
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi MahimYour feedback matters!
Is everything is normal till type -2 scan done after 4 months of pregnancy. Is there any need to go for other scans in 5,6 and 7 month.
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
Dear sir, My wife is having headache during sex, and thats why we are loosing our all interest to do. This is happening only during having sex. And we are both not satisfied in our married life. So tell me what to do?
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
I have white discharge problem. Its is curable. I do not have child. White discharge stop the pregnancy. How long it will take for cure. please help me for that
Ovulaion date k Nex day me sex krne se pregnency aaskti Hain? Ovulaion kitne din tk hoti hain? 10th April ovulaion date tha 11th April sex krne se pregnency confirm hain? Patla semen se pregnency aaskti Hain?(Daily sex krne se sperm count quality khrab ho gya mujhe lagta Hain. Semen patla ho gaya)
Uterus measure 62*30*26 mm Endometrial 5 mm at time of scan Both ovaries enlarge in size and shows multiple small 2-4 mm cortical cyst. Stromal echogenecity (hyperplasia) present. Lt overy measure 34*23*26 mm. Volume 11 cc Rt ovary measure 32*24*22 mm. Volume 9 cc No free fluid in cul de sac. Impression: Finding are suggestive of? Pcod. It is my ultra sounds report what is mean that please kindly describes.
Dear sir, I am 50 and have 2 3 fibroids in my utreus. Doctor says to remove the utreus but I donot want to get it removed. What should I do? is it dangerous to carry it further. I donot have any problem because of this.
I am 39 week pregnant, my Hb is continuously 9.3, my Doc says it's very low n need iron shots. I don't think it's necessary. Please help.
I am 31 year old, mujhe thyroid hai aur do hi bacchay hai, aur weight bhi bahoth hai mujhe pregneny ke liye kya karna hoga, aur weight loose ke liye kya karna hoga.
I am 20 years young girl. When I thougt about my spouse. Milk discharged from my breast. Why? Is it normal.
I'M 28 years old female suffering from back pain. As doctors advice I did MRI n report was lumbosacral spine shows mild disc bulge at L4_L5, n frm my blood test its shows that I have vitamin D3 insufficiency. Dr. Advice me to wear Lumbosacral belt n to avoid physical activities, floor activities n sometimes it may lead my condition bad. My question Dr. Is it can't b cured ? Avoid physical activities, that shall I have to avoid sex also ? N most important thing Dr. Pls tell I can't b pregnant. I can't give birth to a child ? Husband is thinking that due to this my pregnancy will get complicated. Dr. for vit d3 insufficiency which kind of food I have to take n can you pls tell me the back strengthening exercises n wat I hav to do to reduce the pain in back. N doctor can you pls tell me the side effects of wearing lumbosacral belt is it not good ,pls tell.
The season of winter is all about enjoyment and is full of fun and festivities. As we while away our time enjoying, our body works its own course of eliminating toxic substances from the organs. But there is always a way to make things better. In other words, the process of clearing toxins is known as detoxification and what better way could be there than Ayurveda. During the process of detoxification, there are certain things that should be avoided like sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, soda, etc.
Why choose the ayurvedic way?
It is the natural process through which the body cleanses naturally without undergoing any turmoil due to side effects. During winter, it is a challenge to detoxify as we consume more in order to keep ourselves warm. Ayurveda’s detoxification methods are safe and trusted for centuries.
Why is winter detoxification necessary?
During winter, we require more energy but due to toxins and more food consumption for a warmer body, the digestive system and the immune system are weakened thus making people more vulnerable to sickness. Winter detoxification helps one to control the energy level and makes the person stay fit, healthy and energised. Detoxification cleanses the digestive system and improves the immune system and also helps in losing weight by flushing out the excess fat from the body.
Detoxifying ayurvedic drinks
Natural ayurvedic drinks prepared at home help in retrieving one's healthy self by detoxifying the body's systems. Also, consuming such preparations regularly will offer continual benefits.
- Coriander, lemon and green tea: The combination of coriander, lemon and green tea helps in balancing the fundamentals of the body. This preparation, again, can be consumed every day. It delays the onset of ageing and also remarkably reduces the visible signs of ageing on the skin.
- Lime water with pepper: A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder works wonders on an empty stomach. It helps in detoxifying and improving the digestive system.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetables like carrots and spinach that is widely available in winters can be used in preparing juices. The vegetables, when combined with Apple, Celery, and ginger, is a drink that offers many medicinal benefits and tasty as well.
- Lemon ginger water: The combination of lemon and ginger is said to be one of the healthiest ayurvedic drink to help detox your body during winter. Take a glass of warm water mixed with ginger and lemon juice. This helps have a healthy and clean digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is yet another nature's gift that helps in flushing out toxins. A bit of aloe vera gel mixed with water or orange juice have been working wonders in detoxification for centuries. It is another healthy winter drink.
- Amla juice: Amla is said to be the best aid in losing weight and boosts up the immune system. Amlas soaked in water overnight and blended in a mixer can be taken thrice every day. The juice has a tangy taste but is effective.
To combat winter, Ayurvedic detox drinks are always handy and helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello doctor! I am 23 years old female. Mai last month 13 ko periods hui ti n avi tk 28 days cycleing jo lekr m avi tk hui ni kya m pregnt to ni? please help mujhe bahut indino iching v rehne lgi h vagina m your ghabharat v hoti h niples v hard se hote h please help me?
Watermelon: Watermelon is one of the richest natural sources of L-citrulline, an amino acid that can help make your erection harder. It’s also loaded with citrulline, an antioxidant that converts to L-arginine once it’s in the body. L-arginine stimulates the production of nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to the penis, strengthening erections.
Nuts: How do they boost sexual stamina? Pistachios, peanuts and walnuts all contain the amino acid L-arginine, which is one of the building blocks of nitric oxide—a naturally occurring gas that helps guys maintain their erections. Plus, nuts also help reduce cholesterol levels. The less cholesterol you have in your system, the easier it is for blood to circulate throughout your body and down to your penis, which can help you maintain a firmer erection longer.
Ginger: If you like your food like you like your lovers—sweet and spicy—you're in luck. Ginger is another food that can improve your sex life by aiding blood flow and improving artery health. According to a study in the International Journal of Cardiology, consuming a mere teaspoon of the stuff a few times a week is all you need to reap the heart-healthy benefits.
Pomegranate juice: Some scholarly minds believe it wasn't an apple, but a pomegranate with which Eve tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden—and it wouldn't shock us if that were the case. A recent study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research discovered that pomegranate juice, rich in antioxidants that support blood flow, can help improve erectile dysfunction. Though this study was funded by POM Wonderful, animal studies have also shown that the elixir improves long-term erectile response.
Wild Salmon: Trying to heat things up after your dinner date? Be sure to order the wild salmon. Why? The fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which aid nitric-oxide production, helping you stay hard. Plus, additional research has found that cutting back calories and sticking to a Mediterranean-style diet rich in produce, fish, whole grains and healthy fats (like omega-3s) can improve erectile function in men with metabolic syndrome.
Spinach : Spinach has high arginine content. When this amino acid hits your system, it converts to nitric oxide, which helps initiate and maintain erections. Need another reason to add some green to your plate? Nitric oxide may also help speed muscle growth and recovery time. So not only will you perform better in bed, you’ll look hotter doing it, too.
Oats: The popular breakfast cereal is a good source of l-arginine, an amino acid commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction. Plus, whole grains like oatmeal also help lower cholesterol levels. Having high cholesterol can lead to atherosclerosis, a condition that clogs and narrows arteries, impairing blood flow. This could eventually lead to heart problems, but you’ll likely notice issues below the belt first. The arteries surrounding the genital area are narrower than coronary blood vessels, so they’re more susceptible to clots. Simply put, the better your cholesterol levels are, the better your erection will be, too.
Garlic : Researchers have confirmed that consuming the plant helps stop the formation of new fatty deposits, called nanoplaques, inside arterial walls. Yes, that includes the arteries leading to your penis, too. Keep your heart healthy and your erections strong by adding some of the kitchen staple to your weekly dishes.
Banana : Bananas are good for sexual health.They naturally imbued with B vitamins that increases our stamina levels and helps to de-stress us. Bananas also contain tryptophan, which is an amino acid needed to produce serotonin, which is called the ‘feel good’ hormones. Bananas are high in potassium, used to produce sex hormones, increase our sex drive, and improve our heart system. They also contain bromelain, which is an enzyme that helps to improve the body’s blood flow and increase low libido problems.
Peanut Butter : Peanut butter is rich in monounsaturated fats, which boosts dopamine levels. Dopamine is the responsible chemical compound that increases a woman’s sexual emotions. Peanuts also are high in zinc which has been proven scientifically to increase a man’s sperm count and the sperm’s motility.
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet. Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
- Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
- Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
- Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing indigestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
- Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.