Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi MahimYour feedback matters!
Is there any danger to life in operation related to garbhashaya?(the part of women in which the baby lives during pregnancy)
Why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases?
Chronic diseases can be defined as long-term diseases that plague an individual, and are generally progressive in nature, i. E. Their symptoms become worse as time passes by. Some of the common examples of these diseases are diabetes, heart disease, chronic respiratory diseases like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and stroke to name a few.
Their symptoms are progressive and fixed in nature and this causes a lot of hardships in the life of the affected people, ruining the quality of their life. Since these are the diseases one usually lives with, you are supposed to take pills/medicine every day.
It is important that the treatment of chronic diseases is reliable and does not cause any further harm.
Here are some reasons why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases.
1. No side effects
Homeopathic treatment not only cures the chronic diseases but also ensures that the medications do not cause any side effects whatsoever. Most of the conventional drugs treat problems but they also cause dangerous side effects that may increase your problems altogether. So, homeopathy is naturally the better option.
2. Permanent treatment
Homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases because it helps to cure the chronic diseases permanently. This is so because homeopathy follows a holistic approach and treats the root of the problem in order to eliminate the diseases as a whole and not just reduce the symptoms. Also, homeopathic treatment is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the patient, which makes it a more viable option than conventional drugs.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Hi all, from last 4-5 days suffering with tremendous pain on my right side back, abdomen even pain is till knees. So went to doc n she suggested me to take scanning. It was ovarian cyst which is far from ovary. Actually a year ago also I suffered with same type of issue. Last time size is 6 cm n this time size is 5 cm. We are planning for kids. This ovarian cyst makes any major problem. Please guide.
What is the best and suitable time to become pregnant before and after period. Periods ends on 10 September 2016, So what is the peak ovulation time.
Do I need to take ipill or unwanted 72 if I had unprotected sex and I have just completed taking ginette 35 tablets for 21 days.
Hi. I want to lose post pregnancy weight. My kid is now 4.5 months old. He is on my feed. So can anyone suggest something which doesn't effect my feed and I reduce too.
Hi m 8 months pregnant, wearing glasses .no is -7.5 on each eyes .2 days ago I got to knw my 4.5 years daughter's eyes are also weak. Her no is -2 & -2.75.dr told me her power is cylindrical so neither it would increase nor decrease. Is it true? N is it possible dat my upcoming baby's eyes can also be affected becoz f heredity. please help me m so stressed.
Hello! I had a miscarriage last month due to cervical incompetence. Doctors told me to get cervical stitches in my next pregnancy. Before pre-term delivery I ate 3 mangoes at a time and just after 2 days I had a miscarriage. So did it happened bcz of eating mangoes?
I am 18, my name renu. I am in periods. But I am bleeding lightly. Is it cause from pregnancy or not. Tell me please.
I can get pregnant can't I if he come in me on the 14th day as I read and said egg get released 14 days from first day if your period so I started mine 12th so 14 days be 25th please day yes as I did read it and I'm ready now to do it on 14th day and then be pregnant.
I am 26 years old married man. Would like to ask when would I do sex with my wife without using condom? When I will be safe? Give me detail about it.
Can I eat curd during menses.? Actually one of my friends told me that if we eat curd during menses, it will clot the menses blood and in next month result in heavy bleeding. Is this true?
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.