Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi MahimYour feedback matters!
Irregular periods ultrasound normal but high lh taking normoz since 5 months but still cycles are irregular.
To soothe stiff and painful joints in your hands, apply mineral oil to your hands, put on rubber dish washing gloves, and place your hands in hot tap water for 5 to 10 minutes.
She is pregnant now, 9 months. We have different rh type of blood. Am A+ and she is o-ve, when consultant with gynecologist, they advise to take an injection before delivery. Is it need? Can I have your advise.
My wife had her period on 15/11/2016 but she had a positive pregnancy report so had a MTP kit for abortion on 3/12/2016 and had bleeding for almost a week. So when will she have next period and is it safe to have sex now.
My husband is coming next month. Pls suggest me any medicine to prevent pregnancy because my son is very young he have only 2 years old.
How can I calculate safe days fr sex? Is the method of subtracting 18 from shortest cycle and 11 from longest cycle valid? Can I follow this? My period is bit irregular. It varies between 22-26 days. Approx.
Hi I' m 20, had unprotected sex and took two ipills after that. One within 5 hour after intercourse and other within 24 hours. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? And what happens if taken two pills?
Sir, My wife got pregnancy on 08/03/2016 after one month she went regular checkups then we found she got thyroid with 14.6 and she taken medicines for thyroid (thyronorm 50) and we shifted family from there. Recently we met doctor for check ups she told once check TSH and we taken that test and the result was 3.78, doctor told us take medicine same dose (thyronorm 50) my question is it reduced from 14 to 3.78 whether still continue the same dose, is it right and what your prescription please tell us.
Hello doctor l have pain in stomach of right side. What are the reason? I have also back pain and vaginal pain.
I am 18 years old and my girlfriend is too 18 years old. We had sex on her 6 th day of periods. She has still bleeding in 6th day also, we continued sex used condoms. During sex she has no bleeding but after she had some bleeding, after she had pain in her vagina. This is our first sex, we are afraid that there will be any problem for my girlfriend. Does she get any pregnancy, we are bothering about that main confusion. Please give me answer and clear our confusion and tension. Is she will be alright or not. Some friends told that after sex we gain weight and increase in body. Really that happens or it's just a gossip. We are son tensed in matter of pregnancy only, we used condoms during our intercourse also.
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.