Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Lata RathiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have a scabies infection on my private part testis and penis. what should I do please suggest me.
I have right overy period cyst problems and I was operated in 2013. I'm taking meftal spas tablet during pain but after taking that my bleeding flow goes slow & if m not taking tablet or injections than bleeding flow was ok. From dec'15 m taking pills which was prescribed by my doctor (21 day). Bcz of pain I got so much weak by health, from oct'15 to till I have lost 5 kg weight and the reason only my period pain. I'm suffering in so much pain during period. Pls give me solution.
Sir, Is it necessary to drink water after a period of time if you were playing before it as my parents and teachers ask me to do so?
I m suffering from cold, and cough, severely, which I am using citrozen tablets, and bendrl syrup. Some times I used to drink lemon juice with salt, is it possible to get rid of cold as I seen in internet. Tel me what I want to use.
How can I relief from itching in the joint of the leg. It is because of fungal action. How can I relief it.?
My mom always gets a black spots on her hands no matter wat happens if anything hurts or insects bites. please suggest some remedy.
He usually has body pain. His back hurts if he sits or stands for long. Even after taking massage it dosent get well. And he is usually tired. Even if he dosent do anything.
Sir. I am 19 years old. When I think about sexual activity, after sometime my sperm fell without mastuburate. And sometime it come with urine when I go to toilet. So what I should do? I feel very weak. So give me suggestions please.
I have sex with my gf 3 month ago with using condom. After that she have 2 month regular period, but this month period is 6 days late. So what is the problem.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain wherever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Sir I am 15 years old, I get sweat and red face whenever I play or whenever I do any little work. please help me.
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took (postpone 72) pill only one pill within 10 mints. 23,24,25th continually 3 days we had un protected sex per day 2,3 times. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill. March 13th to 16th already I got my normal period. Now april 1st and 2nd I got bleeding. Its not heavy flow bt its minimal flow continually april (1st, 2nd minimal bleed) (3rd very slight bleed) Nw my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? Wt should I do nw? I need detailed answer. Thanx.
I am suffering with head ache not regularly which is in the middle of the head to back side only. What should I do?
While consuming alcohol in small amounts has its health benefits, using alcohol as an escape from daily social and work pressures could lead to harmful effects. Consuming alcohol more than the body can endure can pave the way for devastating health conditions, including permanent damage to the liver.
1. What is alcohol addiction?
When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that it becomes difficult to function without it, the condition is called alcohol addiction. Untreated alcohol abuse can progress dependences to an addiction to alcohol characterized by physical dependence and/or inability to stop despite serious consequences. Once they begin drinking, alcoholics have little to no control over the amount they consume.
2. Signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence are as follows:
- Significant hangovers and increase in time needed to recover from after-effects of alcohol use.
- Increased amount of alcohol consumed because of increased tolerance; or, decrease in the effects of alcohol use without substantial increases in the amount consumed.
- Reduced attention to personal and professional responsibilities.
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Withdrawal symptoms when unable to consume alcohol.
- Continuing to consume alcohol despite knowing its harmful effects.
3. What are the short-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- The short-term effects of alcohol consumption above a specified level differ from person to person, depending on the age and weight of the person, and whether the alcohol has been taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Though the short-term effects of alcohol are pleasant in the first place, they may lead to poor concentration, diminishing reflexes, lack of coordination and many other conditions which may lead to slowing down of the important activities of the brain.
- It may also lead to emotional and psychological changes, sleep disorders, drowsiness, slurring of speech, nausea and vomiting.
- The short-term effects of alcohol are further amplified when it is consumed along with certain medications.
4. What are the long-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- Daily consumption of alcohol for a prolonged period of time can lead to death of cells in the brain, causing nerve damage, eventually leading to poor mental and physical functions.
- Alcohol addiction causes damage to the liver, and leads to a severe medical condition called cirrhosis, where the liver is required to be transplanted.
- It may also lead to pancreatitis, which is a dangerous inflammation of the pancreas.
- When the body becomes tolerant to high doses of alcohol, consuming alcohol no more leads to short-term effects of alcohol. The condition, commonly referred to as tolerance, may lead to total dependence on alcohol in case of some individuals.
If a person has become addicted to alcohol, he/she would keep on drinking regardless of the mental and physical effects of alcohol. It may also cause relationship troubles, a steady drop in sexual performance, loss of job, and many other devastating outcomes. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for treatment while the situation is under control. Otherwise, it may affect all aspects of a person’s life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.