Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. L TemjenyanglaYour feedback matters!
Maintaining a healthy diet is of prime importance during a wedding season. Slightest of negligence can lead to unaccounted fat, leading to cardiovascular and other diseases. While working out can help to stay away from putting on the extra pounds, a healthy diet goes a long way in ensuring that the body functions at the optimum level.
Here is a list of important tips that will help to follow a healthy diet and refrain from putting on extra weight:
- Stay away from unnecessary fat: Most wedding parties have numerous food options. The high fat items such as dairy product, oily dishes should be eschewed in order to ensure that the body is not overstuffed with unnecessary fat that is difficult to get rid of.
- Look at the portion size: Another good way of maintaining a healthy diet is to pick and choose the right dishes and go for small portion size rather than going all out for the one dish one likes. There is no harm in trying multiple dishes, but the same should be done in small portion sizes.
- Planning for the day: One critical aspect of eating healthy is to eat throughout the day. On the day of a wedding, there are many people who tend to save the stomach for the party meal or drink. This is a very bad approach as far as eating healthy is concerned. A good way to plan the day is to eat light throughout the day. Salad, for instance, comes as a relief during the wedding session.
- Making a routine: Sticking to a diet chart helps a great deal in maintaining a healthy diet. The diet chart should comprise of multiple options. For instance, one need not stick to an oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Variety will help to break the monotony and encourage a person to stick to the diet routine.
- Calorie count: In continuation of the diet chart, keeping a rough count of the calorie consumed on a daily basis also helps to stick to a healthy diet. Calorie count is a good way of keeping track of what one is eating and how much impact it will have in the longer run. Since wedding parties tend to possess a lot of food items, a rough calorie count will help an individual to balance the calorie count in the next few days.
- Refrain from too much drinking: Staying away from alcohol can be difficult in wedding parties, but their consumption increases the urge to eat more. It, therefore, makes sense to not consume more than a couple of drinks in any wedding party.
Hello good afternoon actually we have to plan for baby after two years, so when met my wife with condom, but I want to meet my wife without condom, so which time is better to meet her without using that? Is there any chance to get pregnancy?
Hello. I am 24 years old. My periods have always been regular. However since last nine months my periods became scanty. Lasting 3 days instead of 5 and some spotting on 4th day. But they where always regular. However, this month I dint get my period. I went to a gynecologist who said this is pcod and the only treatment is changing life style. Absolute healthy diet. exercise and stress free life. She examined my breasts by squeezing them and checking with a stethoscope. I now noticed that Had a super healthy diet and never missed my dance and yoga I would get my period perfectly. And this month due to some work I dint have time for yoga or dance and my diet also went for a toss. The doctor also said that I am over weight by 5 kgs and it would greatly benefit me if I reduced weight. Now my question is that m I having these menstrual abnormalities becoz I dint follow a good life style for a month. Or is it due to prolactin? I read on the internet that high prolactin causes this problem and the reason for high prolactin is tumor. My doctor dint do any pro Lactin test. She is a very Gud gyneac and her diagnosis is awesome but I am worried if she missed out on checking this pro Lactin. Should I insist for a test? Or should I start my exercise and healthy diet again would it suffice? I have no other health problems. I don't smoke or drink. Not sexually active. I do feel a little dizzy but doctor said it's cuz of low bp. (110/80). Thank you.
After marriage usually sexually active couple do get good news of pregnancy usually within the first year unless they are intentionally delaying or postponing it. But if they not getting pregnancy it is common to face embarrassing questions when they attend a social gathering which s bombarded by family and friends.
So the couple get stressed out and sometimes go into depression and start thinking about not getting pregnant all the time leading to loss of interest in usual work and life and get disturbed even at work place.
Soon follows the advice of friends n family to visit some age old so called baba or to visit some particular place of worship to get pooja s done to become pregnant instead of asking them to visit a gynaecologist or infertility specialist to find out the cause of not conceiving and getting help by getting treated.
We doctors keep saying that at the present era of digitisation couple should start visiting gynaecologist or infertility specialist soon after one year of infertility to get themselves counselled, diagnosed the problem and to get treated. So that patients get help from trained professionals and get pregnant sooner than they think by using various treatment modalities. The latest modalities available include IUI, IVF, ICSI, laser hatching, blastocyst culture, ovum or sperm donor programme, etc.
So I request all the infertile couple to please do visit nearest infertility specialist to get diagnosed your problem and get treated for the specific problem and lead a happy family life.
Um about 14 weeks pregnant now and I feel too lonely most of the times. I can't express exactly what all I feel but its too depressing. I feel like crying out loud but my husband couldn't understand my feelings. Or I couldn't explain it well. But I feel hurt n more low now. I know its not healthy for the baby too but I can't help feeling it. Kindly guide me what should I do bout it?
Hi doctor My friend wants to know in which month the fetus converts to boy or girl during pregnancy. She is 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. Please clarify the doubt.
Consumption of food with a high glycemic index such as white bread bagel cornflakes puffed rice may be associated with increased risk of lung cancer.
My vagina hole is too small, its so hard to do sex with my husband, please help dor smooth experience.
I am 34 years old. But I am very thin. My weight only 45 kg height 5.4 ench. And from three months my mensence not clear? what's reason?
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I got periods with in 10 days of my last period. On 15th of this month my periods end bt in 10 days they again come. Is there any other reason for that.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'